D.Va should not be so immune to boops

Difficult to boop and bugged physics are two entirely different beasts.

I agree, but D.Va and Orisa both have a bug where they’re nearly immovable when firing their primary and that’s a problem.

Was gonna post the link but Bloggerman already beat me to it.

Edit: I’ll do it anyway for effect.

1 Like

Which is why I’m suggesting CC resistance build up. Add as much CC as you want then, you won’t get stunlocked and tossed around like a sock in a washing machine.

Also, utility there isn’t CC exists. Bio nade, speed boost, damage boost, res, reflect, sonar arrow all are utility and don’t CC at all. I’m sure there’s many others that we could create. More anti-heal is surely needed for one.

Pro play is triple tank, or course she’s being played. Who else are they going to run? There’s only one other off tank.

But you know that, you’re just being you again. Crying for tank nerfs in a game you claim you don’t play anymore.

4 Likes

It’s not a bug. It’s intended. The way boop physics work is that it affects heroes differently based on their momentum and direction of movement.

Orisa and D.Va move much slower while firing and therefore aren’t moved as much when knocked back. If they are also moving forward, any backwards knockback is reduced.

Healing needs a big nerf.

Once more for the people in the back.

But for real you probably started responding before I quoted the post so I apologize.

Sorry to say tho, it’s been a confirmed bug since March ‘18.

2 Likes

Pro play is triple tank, or course she’s being played. Who else are they going to run? There’s only one other off tank.

she is being played inside that

in a meta that’s supposed to be unfavourable vs her

and yet, she is played a decent amount. that doesn’t happen for a hero that’s overnerfed or underpowered or even balanced, lul

But you know that, you’re just being you again. Crying for tank nerfs in a game you claim you don’t play anymore.

tanks being too strong (rein in this case) is the main reason why I stopped playing and will not play until tanks receive necessary adjustments

I’m sure the game is greatly missing someone toxic enough in game to have a 0 endorsement rating, something I have literally never seen before.

i play mei

playing mei often gets you suspended by toxic stacks when in reality they are the problem

the moment you receive the suspension even if it’s for gameplay sabotage, you lose it

if the suspension was for abusive chat, i wouldn’t be able to post on the forums

but either way, all of that is just ad hominem and a deflection from my arguments on why your hero was overtuned since forever

I’ve seen plenty of 1 tricks of off meta heroes and I’ve literally never seen a 0 endorsement on anyone. I don’t believe you, especially given your attitude here.

There’s no point in talking to you about tank heroes or anything really, all you do is spam the forums with nonsense about nerfing tanks and ignore evidence that refutes your paper thin points. People like you are the reason we get almost no feedback here from the devs.

Just because you didn’t see it doesn’t mean that it isn’t true

The moment you receive a gameplay suspension, you lose your endorsement. If you keep playing, you get it back eventually.

I mean, try it out for yourself

There’s no point in talking to you about tank heroes or anything really, all you do is spam the forums with nonsense about nerfing tanks and ignore evidence that refutes your paper thin points. People like you are the reason we get almost no feedback here from the devs.

No, I pretty much debunked all of your data. But hey, no point in arguing with what is essentially a DVA OTP. Used to having your hero forever overtuned.

Pretty sure that a forum full of support and tank players who keep asking for buffs to supports and tanks in a meta where 0 dps is meta while asking for nerfs to dps heroes is the reason why we don’t get feedback from the devs

Considering that the devs left it that way and that it only affects those two heroes, both with similar “self slow” mechanics, it seems to make more sense that they are talking about applicable abilities rather than all knockback.

Halt and Rocket Punch are both considered hard cc that doesn’t take into consideration DVA/Orisa’s fire state. I believe Pile Driver does this too.

Was it part of the dev’s design to have Lucio boop Orisa across the map with a skill that is highly dependent on the enemy’s directional movement and speed or that she be moved the same fixed distance as every other hero by hard cc?

Yup.

It seems better to introduce a hero that can emit an aoe that grants defense + stability for the team. The way this game works, hero countering and reading cooldowns plays a bigger role so putting in innate buffs like that kind of defeats the purpose.

I feel like we will get a hero soon that can do something like that and if we do then I think that would fit this fast pace game much better than just reducing the net-worth of a whole class of abilities.

Huh. Weird how they want to fix an intended feature, isn’t?

1 Like

If you make CC resistance build up, not resistance across the board, the value of individual CCs would barely be affected. Only sub sequential CCs would get diminished value.

To “quote” Bloggerman

But to go a step further:

If we look at other tanks with channeling/autofire capabilities, we can turn to Roadhog who gets tossed around like a rag doll from any knockback ability, not just Brig, not just Doomfist, but Pharah, Rein, Lucio and even a D.Va when ulting. This is the way Orisa and D.Va should be reacting, but aren’t.

And while the Dev’s comments leave a lot to be interpreted, in airing on the side of a more liberal application of fixes rather than a restrictive one.

Yes it was, hence the:

2 Likes

Hey, it is possible that they do want them to all get booped around the same way. As a design, it seems more plausible that the mechanics are working how they are intended, especially when they fixed the RP issue and left the rest intact. I could definitely be wrong though and wake up to see that changed, one day.

I tagged Tom in that thread to see if he’ll come back and expand on what he meant. Everyone can debate what should happen in-game but none of us really know until they make their opinions clearer.

If DVA/Orisa becomes easier targets to knockback, it wouldn’t really change the gameplay for me, much. My knockback targets would remain the same… I guess it would just be another nerf for Orisa which I don’t think anyone minds. :wink:

It is a big deal, because it’s inconsistent with other characters. It’s also a bug, and bugs need to be fixed.

Orisa and D.Va should not be immune to boops while shooting. It’s a double standard and needs to be changed.

2 Likes

Sis, it’s a bug.

Sis, it’s an immunity. There’s no reason why Boosters needs to have knockback.

2 Likes

No lie I hope they actually do just keep the bug in forever at this point. It gives Orisa and D.Va a unique perk to being slowed to a snail’s pace when they fire at things.

1 Like

Its not fair to Rein though who can be booped during charge.

1 Like