Streamer: "Small Nerf"

I recall you typing :

This will be the end, I don’t feed trolls more than to prove my point. Move along and go tell Fluffy you did a good job.

Some day dev. love will find us
Break those nerf chains that binds us
One night will remind you
How we touched 140 and nerfed to oblivion
If trolls ever hurt you (barb)
True love won’t desert you
You know I still love you (barb)
Though we touched 140 and nerfed to oblivion.

Good old 80s, simpler but more colorful times.

8 Likes

Woah… I think there is some massive confusion here boyz. First) I didn’t make the changes, I didn’t have anything to do with the changes, we literally were just told the items changes were on the ps4 Diablo 3 station and so we excitedly moved over there to snap some photos. I do still think the top 1% of barb players are going to slay on WW even after nerfs. I get why people are upset, no one likes to be nerfed and barbs needed the love. But attacking me, my Diablo knowledge or skill or just attacking me as a person is straight toxic. I literally just made a tweet showing you guys the changes and said “small nerf” because they removed the 250 dmg mod. I still expect it to slay… but no one really knows how it will perform until we get to play it. So stop freaking out, if it sucks, the barb boyz will complain and maybe it’ll get buffed in s20. Either way, it has nothing to do with me, I just tweeted it so you boyz could see it, Jesus

10 Likes

No hate here fluffy keep doing what you do :slight_smile:

I am however up in arms over the Lamentation nerf. I think I’ve made and replied to over 20 posts in a matter of 12 hours. But I in no way shape or form hold you responsible. Wish you the best and don’t let the haters get to you.

It’s the “small” part that is drawing rage, a 67% nerf isn’t small.

5 Likes

FYI every GR level has monster HPs increased by 17%

So let’s look if this is small or big nerf.

If the buff is 200% our final buffed damage is 300%. So it is triple 3x

And let’s say we lose X amount of GRs.

1.17^x=3

x (log 1.17)= (log 3)

x=(log 3)/(log 1.17)=7

That nerf causes us to lose 7GRs.

Let’s think for a second about Darkpotato’s 140 clear: It was a clear made with (80-90% close to) perfect gear, 10000 paragon, perfect floor composition and finished the rift at +14 minutes. This is the fishing range

So basically he starts fishing at 140-7=133 now and we had WW barb able to clear 130 pre-buff.

This is the outrage.

As a streamer and public figure what you say sounds more and reaches to more places and the blizzard developers might do a serious mistake here. I don’t think the outrage is personal but calling it a slight nerf is not a correct description. It is a nerf to oblivion.

9 Likes

Personally, I think that some barbs will owe you a debt of gratitude. Now they know and are advocating for a change. Information is good.

There has been too much propagation of misinformation that has led to unjustified emotional responses.

2 Likes

Stop with your hypocrisy, its unbearable.

7 Likes

Just keep flagging him

2 Likes

What amulet was darkpatator wearing? What shoulders did he have on? This was not “perfect” gear.

Mate, if you actually knew how incredibly untrue that was… I’m straight blacklisted homey. I have a lot of reach with the boyz in the community and it’s amazing. But when it comes to blizzard, I would be the dead last person they would listen to. If I’m being honest. So just pump the breaks on the hate train. I get that my small nerf but triggered you but it’s just an opinion mate, breathe

6 Likes

Are you kidding me? If Lord Fluffy did not make his tweet, none would be the wiser until the patch notes came out and it would be Morticks 2.0.

5 Likes

Writing “boyz” and what you wrote to me on Twitter just shows you know nothing at all.
A greater rift reduced by 7 levels is not a small thing either.
You didn’t even know what I was talking about when explaining this to you. Then proceeded to write “your hate is misplaced here” out of the blue.
People here have already told me about whom you really are and what you do.

You show yourself rather in lack of info and knowledge in total.

3 Likes

Rest assure you, no barbarians will ever owe him gratitude. Second, Fluffy is the owner of his twitter and made the tweet.

1 Like

No need to continue man. It is not going to result in enlightenment.

Barb is in s**t place for years. Time to change ship already.

We can gauge this stuff but let’s hope that they also made some mechanics change that can elevate our damage (like the hidden WW buff we received couple of years ago with tick rates)

3 Likes

Just needed to show people how he is and acts. I’m all up for people having their opinions, but someone proclaiming to be the “lord of d3” and calls this a small nerf is just flat out wrong.
Sometimes I just need to put the entire story out there for people to have and not one sided person that think calling us boyz will be enough.

4 Likes

The other thing that I can appreciate about Lord Fluffy is that he has the judgment to recognize a problem with is own main class and asked begrudgingly for a nerf to thorns necromancer. No one like nerfs but sometimes nerf are for the good of the game. The idea of saying no one should ever call for nerfs is incorrect. In some cases, it is needed.

2 Likes

so, just so I’m understanding you, next time you would rather me just not tweet out the photo of the changes… so we’re just blind sided when the patch lands. Then you could just be toxic toward the devs? Just the worst kind of person. Good luck to you in s18, this clearly wasn’t worth my time

11 Likes

Next time, post the picture and don’t call it for something that it is not?
7 greater rift levels and judged from a person with 10.5k paragon points is a large nerf for the average player. Was I toxic when I believe that your wording was “small nerf” was not in place? I explained this to you , while you went on saying you love my passion but my hate was misplaced. I never showed you any hate, you would know if I did.
You of all should know a 7 greater rift level is not a small nerf. Neither the fact it was done towards the Barbarian class which has struggled to be heard and finally to become viable along with your beloved Necro and Wizard, Dh, Wd.

10 Likes

…like you do. You’ll do absolutely anything to support your balance crusade even if it means leaving barbs once again as the bottom feeders.

For you having barbs in META as the top damage dealing class would destroy the game balance, cause in your opinion their place is only as a zDPS support class in META, just because you have 2 zDPS and clearly have no idea how to play with this class other than just as a support…

Now you act like you care about barbs and try to convince everyone you are strongly against Wizards being OP, right after you and your other nerf buddies made sure barb will suck once again, burring any chance at all to compete with the top 3 highiest GR pushing classes…

7 Likes