Barbarians Unite Pls. Nice People spotted :)

They are lurking at GD.

5 Likes

So we are going to add trolling to the mix as well I see?

Not sure what your problem is, but at least you are making it more than obvious and easy to track.

It is to the point of personal threats if you are going to keep spreading lies and trolling each of my posts.

Trying to find old ptr forums but not possible, but here and there one can find these:

Ppl may want to re-read for refreshers.

4 Likes

I felt that it was clearing around 4-5 GR rifts than it should at that time. My goal was for 4 equally performing class sets, not one that rules them all within the class.

This was stated numerous times.

In the end, I was wrong, I thought it could be pushed harder, but that was clearly not the case, as even now in live it is hitting 120-125 in seasons due to Captains.

But to follow someone around, creating a thread like this, spreading lies about their comments…that is not befitting of this community.

Folks who claim that nerfing Barb is about “balance” are full of it.

The game has never been, and will never be, balanced. One can work toward a better overall state of inter- and intra-class parity, yes, but those terms–balance and parity–also intersect with other things such as “fun” and “fairness.”

Is it fair that Barbs have been hot garbage for years? Was it fun for us to rely on gimmicks like wall-charging to clear over 130? Was it fun for us to work around broken sets (Rend) and rely on ludicrous amounts of fishing? Was it fair that our two strongest builds relied on gimmicks, and the third place builds are so density dependent as to literally bottleneck themselves into fishing for 2 maps and 2 types of mob combos? Was it fun or fair that one of those builds, WW, was among the toughest to gear and yet was still incredibly weak compared to other builds across most Paragon ranges?

When was the last time it felt fun or fair to be a Barb main?

All this talk about “balance” is plain stupidity. Various classes have had their time to shine and be a little (or a lot) better off than most other classes–all except Barbs. This is the first time we stand out in any significant way and folks want “tone it down,” or “balance it out,” or “nerf it just little.”

To that I say: no, no, and no.

I think I speak for the Barb community when I say that the power increases we got to Rend feel fair and fun if you love Barb. And if you don’t love Barb, you can play a different class and wait for your time in the sun (especially considering you already had it).

It’s fair that after years of literally begging for buffs Barbs finally–finally–feel powerful and fun. When it comes to a 7-year old game, the time to worry about “balance” has long since flown the coop.

Barbs deserve to feel powerful and fun, and even if we do end up OP, quite frankly, we deserve that too.

Folks who feel otherwise–who want to see better cross-class parity–should work to buff their favorite classes, not bring down Barbs.

I’m deeply, deeply disappointed by anyone who has suggested or advocated for nerfs based on 10k Paragon clears and ludicrous Seasonal advantages–or any nerfs, period.

30 Likes

I would recommend reading my post above yours, because you are being lied to by Prokahn atm.

He could not find my posts, I shared my stance with him, and even admitted it was wrong then and now.

But to follow someone around trolling them, spreading lies about what was actually said, that is not what we or this community are about.

If my goal is for ultimate balance within a class, so be it, that is my goal. You may not agree with it, you may not like it, but to flame someone and trail them around spreading lies, just disrespectful!

Even my current suggestions upon further analysis with WW is that it should stay the same, but if it was fine tuned, to at most lower the lamentation bonus to a flat % of 100, or maybe change triple rend damage to double rend damage in the set.

My personal goal again, is for ultimate balance within a class. I would love it if all things are considered equal, all 4 (soon to be 5) sets would clear within 2-3 GR’s of eachother. It is the last semblance of player choice we have left to fight for after the direction development took with sets. Aside from that, this game would be perfect if players could solo 140-145 with any set, and that the push for 146-150 solo was an extreme challenge players can fight for.

Prokahn has been nothing but a boon to the Barb community since he arrived. He isn’t lying about anything.

That would nerf us. I don’t see how you’ve failed to realize that.

Lower numbers = nerf.

