Barb Nerf = No S19

Thank you friend, but that won’t be necessary.

Believe you me, you’ve already lifted my spirits.:rofl:

I would just keep to the facts and your opinion. It is best to rise above the name-calling and not take the bait.

As you probably seen, I have been criticized for my opinion in provocative ways, but I want to demonstrate that my thought process is rational/unemotional.

I’m not sure what you mean, my post was entirely sincere. I really do mean all of that - I take friendship very seriously.

I was referencing the end of your first sentence.

I have reread the entire threads that I have posted in, relative to this issue. I think the case has been presented well with numbers. I strongly suspect that the developers do not read the forums in gory detail, but I think that the arguments can be viewed on their merits.

So there’s a behavioral ecomonics professor out of Harvard by the name of Dan Gilbert who studies happiness. He says people end up unhappy because they’re really bad at making decisions. He’s on YouTube.

For example:

You want to go to Hawaii and the trip costs $2000. You see it on sale for $1600. Would you buy it?

In his experiments most people said yes.

Then he changes the experiment with the same people:

You want to go to Hawaii and the trip costs $2000. You see it go on sale for $700. You decide to think it over for a week. Unfortunately, the price goes up to $1500. Would you buy it?

Most people said no - even though the price is less in the 2nd scenario.

Basically, a good deal that use to be a great deal is not nearly as good as an aweful deal that use to be a horrible deal.

In other words:

$2000->$1600
Just fix Rend, it’s awful. I’ll play it if you do anything to make it better and even slightly competitive.

$2000->$700->$1500
You nerfed it so I won’t play Season at all.

1 Like

Are you going to cry too, Miss Flanagan? I for one don’t want to your pitch for a nerf based on your opinion. I want facts. I want truth. Your opinion make you come across as a cotton headed ninny muggins. As far as I’m concerned you sit in a throne of lies. I smell beef and cheddar!

Over 10500 paragon player (best D3 RoS player in the world) solo GR140 while right now wizards with 7430 paragon can solo GR 140, you’re calling over buffed?!

I did the calcs on d3 planner and the difference between damage it’s like 24% more damage, which means that difference of 7k and 10k is less than 2 GR levels.

You still don’t understand that mainstat has insane diminishing returns after some point.

Sorry for the amount of gifs, but when I hear the same argument (over and over again like a broken record) and nothing but it, based on a GR clear made by a player with 10500 paragon than I just can’t help myself

You clearly don’t understand the math/mechanics behind d3 and keep spreading BS in the forums, the difference between +7k players and 10k ones is small , your dumb post or memes just are a waste of space in a topic that people is giving arguments and talking with knowledge.

2 Likes

That’s a fascinating analysis, ockhamdesign. I studied psychology in college, so that is right up my alley. Yeah, it’s hard to wrap my head around players screaming they will not play Barbs at all if there is the slightest nerf to Rend, even if it still ends up being godly compared to pre-PTR Rend.

1 Like

You can search Dan Gilbert on YouTube. He has a Ted Talk called Why We Make Bad Decisions.

Let’s pretend Blizzard has some buff scale from 1 to 10. 1 is neglible buff. 10 is buff it all the way and it might be beyond what we intended. They can go about buffing in two ways.

Scenario 1:
Let’s just buff it to 10 and if it’s too high for what we wanted, let’s nerf it to 9.

Scenario 2:
Let’s just buff it to 7. Yeah, there’s going to be complaints it’s not enough but we realize that. So we’ll just plan to tweak it to 8 something safe so we don’t make it OP.

Scenario 1 - you gave us something and now you’re taking it away. (WW barb)

Scenario 2 - you gave us crap and you made it a little better. Oh well at least is not as bad as it was. (new monk and crusader sets tweaks in 2nd PTR that’s rumored for Blizzcon)

Who said that? Pray tell.

I know that all the power comes from the buffs to items, but some players just can’t take it that Barbs got buffed and now may have a build that can clear the same GRs as Wizard did before PTR or 1-2 GR highier…

Some players just can’t imagine that any other than Wizard or Necromancer class can clear a 140-144 GR solo, so they do anything they can to prevent it, by saying the build is OP, outlier or stuff like that.

Where were these people when chantodo’s vyr’s was clearing 138-142 GR for the last 2 seasons?!

Have you seen any:

Archon Vyr’s Chantodo’s speed running GR150 Pls nerf

or

Nerf Archon build it’s OP

or

Nerf chantodo’s it’s breaking the balance

or

Necro cleared 140 GR, Pls nerf

threads before PTR went live?!

So don’t expect barbs to be calm and agree with any nerfs when they were the WORST DPS class for years

The PTR buffs if anything are still too low at least for Fjord Cutter and Remorseless

WW Rend build is just fine and doesn’t need to be changed nerfed in any way at all

2 Likes

I disagree, if you need 10K Paragon to do 10, it’s not OP.

