Barb Nerf = No S19

You can search Dan Gilbert on YouTube. He has a Ted Talk called Why We Make Bad Decisions.

Let’s pretend Blizzard has some buff scale from 1 to 10. 1 is neglible buff. 10 is buff it all the way and it might be beyond what we intended. They can go about buffing in two ways.

Scenario 1:
Let’s just buff it to 10 and if it’s too high for what we wanted, let’s nerf it to 9.

Scenario 2:
Let’s just buff it to 7. Yeah, there’s going to be complaints it’s not enough but we realize that. So we’ll just plan to tweak it to 8 something safe so we don’t make it OP.

Scenario 1 - you gave us something and now you’re taking it away. (WW barb)

Scenario 2 - you gave us crap and you made it a little better. Oh well at least is not as bad as it was. (new monk and crusader sets tweaks in 2nd PTR that’s rumored for Blizzcon)

Who said that? Pray tell.

I know that all the power comes from the buffs to items, but some players just can’t take it that Barbs got buffed and now may have a build that can clear the same GRs as Wizard did before PTR or 1-2 GR highier…

Some players just can’t imagine that any other than Wizard or Necromancer class can clear a 140-144 GR solo, so they do anything they can to prevent it, by saying the build is OP, outlier or stuff like that.

Where were these people when chantodo’s vyr’s was clearing 138-142 GR for the last 2 seasons?!

Have you seen any:

Archon Vyr’s Chantodo’s speed running GR150 Pls nerf

or

Nerf Archon build it’s OP

or

Nerf chantodo’s it’s breaking the balance

or

Necro cleared 140 GR, Pls nerf

threads before PTR went live?!

So don’t expect barbs to be calm and agree with any nerfs when they were the WORST DPS class for years

The PTR buffs if anything are still too low at least for Fjord Cutter and Remorseless

WW Rend build is just fine and doesn’t need to be changed nerfed in any way at all

2 Likes

I disagree, if you need 10K Paragon to do 10, it’s not OP.

My thoughts and feelings (Because that’s all that’s important right???) is that the buff doesn’t go far enough, and should be even higher.

3 Likes

By fine I meant it doesn’t need a nerf. I think it’s obvious that 10k paragon needed just to clear a 140 GR is way too high, but if I would mention that I could shake the hornets nest even more and would be flooded with replies like:

“So you want to make an OP build even more OP” or other BS like this…

1 Like

Shake it? I say kick it over…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

So don’t expect barbs to be calm and agree with any nerfs when they were the WORST DPS class for years

Yes, i want to read the argument of barb players with math (like they did in the barbarian buff idea), not the arguments of a guy that knows little about the game, only plays multishot ue dh and spam memes and non sense in the forums. (and just in case, i supported the barbarian buff topic)

WW Rend build is just fine and doesn’t need to be changed nerfed in any way at all

Where is the detailed math behind that argument?

OMG a rational thought in the forums!!! :scream::scream::scream:

10xxx paragon is NOT the vast majority. Using it to “balance” is just BS.

My poor Barb has been neglected for years as he was surpassed by every other class in performance potential…I can’t wait to dust him off again in 2.6.7 and may even roll one for maining in S19.

LEAVE BARBS ALONE

2 Likes

I used to play all classes on both EU and NA server, in fact I have over 300h on most classes and over 1k hours on wizard, over 500h on monk and 2000 1330 hours on barb on my main account…

I stopped playing with my main almost a year ago.

Now on my 2nd account I only play with UE DH Multishot, because I like this build.

Just because I play with a DH now doesn’t mean I don’t have any experience with other classes.

You may know a lot about the game, but that doesn’t change the fact that calling a build OP based on JUST ONE player with over 10500 paragon who cleared a 140 GR is ridiculous…

Even if WW Rend from PTR goes live than what’s the outrage if it clears 140-142 or even 144 GR solo.

If other class sets are lacking in damage and can’t reach the same GR level as WW Rend why not buff the supporting legendaries. It’s not like you have to buff 5 or 10 items just one or 2 supporting items per class would be fine…

Just because you’re obsessed with math doesn’t mean I’m wrong and for your information I play D3 from DAY 1, so stop with your know little about the game argument just because I prefer to play the game rather than do some calculations in D3planner.

