Please revert the Lamentation nerf

It makes no sence, is going to be a big let down for a lot of people including myself. It wasn’t done for the right reasons, in light of the Crusader buffs. Pun intended, I’m a Crusader main. Wiz will be stronger than both if the Lamentation nerf is reverted so there is no reason not to revert the nerf.

Enough with the weird politics devs. It wrecks the game experience.

21 Likes

They hate Barbs from the start, there’s no other explanation.

They gave some minor buffs here and there added few new legendary powers, but as soon as barbs gets too close to clearing GR140 solo, it’s OP or breaks the balance of the game even though Necromancers and Wizards can clear GR140 solo and DH can clear max 139 GR, but for some weird reason barbs must remain at the end of the DPS food chain…

7 Likes

Yep, from back in the day, Barbs ruled in early D3, 2-3 screens ahead of all other classes, leaving all the crips, straight to the elites and bosses, carrying the group, and Bliz started the nerf train and has not stopped in the last few years.
Bliz will never allow Barbs the power to cause them those huge headaches from the past again…

5 Likes

They really do need to revert this bs nerf. Wtf is the point of buffing a class just to revert it back to where it was. Why the heck cant you start small and work your way up if needed with a nerf. Like perhaps instead of lamentation buffing it 200% drop it to 150 first and try that. But no lets just revert it to the same pos it was before bc people who probably never played barb and didnt know how bad it was say its op get their way. Do you not realize barb has been BOTTOM tier for like the past 15or more seasons. Suddenly theyre brought to wiz levels and the nerf train starts. Why must you crush a class that has needed love for years and years. I am so gd sick of having to play wiz to be competitive and they are still kings even after their nerf. Barb nerf was completely unjustified and i sincerely hope you devs 2nd guess your decision here bc you always go too far. Peeps ask for an inch and you always take a mile. You couldve easily tweaked it to keep the haters happy and the fans of it satisfied but no you just had to gut the whole dam thing. Yet you wonder why fans are beginning to hate your corporation and cancel their subscriptions. Ive been a huge fan since i was 13 yrs old playing d1. I would walk 2 miles everyday to use the computers at a college campus near my house to take advantage of the cable internet bc then we only had dial up. The amount of love i have lost for you all at blizzard over the years is rediculous. I have 0 faith in you all at this point and it breaks my heart bc i have been a longtime dedicated fan playing every single game youve ever released. But these days you take things too far and my faith and trust in you is gone. I am so disapointed in the devs and in this nerf i dont even wanna touch next season now. Hope you think things through more thoroughly in the future.

4 Likes

That’s because they were Jay Wilson’s favorite pet. As soon as he went, they went with him.

No it didn’t, it always only applied Rend twice. I know because earlier in the year I must’ve rerolled one like 20-30 times to get a decent ancient version.

1 Like

Maybe there trying to force everyone to the new sader monk sets. Eveb though these cant speed. Back to necro rats yet again GG RIP S19 for barbs atm

1 Like

That’s the truth. Jay Wilson was the last Barb in Blizz.

True, you’re right. I just checked it… Well it sucks anyway, leaving barbs in the dust again…

1 Like

hm that 10k+ paragon guy has just done a 145 wiz live so i suggest another chantodo nerf…
ww/rend 133 - wiz chandodo 142 both after nerf? wtf? (with 10k p.)
(hota and ss still too weak btw…)
still waiting for some barb changes that actually change anything

3 Likes

Revert the Nerf_

5 Likes

I sincerly hope they revert this before it launches for s19.

6 Likes

I wonder where all the trolls went after they screamed “nerf the barb”!
They got what they wanted. What about us? 99% of the players who don’t want barbs nerfed.
Devs even said they listened and they’re going to buff barb. But are they really?

1 Like

REVERT NERF or at the very least change the % Lamentation gives to 150 or 125/100 the lowest. Boom everyones happy. YOU NEED TO FIND A MIDDLE GROUND BLIZZ. Stop catering to the haters all the time. You never stick to your word and in this case it OBVIOUS you didnt. You caved the 2nd you saw a bunch of haters up in arms bc for ONCE barb may contend and or surpass them…

3 Likes

Please Blizzard, DO NOT NERF LAMENTATION TO 0% MULTIPLIER!!! You have insane builds like chantodo’s multishot demon hunter, etc. That can still compete and have outclassed barb speed runs for the past 5+ seasons!! This rend buff gives barb the ability to catch back up and no longer play a 0dps role, i love barb it is my favorite and first class. The playstyle suits me perfectly, right in the middle doing damage taking damage but no obliterating everything in sight such as a WOL monk or multishot demon hunter, which i both play! The whirlwind barb pre-lamentation nerf will be put on the same level, and if nerfed only nerf it to 75-150% not all the way to 0!! So many people have been excited for these buffs to play barbarian again including myself, it’s one of the few things giving me hope for barbarians for the rest of diablo due to their inconsistent damage, and with builds such as raekor or hota raekor, the damage is so inconsistent and spread out when compared to chantodos, impale, necro, etc.! This rend buff gives barbs everything back and i would be extremely dissapointed to see a nerf from 200-0%

1 Like

We will most likely get a season preview blog for s19. Which should have the final patch notes. So we should know one way or another what’s happening.

(Not confirmed we’re getting the preview tomorrow it just fits the normal timeline.)