"We heard the War Cry from our dedicated Barbarian community!"

No you didnt. You only heard the whining of the trolls and nerfed barb back to oblivion. Thx for nothing!!!

42 Likes

Please tell me what did I miss? I hope they’re not nerfing anything Barbarian related for Season 19! I was so looking forward to enjoying the whirlwind Barb and having a lot of fun during the upcoming season.

Every time Diabo 3 is close to hooking me back full time something disappointing happens and I end up playing the season just enough to finish my objectives and claim my rewards, and then I go back to Heroes of the Storm and Diablo 2.

And I must say Diablo 4 looks interesting and fun, but we’ll see when it launches. I just want to enjoy Diablo 3 and make it fun for everyone. The whirlwind Barb is so iconic. Why can’t Blizzard just give it the love and respect it deserves? It should be a powerful build! It’s already been underwhelming on Diablo 3 for too many years. If they don’t save it now it will never reach its full potential.

I want to fall in love with Diablo 3 again, especially since we didn’t get a Diablo 2 Remastered announcement at BlizzCon 2019. That would’ve been so epic! Anyways, I’ll see you in Season 19! Until it begins I’ll be in the Nexus or on Diablo 2 old school US East.

2 Likes

They removed the 200% damage buff to Rend from Lamentation belt, for starters. Better off to check the Barb subforum, they’ll be talking about it for weeks.

They nerfed ww-rend into oblivion thx to trolls and haters. The dmg buff from the belt is gone.

9 Likes

Oh no! That’s horrible news for me to take in. I just found out about it after you posted. I was busy following the Diablo 4 hype train and playing Heroes of the Storm most of the day.

Sigh, this is a huge letdown for me. I may not play much of Season 19 then. I’ll probably just make a Demon Hunter to finish my objectives super fast and then back to HotS and Diablo 2.

Had the Barbarian whirlwind power stayed the way it was on PTR, I’d have played all of Season 19 every single day. I guess the Devs really want to kill DIablo 3 so they can focus on Diablo 4. Problem is D4 won’t be out for a while so why would they want to alienate the barbarian fan base this soon?

Heck, I just played the whirlwind Barb on Heroes of the Storm. At least my amazing Sonya is still fun on there even if she should be more powerful in the Nexus. In Sanctuary she should be the biggest and baddest Nephalem in the game!

10 Likes

Yeahh i was also hyped for s19 because of the buffs we would finally get. But seems like blizz hates the barb community to the guts.

9 Likes

It was the first time in a long time I had fun playing Barb, as a Wiz main, and was looking forward to maining a seasonal Barb for once. At this stage I’m pretty much burnt out and I can barely finish a single grift before the overwhelming urge to close the game takes over.

Thought I was gonna get one last season in before I indefinitely hung up my suit, but looks like that time has just come. I’ll probably play Immortal on emulator for a while…whenever that comes out.

2 Likes

Yeahh, thx to blizz and they their love for trolls. I mean seariously. The barb community had tons of feedback, and for the first time it look like blizz has finally come to it senses but then went “Ahh f*** this sh**, the only feedback that counts are the ones from the non-barb players and trolls!”

2 Likes

The good news is I watching Bluddshed’s Diablo 4 gameplay footage (VOD replay on Twitch) and Sonya the female Barbarian looks really awesome to play! She looks powerful and beautiful in that dark setting world. And that’s only her low level skills. Her whirlwind must be so fantastic to use. I can’t wait to play her when Diablo 4 comes out.

In the mean time I’ll play her a lot on Heroes of the Storm and also on Diablo 3 (I still love Sonya!), but I’m so disappointed with the taking away of 200 % damage from a belt. Couldn’t they have just nerfed it a little to like 150 % or even 100 %? Where’s the compromise? If it had been 100 % damage with two stacks of rend then everybody wins! But instead somebody made a very poor decision.

2 Likes

Pssst be careful, when it comes to barbs and having fun, blizz can strike any moment and destroy any ambitions you had.

Seriously, i was so hyped for d4 yesterday, just to wake up and see that blizz destroyed all the hype with this dumb decision.

3 Likes

I’ll still play barb. Sucks though.

1 Like

They nerfed Barbs by removing the promissed in PTR 150-200% buff to lamentation based on a player who cleared a 140 GR with:

over 10,000 paragon, 150 augments and 140+ ranks legendary gems

That’s how they listened to the Barbs War Cry and that’s what they think about all the effort put into convincing devs that barbs have been neglected for years, but yeah barbs got some minor buffs, so they shouldn’t whine right? :roll_eyes:

Who carres if they won’t even clear a 135-140 GR solo now with any build at all…

18 Likes

How do you know that the developers based their decision on a single clear. They have all types of data that they used. You could look comprehensively on the leaderboard to see the power.

3 Likes

The build was ludicrous. A WW that doesnt care about attack speed, area damage, or procs. 1 second rend? Come on!

Thr buffs to SS and HotA are super exciting, and WW will likely still be the best speed build in the game.

1 Like

Oh look, it’s micro 2 and micro 3.

A build that doesn’t need a bunch of crazy rolls on it… you mean like Chantodo???

8 Likes

I hate both Chantodo and macro Bazooka. Legit Bazooka is all good in my book.

1 Like

Than explain why chanto manage to do 144 with 6k para @ live and yet was just slighty nerfed (3 Gr) @ ptr if the devs really looked into leaderboards , while the barb was nerfed 7-9 gr? No this decision was made to please the trolls.

5 Likes

According to leaderboard clears, including the 140 outlier, it was still performing under nerfed Chantodo’s potential. Which is to say, in line with other classes, except Monks, top contenders.

In what way? elaborate on your ignorant statement.

4 Likes

OP: “We hear the War Cry from our dedicated barbarian community!”
DEVS: Yet we can’t have Barbs as a new Damage dealing class in META or even clear a GR 140 with no matter how OP the players gear was, so we decided to remove the promissed buff to lamentation in order of keeping the current balance which is keeping barbs as zDPS META classes only and being the worst class in game once again.

Once again thank you for all your feedback

Pretty much it…

8 Likes