Necromancer set suggestion for patch 2.7

Necromancer’s set is underperforming. The reason is the lack of toughness and damage. For other classes, set usually provide 50% of LOD damage. It makes sense because F&R provides 2.25 increased damage. However, the necromancer has some really strong ring options. It makes 6 pieces set obsolete. That why I would suggest making necro set deal a baseline of 10000% increased damage with special effect or condition that LOD cannot achieve.

(2) Set: Blood Rush gains the effect of every rune, its cooldown is reduced by 50%.

(4) Set: You no longer benefit from life on hit, life per second, and life per kill. Instead you gain 50% of your from life on hit, life per seconds as armor and 10% of your life on kill as all resistance
(around 20000 armor and 1500 all resistance)

(6) Set: Your all blood skills deal 5000% increased damage (except corpse lancer)
Your deal 3% increased damage for every 1% Life that you are missing.

This will make the Trag’Oul’s Avatar into a high-risk high reward set. You deal 5000% when you are at full life, but it will increase to 20000% when you are near death. The 4 piece bonus also remove all passive healing effect from your character and make the control of remaining life easier.

Ideally, one will pair this with Shi Mizu’s Haori for a 100% critical chance. Siphon Blood and Blood nova build will be ideal for this set, as one of them heal and the other one cost life.

Bones of Rathma
(2) Set: Your minions reduce the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 1 second each time they deal damage.
Army of the Dead deal 300% increased damage

(4) Set: You gain a 2% damage reduction for 15 seconds each time one of your minions deal damage. Max 25 stacks.
You gain 50% damage reduction for 8 seconds after using Army of the Dead

(6) Set: Casting Army of the Dead increases your damage by 10,000% for 8 seconds

Bloodsong Mail: Command skeleton deal 300-450% increased damage. You gain 7 extra skeletons for 8 seconds after using an army of Dead

Revive: now last for ever and deal 50% increased damage (skill changes)
Revived singularity mage and golem, now deal the same damage as the original skills. Default skeleton revive now also benefit from command skeleton damage.

When using a 6 piece set, one cannot use Requiem Cereplate, T&T, and Razeth’s Volition. This means that the skeleton mage build will always be better on LOD.
So the focus of Bones of Rathma will be using the army of the Dead to clear pack and use boneringer with command skeleton to kill elite.

New off hand: Command Golem gain Decay Golem rune. Instead of corpses, It now consumes all other summons and gains all of their combined damage for 10 seconds.

The new decay Golem suggestion would make the gameplay of singularity mages more interesting. Using Golem to consume would focus and extended the damage of summoned singularity mages, but it would cause your attack to become melee ranged and only focus on a single target. In terms of DPS, it will double the damage of LON mage build and bring it up to bar compare to grim scythe build.

New off hand: Bone armor now also applied to Golem.
This will help to make a lot of Inarius build viable.

Masquerade of Burning Carnival
(6) Set:
Bone Spear and Revive deals 10,000% increased damage. Simulacrums gain triple this bonus

Maltorius’ Petrified Spike
You attack 100% faster. Bone Spear deals 600–850% increased damage.

Inarius Wrap: Enemy damaged by you bone spear will be revived for 15 seconds when killed
Both skill deal 300% increased damage

In the game of thrones, the night king uses an ice spear to kill Viserion and revive him as an undead dragon. What if necromancer also has this power and can revive enemies that killed by his bone spear.

7 Likes

I think this item should be redesigned.

Maybe it could reduce your damage taken when on low health by ~40-50-60% and in addition to that it can make all your hits crits for ~3 -5 seconds. So only the crit bonus would last for a few seconds after the screen got red, but the damage reduction buff would only be active while the screed is red.

I like this that the set would now increase all damage and not just the damage of your minions and AotD., but the duration should be longer, maybe like 15 seconds.

You are right, Shi Mizu’s Haori are very difficult to use. Maybe it can also use a sunstone treatment.

Shi Mizu’s Haori
Your gain 1.5% increased critical chance for every 1% Life that you are missing.

