@ Nevalistis in regards to barb proposal

I don’t think I’ve ever seen, on any game, the quality and caliber of feedback that was provided through the barb proposal. Between the Barb proposal and what we received in the patch notes, where is the problem?

If this is your job, which you claim it is, there needs to be some accountability.
You said you’re communicating to development nearly every day, yet we haven’t seen any post clearly stating why the proposal was so blatantly ignored and time was wasted on meaningless items that have been proven to do nothing for barbs.

I understand there is a lot to go through on the forums, but you’re the only blizzard employee I see that posts on the forums and is making claims about transparency and direct communication to developers.

There should be more blue posts from other employees, but there aren’t, which means it falls onto you. It isn’t fair, but that’s what happening.

The consumers are doing what we should be doing, according to what you said. Free himself has gone above and beyond, and still continues to do so.

A measured response has been created on our end. Now it’s your turn.

18 Likes

Agree.

5 years with zero feedback from an actual developer is beyond incredible and unprofessional.

I understand things taking time. But this is 5 years we’re talking about.

Entire games are developed and produced by other companies in this time frame.

What’s going on at Blizz?

Should people start making calls themselves? Because that is literally what it’s going to come down to as that other guy posted.

How long do we need to wait for CMs? 10 years? 20 years? 30? When the servers get shut down?

9 Likes

I know they don’t talk much, but 5 years is seriously a huge exaggeration and very untrue.

They have posted on the PTR forums over that time, done News Blog articles, done media interviews, and done Q&A’s.

It is NOT the kind of frequency most people want, so that is true, but exaggerating does not help things.

Blizzard does not take phone calls for game dev suggestions or feedback. They don’t even take them for CS/Tech and have not for years. They do tickets, Live Chat, and Phone Callback (only for tech or account access issues). If you start trying to go around the system to find an active number and yell at some secretary about game dev issues, they will consider it harassment and there can be consequences. Don’t do it.

As you were told, the forums are the ONLY way to send feedback to the Devs.

5 Likes

Come on guys, how many changes do you expect?

The game has a skeleton crew at this point.

Be realistic?

6 Likes

MissCheetah when was the last time a D3 game developer addressed this community?

When was the last time the Barb class recieved serious class-specific attention?

5 years is no exageration if I’m going by Free’s patch list. Or atleast, we’re coming up on 5 years now in 2020.

You strike me as another person clueless about the actual state of this game, someone more concerned with shielding Blizzard from legitimate criticism than addressing real player concerns.

6 Likes

Obviously, I share this sentiment. But I need to be clear: Nev is not accountable here.

She is not a developer. She is a Community Manager, and while she can pass feedback on to devs, she can’t force them to pay attention, or to do what we are asking. We aren’t even sure how much her feedback is taken into account, and there are likely many aspects of this process that she (and other Blizzard staff) are forbidden from discussing publicly.

What I’m saying is that Nev is 100% aware of the situation. So are the devs. The only question is whether or not they–the devs–will opt to do anything about it.

Now, I can only speculate about this, because like you, I don’t have magical insider info, but I think Barbs are going to get an update or buff. It’s clearly not happening this patch, and I maintain that’s ridiculous considering our List 1 requests are simply numbers increases. Maybe next patch? Or the patch after that? I don’t know. Again, this is speculation, but I can’t imagine not getting them after this kind of backlash.

I just don’t want to see Nev in the crosshair. She’s been much more active on the forums lately, and she has done her best to communicate directly to us. That’s great and I want to keep that line of communication open.

Barbs deserve buffs. I’ll keep advocating until we get them. All of you should do the same. But don’t put heat on Nev when she doesn’t get to decide whether we get them or not.

17 Likes

It’s comical that things like Barbarian adjustments must be measured in the time frame of years.

Years.

Think about that seriously for a second. This is not a small indie company with no resources.

4 Likes

I am just going to assume you have no idea what my views on things are or what my posting history over the years has been. One can be both critical, and not resort to exaggeration (or lies), to make a point.

6 Likes

I expected them to actually read the barb proposal because in doing so, they could have made changes much faster and easier with an actual impact. As I stated above, the new barb items were 100% a waste of time and they could have balanced the class in the same time frame as it took to make one of those items.

All they need to do is listen, which is why I made the post.
If it’s Nevalistis’s job to get them the information and seeing what happened in the patch makes me think the right developers did not get the right information…
I’ll let you draw your own conclusions from that.

2 Likes

How about you go read Free’s response thread and go down the years of patches without attention to Barbs? Years is no exageration.