In my PTR thread, I discussed a compromise if we were forced to accept a nerf–that some of the damage could be shifted to WW, but that would not be optimal; it would re-emphasize fishing and density dependency, and it would weaken low-Paragon players and re-tighten gear requirements.

Read my post carefully. My compromise was a last resort, not a desired change.

Then advocate for that. Advocate for larger buffs to HOTA, etc. Advocate for that very thing with other classes. That only makes more things more fun for more people.

Don’t advocate for nerfs to acquire this kind of BS “balance,” because that only takes away from people–it takes away their fun, their sense of empowerment, and, particularly for Barbs, the feeling that all our work to get buffs have finally paid off.

Don’t work to detract from what we, as a community, have accomplished, especially when you aren’t a beneficial contributor to this community.

10 Likes

What would be easier in the end? To buff three soon to be four sets to hit the 135-145 range along with WW, or to fine tune WW down to 125-135 which the other sets are already close to?

It would be easier to LEAVE IT ALONE AND BE QUIET.

For God’s sake, LET PEOPLE HAVE THEIR DANG FUN!

WHY ARE YOU THE FUN POLICE? BE QUIET. GO SIT AND BE QUIET. IT IS SHUSH TIME FOR YOU.

PEOPLE ARE HAVING FUN AND YOU ARE CRAPPING ON IT IN THE NAME OF “BALANCE.”

THERE IS LITERALLY NO REASON FOR YOU TO CARE. PEOPLE ARE FINALLY HAVING FUN AFTER YEARS OF THEIR FAVORITE CLASS BEING TRASH AND YOU ARE ACTING LIKE THE FUN POLICE: “HOLD UP THERE, CANT LET YOU HAVE ALL THAT FUN, GONNA NEED TO TAKE IT AWAY FROM YOU.”

JUST SHUSH AND GO SIT!

16 Likes

Nobody is trying to take the fun away, and no I am not going to go and be quiet, that is not the point of these forums.

I am not even advocating for a nerf. But you think that it is impossible for someone like Prokahn to spread ill will and misinformation, so rather than read my posts, you are going to just take his word.

That is your decision, and so be it, but never tell someone to be quiet and sit, especially in this country! That is the most disrespectful thing anyone can ever say!!! That is a slap to the face of me, my family, and everyone else who fought for your rights to have free speech, sit and play games, and live the lives we all live…

3 Likes

Thank you and your family of valiant fighters for your wonderful service but now please sit and SHUSH and stop playing FUN POLICE, WE GOT THIS.

11 Likes

well i remember your friend told you tgat rxt was plowing 125 (or 115 not sure which exact number you used) and to prevent nerf, he quit the rift. that is what you said in that ptr as i remember. I think many regulars of this forum remember. Plowing 125 is smt many remembers. I am everything but a liar.

This time around you did not ask for nerfs like in the past which is good. We have Micro taking the bar from you :slight_smile:

Anyway this is just a game. Please let barbs have their dps role after this many years. People are really tired of battling nerf feedbacks as barbs.

12 Likes

Is there any red button? Trolling table is really annoying.

Antkiller is also useful.

Yes, terro ant bait. Kill the queen.

3 Likes

As a DH only player I support barbs, probably because my first char I started playing D3 from day 1 was a barb. Have over 2000 hours on barb on my main account on both EU and NS, but stopped playing with it due to stash problems as I played with all classes not just one back than…

Now on my 2nd account I only play DH UE Multishot, but I wouldn’t mind:

spinning around
Move outta my way
I know you’re feeling me
'Cause you like it like this
I’m breaking it down
I’m not the same
I know you’re feeling me
'Cause you like it like this

…so let me have some fun with a class that I haven’t played in years for a change…

PS.

Spinning arround lyrics from Kylie Minogue song :blush:

4 Likes

Quite frankly, if next season doesn’t see some WhirlRend clearance videos set to this tune, I’m going to be sorely disappointed…

6 Likes

How about this one?

As already mentioned in another thread…

Beach Boys - Help Me Renda…

Behold. Hulk where are you?

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Do you no longer feel the same?