This way u will always benefit from the item, and at 36% like or low, you will gain 100% critical chance.

2 Likes

Yes, something like this would make the item much more useful since you don’t have to stay low on health all the time.

But in order for this item to really shine with your version of the Blood Necro set, there needs to be a decent amount of damage reduction when going lower on life.

The Sunstone can help with that, but I think a 30-50% damage reduction when at ~30% health on Shi Mizu’s Haori would healp as well to mitigate the risks a bit.

7 classes x 5 builds (sans Invoker) dealing damage proportional to weapon is so old.

Make Trag’Oul a set that is based on dealing damage through life per hit, bleed, life per second, and health globe bonus. ie a mechanism that is similar to Thorns but instead of raking up thorns affixes, you’d be raking in life related items, including %HP bonus.

I would also really like to see a buff to the Inarius set

It’s tricky to buff a set like this since its a jack of all trades, and you don’t want it to end up outperforming a set with an ability said set is dedicated to

But i’d really like to see something along the lines of this

First the 2 piece:

Current - (2) Set: Bone Armour damage is increased by 1000%

New - (2) Set: Bone Armour damage is increased by 3000%

Then the 6 piece:

Current - (6) Set: Bone armour also activates a swirling tornado of bone, damaging nearby enemies for 1000% weapon damage and increasing the damage they take from the necromancer by 10,000%

New - (6) Set: Bone armour also activates a swirling tornado of bone, damaging nearby enemies for 5000% weapon damage and increasing the damage they take from the necromancer by 10,000% for 3 seconds

2 Likes

Not sure if I’m to late or not but Necro could really use some kind of generic/universal boost kinda off hands. As of right now, they all cater to fairly specific playstyles and if your build doesn’t benefit from those effects, you throw in lost time just because you might be able to use the move speed.

Just some effect ideas off the top of my head…
Consuming a corpse could do something
Could be anything really, but this is the kinda thing that almost every necro would benefit from.

An offhand that makes Leech good
Every necro uses curses and Leech is currently the least useful curse.

An offhand that boosts a necro passive
idk how you guys feel about the passive boosting legendries but I kinda like them :stuck_out_tongue:
Draw life and Grisly tribute are 2 that I don’t think I’ve ever used.

Necromancer
(2) Set:
Blood Rush gains the effect of every rune, its rune effect and duration is increased by 150%.
(6) Set:
Your Life-spending abilities deal 4000% increased damage.
Your secondary skills deal 2% increased damage for every 1% Life that you are missing.

Bones of Rathma
(6) Set: Also increase damage of revive and command skeletons by 10000%

Bloodsong Mail: After casting Army of the Dead, Command Skeletons gains the effect of Enforcer, Frenzy, Dark Mending and Freezing Grasp runes and deals 200-300% increased damage for 5 seconds

Grace of Inarius
(2) Set: Also increase damage of Bone Golem by 1000%.
(6) Set:
Bone Armor also activates a swirling tornado of bone around you and your Bone Golem, damaging nearby enemies for 3000% weapon damage and increasing the damage they take from the Necromancer and your Golem by 10,000%.

Pestilence Master’s Shroud
(2) Sets: Each corpse you consume lower the cooldown of Land of the dead by 0.1 second
(4) Sets: Each enemy you hit with Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion reduces your damage taken by 2%, up to a maximum of 60%. Lasts 15 seconds.
(6) Sets: Corpse Lance and Corpse Explosion damage is increased by 4000% and is cast twice when Land of the dead is active

Land of the dead - Invigoration now provide 50% resource cost reduction and gain life instead of losing life when using blood skill.

1 Like

Inarius + Curses + 28 Skeletons

Grace of Inarius:

2pc Bone Armor damage is increased by 1000%, also gains the effect of every rune.

4pc Bone Armor grants an additional 3% damage reduction per enemy hit, also Bonus to Gold and Health Globe radius increased by 2 per enemy hit.

6pc Bone Armor also activates a swirling tornado of bone, damaging nearby enemies for 1000% weapon damage and increasing the damage they take from the Necromancer by 10000%, the range of this effect is increased by 50% of your gold pickup radius. Attacks have a 25% chance on hit to trigger Bone Armor at target location.

