Doomfist Community Patch (Discontinued)

I agree with the ult speed and possibly the range. I believe it should travel faster and come down faster as well as doomfist in general not floating so easily with his abilities. Do you know how often I’ve been stuck mid air from a hack or flashbang but not able to run or use a different ability cause i’m still mid air? that mess is crazy

1 Like

seismic slam>uppercut>rocket punch is the natural order of the perfect combo, switch seismic slam to 4 sec CD and rocket punch to 7 sec. So that seismic slam is ready first

I’m going to assume that this isn’t a bundle patch and only a handful of these would be put together, as if all of the changes happened then it make for the most over powered hero that’s ever existed in ow.

This alone is way to much. If that was the only thing to happen to doomfist it make him ridiculous op and unfun to play against

No, all of these were meant to be bundled… and I’m seeing how some of it may have been a bit too much now–So I’ve cut down on things and reworked other things to balance it all properly.

You can see how giving dva slight tweaks put her from her worst state ever (after dm bot nerf) to one of the best heroes in the game and the pro scene. That change was only adding missiles and shooting while flying. Even then they also nerfed her dm hard. That was a tiny change compared to this proposed one. Keep that in mind.

2 Likes

Alright, have a reread if you feel up to it. I’ve gone through all of it and it should be much less… over the top I guess?

Oh and, video proof is out the window, one of the devs confirmed it.

4 Likes

I disagree. I have about just over 80 hours with him. He is not good. he is counter by way to many. he needs some help. All of the things Ive mentioned would improve survivability and I’m only requesting 1 of those not all.

as far as your focus on the ability I suggested with the shield charges go I disagree. his issue is survivability. the man is giant and needs some health. consider if he had an ability like that (or maybe one that lowered his other cooldowns) but its on a long cooldown preventing it being overused and requires he be stationary and vulnerable. these are logistics that can be worked out.

I think your only looking at the end effect and not considering that ability could be balanced in. hell we have rez right? that’s on a 30 second cooldown and leaves mercy vulnerable. The goal is so that the enemy team sees DF and says “oh man there’s a Doomfist focus him!” instead of “lol look they have a dumbfist”

also even if I agreed that that ability would make him OP i offered several other ideas. I have no issue landing RPs but consider his other abilities,

RU only does 50…barely over a single melee and leaves you in a predicted path falling and its on an 8 second cool down

SS can do up to 125 but usually only does 60. even at 125. Id argue youd be better playing junk. hell you could dish out that damage 2 times with less than half the effort!
125 isn’t enough to match a single shot from reaper who can do 140 NOT EVEN TAKING HEADSHOTS INTO ACCOUNT. And all that is under the premise that we are assuming SS is at its max and really its going to only be 60 most of the time. and his ULT? its laughable weaks damage for any DPS, Easily blocked or avoided, small radius and slow.

He needs a buff to his survivability

5 Likes

Also maybe its just me but doomfist doesn’t seem that buggy. Ive seen some bugs but very few. As far as RP goes I honestly do not have any issue landing Rocket punch. I have zero issues with it. but I have seen abysmally buggy gamplay footage of it on PC. It seems like its working on the xbox though.

Doomfist don’t need buffs to hand cannon or RP. Doomfist need buffs to survivability

I just want a different ultimate. His ultimate doesn’t feel good to use, it very rarely kills anyone, and more often than not, the min he lands he dies to CC because he can’t react for 1 second after the ability is done. I want some kind of single target beatdown, or if you want to keep meteor strike make landing in the circle cause the ground to quake and either slow, pop up or disable targets in that circle. Because right now i use it mainly to escape.

2 Likes

He has had a ton of bug fixes the last few patches. His inherent issues still exist, but you’re less likely to get screwed over by a bug/random chance on live than you were a couple months ago, as an example.

1 Like

You aren’t taking into consideration the fact that he is able to hit multiple people with these abilities–and that when strung together can quickly shred someone’s health, as is intended. Read my list again as I’ve since altered it to points of just improving consistency and generally making him more approachable and usable. He will not be taken away from this all or nothing state, as if he’s put into a position where its all or half? He won’t be fair to play against. Besides, the only things on my list that reflect what you stated were the blocking ability–my version of which is finally at a balanced state that I can consider fair when paired with the rest of his kit, and reducing cooldowns of Seismic Slam and Uppercut to fix his downtime issues.

Meteor strike is the safest damaging ultimate in the game. It also has the potential to be one of the most devastating for the enemy’s dps or supports given the correct circumstance. Most heroes that you should be targeting with it are incapable of escaping it without help given you position it correctly and at the right time (too little time spent in the ult means that of course they won’t take good damage once they walk out of the center aoe), times where you failed to do so they live.

Also, saying you have over 80 hours on him to try and say you have some sort of leverage? 290 hours roughly here. I still disagree with you.

Also? He is very very buggy. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/there-are-a-gazzilion-of-bugs-plaguing-doomfist/385/74

Ya no, Doomfist’s ultimate is absolutely terrible and it’s a physical attack one shot that should do some damage through shields. All of these fixes and improvements are warranted.

1 Like

I know hes buggy. Like I said I’ve seen footage. On xbox though it doesn’t seem as bad as the footage Ive witnessed on PC. I suppose i agree that Meteor strike is safe. safest in game not sure Id agree with that but not important.

But heres the thing if were playing a serious game in comp there isn’t a reasons to play Doomfist and that’s my concern. This isn’t to say that you or I or anyone cant preform well just that for what the kit brings to the table youd really be better of playing a different DPS. I play DF because hes fun but really Genji or tracer would serve the same role for the team. I could put in half with them and and do just as good and with less hard counters.

