There are a GAZZILION of Bugs Plaguing Doomfist

:man_facepalming:

Amazing game design

HUGE misplay on my part:

https://gfycat.com/PessimisticColorlessHusky
1 Like

I’ll leave this here, maybe it will be of any interest to the devs.

I just found this on a stream about 4 minutes ago. Wall interactions are super bugged. /clips.twitch.tv/VastSmallJaguarDAESuppy

1 Like

Some more bugs I’ve picked out of my highlights:
Ana jumps over this /youtube.com/watch?v=we4lS57IVq4
though with it being that small it lets you do some very precise dashes past enemies. /youtube.com/watch?v=cRa4wT9hqSs
An old bug, but I feel like its almost relavant again /youtube.com/watch?v=tQQFtCcxXWs
Given how this wall slide happens. /youtube.com/watch?v=0WA7p6zUDiE

1 Like

Apparently they just fixed bug #30

i was playing doomfist yesterday and his left click animation wasn’t working i was playing defense on kings row in random heroes

Despite last patch notes, Doomfist can still miss punches on enemies that are too close. (this was recorded today aka after Brigitte patch):

https://gfycat.com/CrazyShowyHapuku?speed=0.5
3 Likes

Hi all,

We’re trying to be more transparent about which interactions are or aren’t bugs, alongside which ones are currently higher priorities to fix. To elaborate…

Bugs 2, 6, 11, 21, 24, 30, 31, 32: Fixes now Live.

Bugs 14, 16: Fix coming next patch, this is currently being tested on the PTR.

Bugs 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 17, 20, 23, 27, 28, 29: Indeed, these are bugs and are currently on the list to fix.

Developer comments:

Bug 1: This is not a bug. Zarya’s Particle Barrier is different than other heroes shields, in that it absorbs all damage dealt to her. It’s the same reason a Hanzo Dragonstrike won’t deal damage to Zarya when the Particle Barrier is active.

Bug 19: This is a bug that also affects Reinhardt’s ultimate (Earthshatter) and is a high priority to fix.

Bugs 3/4/5: This is not specific to Doomfist, but Orisa and DVA aren’t intended to have reduced knockbacks from abilities. This is currently on our list to fix.

Bug 18: Junkrat is only meant to be immune to knockbacks when placing the tire, not when he’s driving it around. This fix is currently on the PTR.

Bug 10: This is not specific to Doomfist, but this is intended. D.Va isn’t able to be knocked back during the call mech animation.

Bug 25: There are still isolated cases where characters are sliding when they should be pinned. This is on our list to fix. To clarify the intentions of the ability, I’ll call out some of the linked examples:

• 25.6 , 25.14, 25.17 are bugs. For the rest of the scenarios, like where an enemy is impacted into a wall (at a shallower angle of 45 degrees) and they don’t pin, that is working as intended. A lot of linked clips look to be generally right on the line of 45 degrees. Players will also slide up and over shorter obstacles. This is the same 45 degree check and therefore won’t pin for the same reasons.

Bug 26: These examples are generally working as intended with Doomfist’s current Rocket Punch hit box. Next patch will have a slightly larger horizontal hit box which should mitigate most of the ones that seem unintuitive. This is currently being test on the PTR.

We hope this provides insight and clarity on these concerns surrounding Doomfist.

Thank you.

118 Likes

Thank you so much for clarifying the situation, it means so much, especially for doomfist players!

15 Likes

number 26 feels great in the PTR

5 Likes

The transparency is much appreciated! I appreciate the work you guys do a lot, thanks for making such a great game for all of us!

5 Likes

Yeah, that change feels absolutely fantastic.

1 Like

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This sort of transparency is absolutely amazing. Huge thanks!!!

3 Likes

Next patch will have a slightly larger horizontal hit box which should mitigate most of the ones that seem unintuitive. This is currently being test on the PT

Could we perhaps get changes like this in patch notes more often? The first time the rocket punch hitbox was changed (made smaller), it was never listed in patch notes, and this buff to the hitbox wasn’t listed in the patch notes for this PTR either.

EDIT: I see that this was edited into the PTR notes later on, good call:

Fixed a bug that prevented Doomfist’s Rocket Punch from impacting enemies because the hitbox size was slightly too small

2 Likes

What’s up unbreakable, I see you are keeping up on your doomfist knowledge

And lets not forget the fact that Brigitte’s shield negates 100% of Meteor strike. I have tested with my brother and just having shield up stops ALL damage from epicenter contact.

But Dva can be slept while using call mech.

I can hear Doomfist mains crying tears of joy. I’m here for you Doomfist mains don’t worry I have tissues ready! I also look forward to trying him again I think the reason I had so much trouble getting the hang of him is because of some of these bugs :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Can you fix Sombra’s bugs while you’re at it? Sombra has been out way longer than doomfist