Does 4 years sound better for your sensibilities? Okay, 4 years without dev response or meaningful action. Is that any better? Coming up on 5 years in 2020.

You’re a shill clearly not concerned with player feedback or the state of this game.

2 Likes

They got the right info. They got the exact threads and all the Barb discussion. All of it. Nev can pile it on them until they fall over, but that does not mean the Devs can, or will, opt to act on it. Your assumption that Nev did not pass it on, and does not continue to do so, is just wrong. Free has it right.

3 Likes

I’m not saying that Nev is accountable or not. I am saying that SOMEONE needs to take accountability. If Nev comes in and says, “listen guys, I put the proposal right in front of their faces, they just don’t care and aren’t listening” so be it. I can accept that, with some frustration of course, but it’s an answer nonetheless.

5 Likes

So they just dont care about this game, because before buff proposal, there is an analysis of the current state of the class witch is awful.

It can be the Blizzard position, but if it so, declare it. D3 is a dead game, we dont care of it. End of story. What’s the point of seasonal stuff if u dont take the minimal time to roughtly balance the game ?

3 Likes

Please tell me which developer saw the proposal? You can’t… You’re making an assumption.
I’m drawing conclusions from facts. See the difference.

5 Likes

Free,
As a barb, would you be willing to trade a huge nerf to mob rule in exchange for being a DPS that can solo greater rift 136?

4 Likes

You have know idea what you are talking about. MissC has been very outspoken about Blizzard and some of the very bad PR moves that they have made. So get off of your high horse already. :-1:

2 Likes

This patch was not about classes. It was about the LoD gem, crafted set interactions with 6 piece sets, and a few zany class neutral uniques.

THIS IS NOT THE BARBARIAN PATCH! Please stop repeatedly shoving the Proposal down everyone’s throat like a Jehovah’s Witness with a Bible. It is bordering on autism now. Please stop. They did a nice job with this patch.

You have no facts. You have an assumption that because you did not get what you want yet, that the Devs did not read the great proposal threads. See the difference?

I have actually been there, talked to them, seen the feedback process. I know how it works. You need to accept that the Devs don’t always agree with the players as to game direction. They also don’t always have the budget or resources to implement things in the time frame players want. Nev has tried to explain that over and over.

I don’t blame you at all for not being happy with the state of barbs, but don’t blame it on Nev or accuse her of not passing on feedback.

5 Likes

I think that’s a good point. We all know that D3 was transferred to Classic Games crew, and I can’t imagine that team is very large. Whatever they do, they probably wind up patch cycles well in advance.

If they operate like many other tech companies, patches and updates need to be in the pipe months in advance. The items and ideas for 2.6.6 were probably in the works far before our proposal went live.

On the flip side, this is also true. Even if the CG team is small, seeing this community outcry, this level of passionate organization, why can’t they find a way to get us in ahead of time?

It really is ridiculous that of all the classes we have been the most neglected since always.

And the real problem here, folks, is that you have a class community that feels unheard. We feel that no matter how many times we ask, or how reasonably we request something, our words and pleas fall on deaf ears. Because, aside from the lush Yang years, that’s exactly how it’s been for us. We’ve been ignored.

Patches and patches after patches with volumes of feedback and ideas, and not a bit of it has come to pass.

At this point, I’m no longer worried that we won’t get buffs.

I’m worried that they will give us stuff we never asked for.

I’m worried we’ll get Saffron Wrap 2.0. I’m worried 2.6.7 will roll around and they’ll put a goofy affix on Skorn that only improves a single T16 build, and that somehow they’ll feel that they’ve done what needed to be done. I’m worried they’ll try to get cute when all we really want is the stuff that’s in the proposal.

I wish I could sit down with a developer, have some coffee, and say, “Look, I respect your position in all this, but we’ve been ignored for years, and if you want to do right by us, just read the dang proposal and give us List 2.”

So, what can we do?

Well, we can continue to make threads like my 2.6.6 response. We can continue to provide criticism and feedback here on the forums. We can also take stances in game. When Season 18 drops, don’t play it. Then come on the forums and explain why.

Don’t buy Blizzcon tickets. Don’t buy Blizzard merchandise or games. Speak with your wallet and your keyboard.

1 Like

I know precisely what I’m talking about.

MissC was vocal against Blizzard during the Diablo Immortal disaster because public opinion there was way too lopsided for her to back corporate sentiment or even think about defending Diablo Immortal.

That’s an easy one. Class issues, not so much. I’d be surprised if she still plays this game at all or even understands the problems with the game / Barb class.

2 Likes