If you like D3planner so much why don’t you make some calculations by yourself and tell us how strong the PTR WW Rend build really is…

1 Like

I like the part where all of the closet barbs suddenly feel the need to spring into action against some nerf. Why not give the barbs a chance for a whole season instead of some click-spamming wizard nubs?

Just because I play with a DH now doesn’t mean I don’t have any experience with other classes.

Not so long ago you were posting in forums that doing a GR 100 was super hard and you needed +1k paragon, saying a thing like that just is a proof that you know nothing about this game, because doing GR 100 has been easy since a lot of time ago.

You may know a lot about the game, but that doesn’t change the fact that calling a build OP based on JUST ONE player with over 10500 paragon who cleared a 140 GR is ridiculous…

Even if WW Rend from PTR goes live than what’s the outrage if it clears 140-142 or even 144 GR solo.

If other class sets are lacking in damage and can’t reach the same GR level as WW Rend why not buff the supporting legendaries. It’s not like you have to buff 5 or 10 items just one or 2 supporting items per class would be fine…

That is adding more powercreep for no reason. if somehow rends manage to clear 144 solo it makes the build totally broken, considering that is the strongest barb build for speedfarm too, which means things like hota, and slam will never be relevant, because these builds don’t move and do damage at the same time

I never said rend was OP or was in need of a nerf (post a proof of me saying that if you have one)

Just because you’re obsessed with math doesn’t mean I’m wrong
I’m not obessed about math, is just that game is balanced around math, and if you can’t defend your argument with math you clearly are wrong, because you are using an emotional argument.

and for your information I play D3 from DAY 1 , so stop with your know little about the game argument just because I prefer to play the game rather than do some calculations in D3planner.

I play this game since day 1 too, and i’m well aware that you know almost nothing about the game, not so long ago you were saying that GR 100 was hard lmao, some time after you were saying that doing 110 was like vanilla inferno :man_facepalming: , that only shows that you know very little about the game, because 110 is not hard to clear.
Doing basic d3 math with d3 planner or outside of d3 planner is something that takes no more than 5 mins if you have the right knowledge about the game (considering that at least you have a normal IQ and you have completed the high school)

You are only a guy that knows very little about the game, and now is just a fake barbarian supporter because you just want more powercreep non sense, because are obessed with pushing “highier” (lmao), thanks to powercreep.

And just stop being rude, you type things in caps and tend to say other forum users are “crying” which is fun because the entire forum watched how you cried when our community manager posted something about that some nerfs could happen, and you even said that you will not buy d4 if they nerf your build (ahahaha lmao).

If it could do 146, i really really doubt yhe second highest clear would be 138

2 Likes

How many of the top 40 era barbs combined in the America/EU/Asia region recorded a top 40 PTR clear? Excluding darkpatator, can you name 4 others? If very few of the top barbs test it, the top PTR clear will be low. The #3 barb in the America region was telling others on the forum not to push, because it would lead to a nerf.

Even with most of the “big names” not testing/pushing, there were 3X as many ptr non-season barbs who cleared 126 than ANY other class in the current non-season era in the America region excluding wizards that are being nerfed.

There are 4X the number of PTR barbs who cleared a 126 versus necromancers in the current live non-season era. Necromancers are also being nerfed.

Anyone that says “spin to win”. Doesn’t play ww. You can’t spin through wallers, jailers. If you get froze you’re stuck too. It’s not the easiewst to control either, Not to mention, it’s probably the squishiest barb spec. Don’t get hit while spinning to win. Almost forgot. Try dodging arcane beams while spinning. It takes some practice before you can pull that off.

1 Like

Well guess what not everyone is just as good as you are and the smartest D3 RoS player in the world that is always right and everyone who does not agree with you is always wrong…

Yeah I remember I said GR100 isn’t easy, because I used my own Multishot build not the most efficient one, cause I wanted to try something different, but you forgot about that. I switched to the most efficient after hitting a GR barrier though…

Some players might clear a 110-115 GR with 1000-1200 paragon and 90-100 augments + 90-100 level legendary gems some can’t clear a 108 GR with even better gear. That doeesn’t mean that they know nothing about the game.

