WW Rend OP, but S19 season theme OK?

People aks for a nerf to Barbs WW Rend build, yet fail to notice that angels from the 500 kill streak have no problem killing a 150 GR Guardian in seconds, yet Barbs are the problem, because they finally got a build that can compete against Wizards and Necros in clearing the highiest GRs possible?

Honestly what’s with the hate to Barbs. I haven’t seen so many threads (actually any at all) about asking for a Chantodo, Vyr’s nerf before barb buffs in PTR, yet now many “players” cry for nerfs cause suddenly barbs can be equal to Wizards after chantodo’s nerf?!

How about worry about fixing the angels from the season theme instead of asking to nerf a class that was ignored, neglected and forgotten for years and NEVER had a strong build that could compete with Wizards or Necros and was always far behind every other class DPS wise

Even if WW Rend becomes the strongest build in game no one is forcing you to play it if you don’t like it.

Chantodo’s Vyr’s was the strongest build for 2 seasons, but I didn’t like to play it, yet never asked to nerf it…

Popular links:

Barb Nerf = No S19
Is ww barb gon get nerfed?
List of Major Problems on PTR so far
Barbarians Unite Pls. Nice People spotted :slight_smile:

45 Likes

The game is clearly fu.ked up and broken in any case, ladders are a race of 150 GR, how retarded is that? Blizzard is too lazy/incompetent to raise the cap to 160 + , it`s unbelievable that in 2019 a video game company of such dimension is so blind/stupid to not realize and fix this ridiculous situation… absolutely shocking…

2 Likes

@Xtype: Please inform yourself before making such claims.
If you’d inform yourself via a search engine about this Topic, you’d noticed
that this topic has been discussed and answered multiple times already.
With the health of monsters increasing by 17% in every GR, at around GR 157
the health numbers of Monsters would become so huge, that a number Overflow
would occur, turning Health either to negative Numbers or back to Zero.

For reference search for 64-bit numbers in programming, like:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9,223,372,036,854,775,807

Whirlrend doesn’t need to be nerfed, but they do need to fix the huge bug with Rend’s “Bloodbath” rune which allows Rend to stack 4 times. Interestingly enough, nobody thought this was worth mentioning in the PTR Bug Report even though nobody used any other Rend rune.

The Chants Nerf is looking to be about a 4GR nerf from reports I’ve seen which would bring it inline with all of the classes save monk and barb who are about 5 GRs behind. 137-139 compared to 132s.

It may be less. The chantodo nerf is 3.5 greater rifts but the bug fix to squirts means the functional grift difference for wizardslikely will be 2 or so GR.

1 Like

If every class can solo GR 140 effortlessly more people can make 4 man GR 150 speed runs and then it’s finally a balanced competition to see who can clear the highest rift (150) the fastest (sub 2 minutes)

bring it on, hitting for quadrillions makes me feel smart

1 Like

As far as Season theme is concerned - Season of Slaughter is ok by me!

1 Like

Maybe because it isnt a bug and the rune is supposed to work that way…

1 Like

easily fixed via a stat squish. just like they did in WoW.

NEWs.

I heard wiz did 146 today. While somebody still insist an argument which has nothing to do with his own class. How can barb fill the 6 level gap?

Remember: Balance is not an excuse for jealous.

We barb hope every class is strong.

7 Likes

The Barb does not need a nerf, and to be quite frank, neither does the seasonal theme.

This game has another 1 to 1.5 years left, why not open up the floodgates and make the ladder about clearing that 150 solo?

6 Likes

So it’s OK for 500+ kill streak bonus to oneshot GR150 guardian?

I’d say that’s pretty broken mechanic.

Why isn’t it okay?

Why are people afraid of clearing GR150?

I think it is fun, it is different, it is just what this game needs while we wait for the next iteration.

At least, that is my opinion.

1 Like

Why is it necessary to implement more power creep? More importantly it is also completely unnecessary power creep.

1 Like

Wow. “Pliz nerf Blizzard. New season theme is OP” threads inbound. Hah… Oh wait… There’s already one at the front page right now and game producer answered it. Great.

To be precise, 160 isn’t high enough of a cap. Nor is 170. For Blizz to really raise the ceiling again, they would need to raise the cap to nearly 210.

I LOVE the theme. It rewards players who know how to play and to take advantage of gameplay mechanics. Kill 15 trash mobs, collect as many elites as you can, and BAM! Tornados do your work for you. If the map permits, keep going, get bigger and better streaks, or just shoot for the plain damage/speed boost.

I did a 119 with no augs on a crusader (sorry, not the new set lol) and if they had kept the PTR up for the whole day, I think I could have gone higher.

I don’t think rend is OP’ed either. It is just tailored to be able to take advantage of the season…

ps - Not lagging while playing wastes is pretty awesome!

Why is it necessary to not clear the plateau of content in the game?

The biggest fault D3 has had since GR’s were introduced is that there was never an end, there was never a summit. You never felt like you completed something because quite frankly, you never did.

Blizz should not raise the cap, they should raise the power of builds to all clear around 140-145 solo, with some exceptional players accomplishing that 150 solo clear. It is a good thing for a game to have an actual end game, not an rng +5 main state power creep splurge that we play now.

Anyone who says power creep is bad fails to see that power creep rules the game right now in the form of paragon, which only players who play 500+ hours attain a level that is worthwhile!

D2 and PoE are great because there is a goal already laid out by the game, a clear cut plateau of challenge. GR150 is much in the same, and I feel that it should be beat solo

2 Likes