Strictly speaking about his ULT. yea its safe I’ll give you that but it also isn’t because when you land your stationary for a short time, your giant, and the enemy already know before hand where you will land. DFs ult is so weak. For an individual or a team many other DPS ults would be better. DF ult is one of the worst in the game with a low damage potential, small radius compared to other radius of ults that have radius effects, its slow, and lets the enemy see beforehand where it will come.

Yes he can hit multiple targets at once. he does revolve around burst damage.
I believe he either needs higher burst or better sustainability. before you say I’m crazy about the burst lets just look at the numbers ok?

125 from SS (assuming you approached with SS and got damaged max)
250 from RP (assuming you hit wall)
50 from RU
hand cannon maxes at 66 damage per shot ignoring armor. lets say for this example you get 6 shots off. (because DF is all about putting those shots in and you could get more than 4.

again this is assuming
you ignore armor
you landed every single shell of HC and got 2 extra shots off
You landed RP into a wall
and that you approached with SS at max damage from a high point.
for math purposes assuming all of this is generous

that totals at 823 damage. out of that yes RU and SS can hit multiple targets so the damage for multiple Targets is 110-175.

But compare him to reaper or Junkrat. I chose those two because they also thrive up close. reaper can dish out a consistent 1,120 consistently before a 1 second reload. or junk has splash damage so he can also dish out damage for more than 1 target at a time. Junks 2 mins and 5 grenades before a reload can max out damage at 840.

Both of these characters dish out higher damage and more consistently and both have remaining factors in their kits. (junks trap or wraith) speaking of Junk his ult is potentially safe, charges just as fast, has more time, higher damager and (i believe a larger radius.

so up close threat they would be a better choice for the team. want a mobility DPS tracer or Genji would be better.

3 Likes

Id rather have more sustain than higher damage. as upping the damage from his abilities would be borderline broken.

lets talk about his counters

Pharah: good luck getting up there
Mcree: stun fan combo. this is something everyone should worry about but DF wants to be close to his targets and is gigantic.
Reaper: This is the only character I seem to not be able to RP kill. not sure if due to bugs or his extra 50 health and passive. also deals way more damage consistenly up close, self heals, can bait out RP with wraith,
Sombra: hack =death
Tracer: if you miss that 1 punch your dead. she has the means to dodge everything you through at her.
Bastion: if hes in sentry it will take your entire kit. INCLUDING YOUR ULT and even then he still might be alive.
Hanzo: you can 1 shot each other but he can do it from further away, doesn’t need a wall to smack you into also your gigantic. landing scatter or just regular shots on bigfoot isn’t that hard.
Junkrat: he will destroy you up close with his mines. again your huge size means he will have an easier time hitting you. also he has his trap and martyrdom.
Torb: fighting the turret is hard. you don’t get the blowback from RP or the stuns from any of your moves
Roadhog: he will eat your entire kit up for breakfast. drink his Gatorade then eat your ult for lunch. Killing Roadhog is very hard.
Symmetra: the turrests are harder to take out when you have such few shots before a reload. also if shield gen is up you cannot RP anyone in a single blow

If he had more sustainability to justify his high learning curve and the times hes left totally vulnerable he could defend himself better to his numerous counters

2 Likes

I’ve always thought that he needs to have much more sustain outside of his baby shields because in reality if you’re not at the 150 max, you’re doing nothing to mitigate the damage you take. I suggest we heavily buff the passive to 50 shields and reduce the decay, or even just buff his base health to 300. This would still have him be countered by the heroes who should counter him, but not instantly melt him when in contact with him because it’s not fun having to play a character that is meant to get up close to do literally anything and get taken out with braindead tactics.

1 Like

I completely agree. this is the change I advocate the most.

As it stands you only really get to generate a decent amount of shields with your ult. speaking of his ULT. I do believe that his ULT should be on the weaker side compared to other DPS ULTS and I’m ok with that. but I think it could be a bit better. Another way we could buff it is to reset his other abilities and keep everything else with it the same.

DF’s ULT is used to bridge combos so you don’t enter with it. you enter with other abilities then uses your ULT. by the time you come back you’ve eaten up time for your abilities to come off cool down essentially not being left vulnerable and bridging your combos.

The issue is you either go for that fast sweet kill or wait to kill time to knock off time on your other cool downs.

If it did both Id be ok with how slow and low damage it was

1 Like

As of now the list won’t be updated from here on out. This is the last instance of it. 100%.

There’s zero reason that Doomfist’s ultimate should do less in the epicenter than a Tracer Pulse Bomb. He’s a massive juggernaut with a gigantic Doomfist, how does he do ONLY 300 damage dead center? It makes no sense.

2 Likes

We are in agreement that his ULT is bad. I think it does need a buff of some kind.
We also have to consider the desensive part of his ULT to though 75 shields per enemy hit? that’s decent. hit 2 enemies and you’ve maxed your shields. even considering that is ULT is still bad. but it is something we have to consider because its a part of his ULT.

I’m saying a change I would like if so it to stay how it is AND it rests the rest of your kit. then when you lad you can keep brawling and you can come down instantly. I went over this in my last comment.

Or a simple higher damage, bigger radius, faster come down. Long story short. yes its bad and needs help.

His ult is fine in current patch, and with the change I’ve made to it, it’s very very powerful. Making the minimum damage 66 means the kill area threshhold for 200 hp heroes is moved from about 1.1875 meters out from the edge of the center aoe to 1.709 meters (these are estimates, not exact numbers) but at any rate it’s much more difficult to escape its one shot potential now. And on top of that, its knockback is heavily increased to actively knock enemies out of its aoe after being hit by it: meaning that it can actually be used to move enemy tanks away from a location. (note, the knockback decreases linearly, so being hit at the very edge of it will still basically not move the target hit.)