From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

I so hope you are correct. On the other hand, from the perspective of the game admins, what goes on here may be trivial and inconsequential to them and their “bigger picture.” As my nihilism grows, this seems more and more likely. I’m starting to lose faith I guess.

BUT, it is truly heartening to see the community rally! The forum is definitely not a solo part of the game.

4 Likes

I like Genghis and Attila more than Hannibal because, eventually, he lost.

I believe if there is a warcry material enough to rally so many players from all classes, Blizzard will take it seriously. Afterall, majority of these groups of players are going to support future Diablo projects if the bond of trust remains strong.

7 Likes

Yep, you got that right

Well, a house divided cannot stand…and barb without his belt will lose his pants.

11 Likes

Let’s make one thing clear once and for all. NO ONE will call me a fake barb supporter, not You or anyone else. Let’s start with “prove”…

Here’s my post from the link you provided:

Here’s a different post of mine in the same thread:

I encourage everyone in this thread who might have any doubts in my commitment in the barb cause, to read all my posts from this thread and than tell me if I’m a fake barb supporter, not just one post out of context…

You also said you support the barb community form day one.

Well this is how you supported it…

Here’s the 2 Free’s community buff thread’s:

2.6.6 Barbarian Community Buff Proposal
2.6.6 and Barbs: A Measured Response

Free got 73 likes for the 1st thread, yet you didn’t like it. Here’s prove:

D3-Barb-Proposal-Free’s-Likes

Free got 111 likes in the 2nd thread. Once again you didn’t like it:

D3-Barb-Buff-Response-Free’s-Likes

Not to mention that you didn’t even post in both these threads :roll_eyes:

Here’s a list of threads that either support barbs or are against the recent lamentation nerf in which you haven’t posted at all:

Wheres the Barb? A look at all region Leaderboards
WW Rend OP, but S19 season theme OK?
Please revert the Lamentation nerf
[Analysis] “Balance” Why WWrend nerf?
Lamentation… the irony
“We heard the whining of our dedicated troll community…”
Barbarians Unite Pls. Nice People spotted :slight_smile:
Hyuuuge barb Nerf 2.6.7
Massive WW/Rend nerf on Blizzcon PTR
“We heard the War Cry from our dedicated Barbarian community!”
Another barb thread
Streamer: “Small Nerf”
BLIZZARD, BE TOLERANT AND STOP CLASS INEQUALITY, plz!
@ Nevalistis in regards to barb proposal
#SAVEBARBS: update Mortick’s to also increase damage by 50% while WOTB is active!

These are the threads were you posted:

Barb Nerf = No S19

This is how your barb support looks like (posts from the thread above):

Post 1
Post 2
Post 3

All I see is personal attacks and the constant broken record argument that powercreep is the reason of everything that’s bad in this game… :roll_eyes:

New speed meta/RGK/4man meta changes

This is how his support for barbs looks like this time:

…and this is how his support for barbs looks like in that one:

ALL CLASSES UNITED: WW Rend

I’ll just leave this one without a comment… You can check yourself if you want.

Last, but not the least. The infamous I’m no barb argument, so I should not speak in regard of barbs at all…

Here’s some screenshot for you:

Amount of hours played on my barb on main account:

Europe Server:

America Server:

Here’s my profile in vanilla D3 on main account. Personal account details hidden for obvious reasons… :roll_eyes:

D3-Profile

Here’s prove I play from season 1 on EU server on my main account:

EU-Seasons

================================================

Here’s some more sceenshots I made today

================================================

Infernal-Machines-Lvl60
Urn-of-Quickening - details on what it is → Here
Rift-Keystone-Fragments

Legacy items:

Skorn
Manticore
Natalya’s Slayer
Thasker and Theo
Ice Climbers

=========================================

Here’s some old ones:

=========================================

Immortal King’s Eternal Reign
The Tall Man’s Finger

That’s pretty much it about me, who has never played a Barb before and am only a DH player argument…

Unlike you I don’t pretend to be someone I’m not.

I’m not spreading false information like I’m a big Barb supporter yet never post about supporting barbs unless, you’re proven wrong.

You’re like Micro on a balance crusade, but instead of balance every class to the TOP players you want to nerf all the OP classes to the Barb and Monk level.

You don’t care about average players who are lucky to clear a 100-110 in seasons just because you can do better.

You keep blaiming powercreep for everything, yet Free already explained everything about it to you better than I ever could or will.