My thoughts and feelings (Because that’s all that’s important right???) is that the buff doesn’t go far enough, and should be even higher.

3 Likes

By fine I meant it doesn’t need a nerf. I think it’s obvious that 10k paragon needed just to clear a 140 GR is way too high, but if I would mention that I could shake the hornets nest even more and would be flooded with replies like:

“So you want to make an OP build even more OP” or other BS like this…

1 Like

Shake it? I say kick it over…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

So don’t expect barbs to be calm and agree with any nerfs when they were the WORST DPS class for years

Yes, i want to read the argument of barb players with math (like they did in the barbarian buff idea), not the arguments of a guy that knows little about the game, only plays multishot ue dh and spam memes and non sense in the forums. (and just in case, i supported the barbarian buff topic)

WW Rend build is just fine and doesn’t need to be changed nerfed in any way at all

Where is the detailed math behind that argument?

OMG a rational thought in the forums!!! :scream::scream::scream:

10xxx paragon is NOT the vast majority. Using it to “balance” is just BS.

My poor Barb has been neglected for years as he was surpassed by every other class in performance potential…I can’t wait to dust him off again in 2.6.7 and may even roll one for maining in S19.

LEAVE BARBS ALONE

2 Likes

I used to play all classes on both EU and NA server, in fact I have over 300h on most classes and over 1k hours on wizard, over 500h on monk and 2000 1330 hours on barb on my main account…

I stopped playing with my main almost a year ago.

Now on my 2nd account I only play with UE DH Multishot, because I like this build.

Just because I play with a DH now doesn’t mean I don’t have any experience with other classes.

You may know a lot about the game, but that doesn’t change the fact that calling a build OP based on JUST ONE player with over 10500 paragon who cleared a 140 GR is ridiculous…

Even if WW Rend from PTR goes live than what’s the outrage if it clears 140-142 or even 144 GR solo.

If other class sets are lacking in damage and can’t reach the same GR level as WW Rend why not buff the supporting legendaries. It’s not like you have to buff 5 or 10 items just one or 2 supporting items per class would be fine…

Just because you’re obsessed with math doesn’t mean I’m wrong and for your information I play D3 from DAY 1, so stop with your know little about the game argument just because I prefer to play the game rather than do some calculations in D3planner.

If you like D3planner so much why don’t you make some calculations by yourself and tell us how strong the PTR WW Rend build really is…

1 Like

I like the part where all of the closet barbs suddenly feel the need to spring into action against some nerf. Why not give the barbs a chance for a whole season instead of some click-spamming wizard nubs?

Just because I play with a DH now doesn’t mean I don’t have any experience with other classes.

Not so long ago you were posting in forums that doing a GR 100 was super hard and you needed +1k paragon, saying a thing like that just is a proof that you know nothing about this game, because doing GR 100 has been easy since a lot of time ago.

You may know a lot about the game, but that doesn’t change the fact that calling a build OP based on JUST ONE player with over 10500 paragon who cleared a 140 GR is ridiculous…

Even if WW Rend from PTR goes live than what’s the outrage if it clears 140-142 or even 144 GR solo.

If other class sets are lacking in damage and can’t reach the same GR level as WW Rend why not buff the supporting legendaries. It’s not like you have to buff 5 or 10 items just one or 2 supporting items per class would be fine…

That is adding more powercreep for no reason. if somehow rends manage to clear 144 solo it makes the build totally broken, considering that is the strongest barb build for speedfarm too, which means things like hota, and slam will never be relevant, because these builds don’t move and do damage at the same time

I never said rend was OP or was in need of a nerf (post a proof of me saying that if you have one)

Just because you’re obsessed with math doesn’t mean I’m wrong
I’m not obessed about math, is just that game is balanced around math, and if you can’t defend your argument with math you clearly are wrong, because you are using an emotional argument.

and for your information I play D3 from DAY 1 , so stop with your know little about the game argument just because I prefer to play the game rather than do some calculations in D3planner.

I play this game since day 1 too, and i’m well aware that you know almost nothing about the game, not so long ago you were saying that GR 100 was hard lmao, some time after you were saying that doing 110 was like vanilla inferno :man_facepalming: , that only shows that you know very little about the game, because 110 is not hard to clear.
Doing basic d3 math with d3 planner or outside of d3 planner is something that takes no more than 5 mins if you have the right knowledge about the game (considering that at least you have a normal IQ and you have completed the high school)

You are only a guy that knows very little about the game, and now is just a fake barbarian supporter because you just want more powercreep non sense, because are obessed with pushing “highier” (lmao), thanks to powercreep.

And just stop being rude, you type things in caps and tend to say other forum users are “crying” which is fun because the entire forum watched how you cried when our community manager posted something about that some nerfs could happen, and you even said that you will not buy d4 if they nerf your build (ahahaha lmao).

If it could do 146, i really really doubt yhe second highest clear would be 138

2 Likes