Trag’Oul’s Avatar:

2pc Blood Rush gains the effect of every rune.

4pc Blood Rush now leaves 5 corpses at your current location, each corpse you consume also gains the effect of Devour Cannibalize in addition. While at full life, your healing from skills is added to your maximum life for 45 seconds, up to 150% more.

6pc Your Life-spending abilities deal 3800% increased damage and your healing from skills is increased by 100%.

Item Changes:

Bryner’s Journey:
Attacking with Bone Spikes has a 75%-100% chance to cast a Bone Nova at the target location. Bone Nova’s damage is increased by 250%-300%.

Trag’Oul’s Avatar:
Remove Trag’Ouls Stalwart Greaves (feet)
Add Trag’Ouls ****** (belt)
Add Trag’Ouls ****** (Phylactery)

1 Like

Bones of Rathma

2P) Your skeletal minions reduce army of the dead by 1 second each time they deal damage. Skeletal Warriors spawn faster and skeletal mages no longer expire.

4P) Minions are immune to all damage. You gain 8% reduced damage per active revived minion. Revive no longer expire.

6P) Each skeletal minion increase your army of the dead by ‘X’% damage.

Fate’s Vow
Army of the dead gains the death valley and unconventional warfare rune. Unconventional warfare last twice as long.

Rathma’s Shield
Gain 50% damage reduction when you cast army of the dead, simulacrum or land of the dead.

Overpowered but I have a proposal to smooth that :

This thread’s from July 2020.
Can you stop bumping dead threads just to link to your bad proposals.

1 Like

Not sure how it’s overpowered…I wasn’t requesting for skeletal mages to have a damage increase with this post. It was merely to make an adjustment to improve the set mechanic due to revives not functioning properly hampering proper AoTD cooldown.

Sorry it was one the latest Necromancer threads, where you guys told me to post.

Told you the Necromancer section was dead :joy:

I was worried you didn’t saw it.
You didn’t explained why this one in particular is supposely bad.
Can you criticize the proposal point by point ?
I’m listening and learning.
Teach me your point of view.

In addition it is a pet proposal on a pet class just like you love them.
Enjoy !

Tragouls is probably going to be the next set that’s going to be reworked/buffed. It’s been arguably the worst set in the game for many seasons now. Either they are going to make overpowered like in recent cases (Inna, Firebird) or land it somewhere in mid to high tier.

I have a proposal for Trag’Oul’s Avatar:

As it was quite hard to get original, I opted for % enemy Life lost on hit, so you bypass all mechanics based on damage.

Numbers probably need to be tweaked.

The reddit topic has also some interesting ideas.

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/sfb0qy/s26_tragouls_avatar_pestilence_ricochet_blood/

1 Like

Ah yes, the toughness is also another issue with this set currently. It’s mechanics are not reliable.

Another thing is that necro already has a generic - buff everything - set. It is Inarius. Having another one like that doesn’t serve any purpose. Necro also lacks any real pet set currently. Rathma filled that role in the past. Out of all 5 sets necromancer has, at least one should be dedicated to minions and summons imo. Since they changed rathma to be an AoTD set perhaps now it is time for tragouls to be a pet set. I say pet set in a sense where the pets do the bulk of the damage and are not just there for utility I mean it fits the personality of necromancer, right? Even demon hunters and monks have pet sets nowdays.

PS. I know that technically Tragouls can be played with pets if you chose blood mages for example, but it is probably the worst set you can play right now.

1 Like

So you would abandon the blood fantasy ?

Why not after all.

Skeletons and Golem are scalable.

And also Revive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8wQ2BvdNOM&t=6s

Revive is complicated to scale, because the skill itself, the runes and the current Revive itemization.

1 Like

If f it were up to me, yes! :slight_smile: I wouldn’t mind the blood skills to be there but just for 2 or 4 piece set bonus. But that’s just my personal preference.

Ultimately, i will still welcome any rework or buff they do for this set. It desperately needs it