Just because you can do it doesn’t mean EVERYONE ELSE can too. Everyone is different and you can’t judge everyone based on your calculations or your highiest GR clear or others who made it to the leaderboards… Some are better at the game some worse, but that doesn’t give you the right to treat them like noobs who doesn’t know anything about the game because they don’t spent ttime on doing math calculations or running just the most efficient builds in game.

It’s a game and everyone can play whatever build they like. Anyone may play with builds from leaderboards only or they can play with T16 builds only or experiment with different kind of builds maybe not even good enough for T16 yet fun for them…

Games are about having FUN not just boosting your self esteem by showing off others how great and smart you are and anyone with a different opinion knows nothing about the game and must be wrong, because you say so…

If you’re so smart than you would know by know that if it wasn’t for the constant “powercreep” everyone would happy to clear a GR 50 while all the elite players would be doing max 70-80 GR or calculate yourself what numbers…

Unlike you I prefer to play the game with whatever build I enjoy the most rather than spend time doing calculations in D3planner…

I have nothing about any players who use D3planner and even if I did some calculations too I wouldn’t insult anyone who doesn’t do it too or say he knows nothing about the game.

For someone who loves doing calculations so much you didn’t show any at all in your posts, just post random numbers like I do and even if you post any that doesn’t mean that those who aren’t into playing with D3planner like you do must be considered clueless without any knowledge of the game at all…

Do me a favour and stop trolling me, because it’s all you do since the Squirt’s thread.

You have your arguments I have mine, so stop lecturing me like you know everything best!

If you’re so smart than you would know by know that if it wasn’t for the constant “powercreep” everyone would happy to clear a GR 50 while all the elite players would be doing max 70-80 GR or calculate yourself what numbers…

And how that improved the game ?, all this masive powercreep only pushed the game to be super close to the GR cap which is a big problem because if they increase the GR cap we will end with number overflow problem.

Unlike you I prefer to play the game with whatever build I enjoy the most rather than spend time doing calculations in D3planner…

Spend under 5 min into do some basic math takes way to much time lmao.

I have nothing about any players who use D3planner and even if I did some calculations too I wouldn’t insult anyone who doesn’t do it too or say he knows nothing about the game.

I still don’t see how i have insulted someone, i just posted some maths lmao, stop creating drama.

For someone who loves doing calculations so much you didn’t show any at all in your posts, just post random numbers like I do and even if you post any that doesn’t mean that those who aren’t into playing with D3planner like you do must be considered clueless without any knowledge of the game at all…

I posted that the difference between 7k paragon and 10k paragon it’s about 24% damage difference, which you can do the math by yourself to see if i’m wrong and post it.

Do me a favour and stop trolling me, because it’s all you do since the Squirt’s thread.

No one is trolling you, forums are public, if you post a lie or a weak argument people will just attack the argument, i attacked your weak arguments, not your person.

You have your arguments I have mine, so stop lecturing me like you know everything best!

You keep spreading non sense in forums, and you get mad when people destroy your arguments with proof, because you don’t have any math or proof to defend your weak arguments.

In this topic people is talking if rend deserves a nerf or not, most people just want to read the arguments of both parts, sadly you come to balance threads and without any knowledge start spreading non sense, post memes and get mad and type with caps.

I actually did this using a similar methodology to the barb buff proposal in thie thread linked below. The truth is barbs were not the worst class for years as claimed. This has been independently confirmed.

Barbs deserve a buff, but this part of their argument appears invalid. The only counter argument that has been put forth is that barbs are not the weakest mathematically, but their “observed” strength is greater than it appears since top barb clears use wonky mechanics. Of course, this does not take into account gimmicky mechanics that are employed by other classes for their top clears.

Barbs deserve a buff, but this part of their argument appears invalid. The only counter argument that has been put forth is that barbs are not the weakest mathematically, but their “observed” strength is greater than it appears since top barb clears use wonky mechanics. Of course, this does not take into account gimmicky mechanics that are employed by other classes for their top clears.

It’s really interesting the charts and data you posted in that link, basically monks are the worst class atm and wizard is the strongest one by a wide margin.

The data in the tables are for America region. Here is the one that looked at the top 40 in the America/EU/Asia at that time. Barbs were slightly worse than monks. Wizards were/are OP.

That is why when I typically discuss buffs I try to make sure that I recognize that monks desperately need a buff to have better class balance in addition to barbs.

I have warm soup for you, buddy.