Tanks need weight

I would argue that there are too many boops in the game period. I played against a comp so cancerous a few weeks ago I seriously considered never playing again. It was Doomfist, Hammond, Pharah, Lucio, Winston, and like… Mercy or something. The entire game was like living inside a bouncy house and after the game (which we won) I just stared at my screen for several minutes thinking, “is this really what I want to do for fun?”.

7 Likes

Missing out on having a Junkrat in there.

2 Likes

I’m bummed that the D.Va/Orisa knockback resistance is being claimed to be a bug. It makes sense that they have less knockback because they have less time to react and move to things.

3 Likes

Funny thing is, I thought they fixed it on the PTR once when they were messing with air control.

True i bet Rein Orisa Hammond and D.va weight at least about 1000lb if not more, Winston and hog probably much lighter but still, Zarya though is a different talk.

1 Like

This is a bug. They aren’t meant to have reduced knockbacks.

2 Likes

It’s just sad to me because it makes sense; they could have passed it off as a feature and it doesn’t make either of them too strong. Anyone know if they fixed that bug where sym turrets slow stacks weirdly to Rein, Brig, Orisa, and D.Va so they’re slowed to a crawl (like, crawl as in basically not moving) yet?

3 Likes

Because it wasnt a bug. It was a healing ability and anti stops that. Bliz only claimed it was a bug even though cryo never had some sort of cleanse.

You’re talking about this, right?

I just tested this one PTR and they are still slowed down to not being able to move at all.

But is this a bug thoug? The slow of their abilities/barriers is being stacked with the slow of Mei’s freeze or Symmetra’s turret.

The funny thing is that players thought it was a buff even though it was a known bug for over a year.

Also, Mei’s Cryo-Freeze did cleanse debuffs, just like other invulnerability abilities in the game. It could remove Widowmaker’s poison. But unlike the other invulnerability abilities in the game was Mei’s Cryo-Freeze the only invulnerability ability that couldn’t remove anti-heal.

I feel like rein should get knockback resistance while he has his shield up (not stun resistance though). And maybe Orisa’s fortify cooldown could be a second or 2 faster.

1 Like

Ugh, it’s so gross

I don’t know, I think it should be fixed. It feels awful and is very, very jarring. If i go past a choke as rein with my team and sym turrets are on the other side, my team will just… Pass me. Lol. I shouldn’t have to lower my barrier just for that; it feels crappy

Don’t forget hog being thrown around like a balloon when luring, but fairly immobile when normal.

I think Hog overall is the best example. He’s really heavy overall comparatively, all the tanks need to have his overall resistance and end this “grounded when firing” D.Va and Orisa and feather-like Rein.

D.Va and Orisa are way too overpowered and Rein is underpowered. (Weight only)

1 Like

Most picked hero in game. Clearly underpowered, right?

I wish people had thought that way about Mercy, when her pick rate and her win rate were both lower than Reinhardt’s stats are right now.

The knockback resistance isn’t that steep. Like… Why don’t we just give it to the other tanks lmao.

D.Va and Orisa being called overpowered in my2018 y’all

1 Like

Specifically related to weight, nothing else. Just referring to their resistance against physical CC.

To which, yes, he’s basically tossed around like a soap bubble.

1 Like

But for Orisa and D.Va it is, this is absolutely testable too.

When firing, their resistance is buffed to crap man. We’re talking being shifted a fraction of a meter here. As opposed to Rein or ulting Hog which are tossed around like a leaf in the wind.

Rein suffers from this… sometimes I get more height from a junk mine than I do on junk with 2. Hog does as well.

Also keep in mind jumping increases knock back effect which is something tanks do more than dps and suppot. Jumping makes you an easy target but isn’t that important for tanks because of big hit boxes and wanting to keep focus off teammates.

“Cancerous”? They made a comp, which lost to you, that synergizes well and it’s “cancerous”?

Who would win,

a 550 pound fat man

a boop

He’s decent normally, but he turns into a balloon when he’s ulting.