If your support for barbs is to agree to just a 100% lamentation buff instead to revert the nerf than please:

about your powercreep argument or that it is better to nerf the most OP classes or even don’t let WW Red be OP by being ahead of other classes by even 2-4 GRs, just because you prefer to play with HOTA or SS and only use WW build for speed T16…

If you only care about what’s good for you, ignoring the rest of the players, than just keep your support to yourself…

You never posted in both Free’s threads:
2.6.6 Barbarian Community Buff Proposal
2.6.6 and Barbs: A Measured Response
a single time and you have the nerve to say you support barbs…

I on the other hand left my feedback and support and guess what it even made it to PTR and will probably make it live… The only difference is that I wanted it to be as part of the 2 pieces Wastes set, but devs decided to add it to Ambo’s Pride as a new legendary power:

I on the other hand won’t have anything against PRO barbs clearing even 144-146 GRs with any build they like… I know that if PROs can almost clear a 150 Solo or are close, I can do GR110-120 easier. Unlike some players I’m not a fan of pushing and like to play with my own pace. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t give you the right to judge me.

If barbs get really strong even with just one build (although I prefer more than just one), maybe I might even make a 3rd account and buy D3 RoS, just to play with barbs for a change…

For someone who enjoys doing calculations in D3planner I never seen you doing it once in your posts…

Prokahn on the other hand posted detailed graphs and even made calculations how the lamentation nerf will bring back barbs to max 133-135 GR with over 10000 paragon

If you don’t understand how wrong that is and that powercreep isn’t the problem than nothing will convince you…

18 Likes

When Free and I wrote our proposal, my own personal goal was to see more balance within my own class (Barb), and later on I came to see the merits of balancing things out a bit between Barbs and other classes.

I don’t have much hope for any of that to happen, anymore.

At this point, I think the best any of us can hope for is variety… for the game to see repeated changes, in a relatively rapid fashion.

So yeah, Rend should get back its 200% modifier. Will it turn out to be OP? Probably not. And if so, then so what? Let it run for a season or two, then nerf it into the ground, and buff something else-- maybe then Pro-Slam, or Leapquake, or HOTA, can take its turn in the sun for a couple of seasons.

And the same could be done for various builds, for every class.

If I could do something that would improve the balance of the game, I certainly would. Lord knows, I’ve tried! But it’s clear that isn’t going to happen.

Variety will keep people coming back to the game. If, next season, somehow, the best 4 person meta shook out to be support DH, support Crusader, trash-clearing Monk, and RG killing Barb, you better believe people would return to the game in droves just to play something different.

So: mix it up, Blizz. You can start by un-nerfing Rend.

23 Likes

That is a magnificent post.

5 Likes

Anyone who doubts Gasnick’s intention should have a brain check. Lad is gold and has stood by my side on each and every post. He is the most welcomed on our community, and I can speak on his behalf.

7 Likes

Gasnick I like you. Noice barb.

4 Likes

Good for you, the “proof is in the pudden” as they used to say.
I consider myself as a Barbarian supporter for what seems like forever, mainly the WW build, but you have me beat hands down in so many ways, maybe now there is at least one Troll that is forced back in it’s slimy cave!

4 Likes

Keep this up fellow barbs!!! As I said before *NO MORE COMPROMISING
WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT THE 200% ON LAMENTATION. Spread the word and get everyone to post on the multiple threads going.

5 Likes

Ehem 400% is what we need to be A tier

8 Likes

Sure I will take that too

5 Likes

Revert the unjustified Nerf

I play multiple classes and tested Rend-Barb on NS-PTR between GR 110-131+. Performance is comparable to other classes top builds. Like some have mentioned survival gets problematic in higher GR (even more without insane paragon).

It’s about time barbs also get something powerful.

2 Likes

Man, this legacy Skorn made me smile like an idiot for 20 seconds. Give this badboy to me with updated damage (4300s) + emerald in socket AND LET THE BLOODBATH COMMENCE

4 Likes

So please take back the really unnecessary nerf.
The devs can really set a mark and show that they take the community seriously.

Season 19 needs a strong barb!

8 Likes

Can anyone make a meme of the “we can do it” pinup girl from the war but put a barb in it?

2 Likes

Yes, we are way over due for a strong solo barbarian.
Take back Lami nerf and re-implement damage buff!
Blizzard, prove to the community that you are about having FUN!

2 Likes

I just can’t wrap my head around why they would pull another “Mortick’s” and pull Lam modifier complete. That’s a total Troll move. Had they reduced it to say 175% or 150% max (this is understandable), but remove it completely!

2 Likes