Skins missing or becoming locked

Table Of Content

1. Introduction
  2. The bug / issue
  3. Edit notes
  4. Context post from old forums
  5. Complete Copy / Paste Of Old Topic
  6. Recent list of known threads (Also see links connected to this topic)
  7. Video Evidence
  8. Photo Evidence

1. Introduction

Hi there, as this ‘main’ post is quite large I have tried my best to format it for easier use. As such I am open to further suggestions in order for this to be more beneficial given it’s severity. There is a table of content listed above and you should be able to use the find feature (CTRL+F) to jump straight to a section.
For any links in this topic, I believe I used Brackets ( ) around parts of the link. So to use the link just copy and paste but remove the ( ) and the word ’ DOT’ if it’s also there and replace with a ‘.’

2. The bug / issue

TL:DR = Something causing all cosmetics and maybe gold, to vanish or become locked despite being owned all ready. Amount of affected items vary and the issue effects all platforms. There is no support or help from Blizzard or OW. Sending support tickets does not help, you get turned away or ignored. At this time we only have each other. Issue has existed for close to, if not 2 years!

To explain this issue more would be that first off, this is not a new bug. In fact as you may find out further down that the first reports of such a thing were from 2016 - Two years ago. However, despite the numerous reports and countless attempts at tickets. This was never fixed, what is far worse though is I believe this was never even acknowledged by Blizzard or OW. So for the best part we are on our own, so I ask. Please share and spread this around if you know anyone who has a similar experience, this needs to be looked at once and for all.
This is an issue for reasons unknown to us which would basically take away things that you all ready owned. To date, this has claimed many different items - even those that are exclusive such as event items. I’ve heard some talk about even gold falling victim to this, as I’m sceptic to this due to little evidence I am taking the matter of gold lightly but still counting it. Furthermore, this issue is not just restricted to PC. I’ve had numerous users come to me and say that they are from Xbox 360 or PS4. Hearing this honestly makes me wonder how many people are there who haven’t spoken up yet, just how big is this thing.
Now in terms of aid, I am sorry to say that we only have ourselves. So I do apologise if you came here for a fix as there is none at this time. However, do speak up, save this topic, spread it around. I will continue to document this and acknowledge all cases that I see in order to try and get this addressed. It’s just so wrong that so many of us has lost things to no fault of our own and the developers refuse to do a single thing.

3. Edit Notes

Most recent ----> Oldest. Click the Title Edit to expand notes.

Edit: As of 07/07/18

HOW HAS THINGS BEEN FOR YOU GUYS OVER THE PAST MONTH OR SO, COULD ANY OF YOU PLEASE PROVIDE ANY UPDATES?

I can tell that Blizzard still ignores this issue amongst others which is no surprise to be honest. Doesn’t change how appallingly faeces the company is in anyway, just goes to show how negligent they are.

IMPORTANT EDIT: As Of 29/05/18

I’m honestly thinking more and more about reaching out to other publishers, reporters or news outlets to see if there’s more we don’t know about. Maybe even get help but who knows.

If any of you know of possible contacts, please let me know and I will take a look.

Edit: As Of 15/04/18

Tried to use Reddit again, here are the links for topics over there that I have made:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/duplicates/7ydf9r/missing_or_locked_cosmetics_etc/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/8cf6nv/technical_bug_still_not_acknowledged_needs/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/8cf4rv/this_needs_to_be_addressed_once_and_for_all/

There’s also this topic that I recently made under General Discussions here on the OW Forums:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/how-does-one-get-acknowledgement-let-alone-any-response-from-the-ow-team/61265

Edit: As Of 14/03/18

Just commenting on something I just remembered is not included here. This is that I also tried broadcasting this particular bug / issue on Reddit. But, no activity yet unfortunately and I don’t fully understand that site: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7ydf9r/missing_or_locked_cosmetics_etc/

Edit: As Of /08/03/18

Good Morning. So I finally got round to reformatting everything for ease of use. I do apologise that it took me some time to get round to doing so as I wasn’t able to because of personal reasons. Thankfully though after 3 and 1/2 hours the reformatting was complete. Please do say if there was any mistakes or if you have any suggestions to make the topic better. Also if you have any evidence what so ever, whether it be video or image. I strongly encourage you to please share that if you are able because it’s such a concrete piece of information that could greatly tip things in our favour. As always, thank you for your time and patience, please continue to get in touch and share this as much as possible.

Just a note as of 03/03/18

In some of the recent comments it was suggested to me that better formatting of this bulky main post would benefit everyone much better. Sadly due to events and personal stuff in reality I am unable to do this at this moment in time. BUT please note that I will try and make things easier to read etc as soon as I am able. Thank you for your patience.

Edit: As of 21/02/18

Trying to move my thread from the old forums isn’t working at the moment due to the forum having quite dumb policies or something. Can’t properly leave links or add more until people participate on this topic.
Will keep trying to move the essentials over.
THESE NEW FORUMS REALLY ARE TERRIBLE. Going to see if I can segment the old topic into a giant edit of this post at the bottom. I simply can not copy and paste pieces as new replies because of “You must wait for other people to comment in order to reply” bullcrap.

Edit: As of 16/02/18

There has still been no clarification or input from Blizzard or the OW developers into the matter of the cosmetics disappearing. The same applies in relation to the 2 known cases (SO FAR) that have come fourth saying their stuff had returned.

IMPORTANT EDIT: As of 11/02/18

It would seem as though that some things are finally starting to get resolved perhaps. Although at this current given time there is a lot of mystery around it due to there being no clear response, mention or indication of anything fix from Blizzard.
So far 2 of the affected people I know of have come fourth and said their items were returned.
I STRONGLY URGE ALL THOSE AFFECTED TO PLEASE CHECK YOUR HERO GALLERIES AND POST AN UPDATE. THANK YOU.

EDIT: As of 03/02/18:

My ticket re-appeared today, no idea what happened to it originally vanishing. Sadly the update to it was a different game master saying the exact same thing of go to the Bug Report forum. Completely disregarding the fact I’ve linked them to the thread IN THE BUG REPORT FORUM.
There’s also 300+ that have been put here, please go see my latest comment and click the link for yourselves if you can’t be bothered to search by your own.

EDIT As Of 02/02/18

It is with mixed feelings that with what I’ve personally been seeing from other users, the lack of acknowledgement to this issue and even others for that matter. That I’m genuinely beginning to feel that we are on our own for the most part - At least that is how I see it.
I did try and seek aid from support through a ticket but that honestly has not gone well. The procedures and such that Blizzard give their support is severely insufficient as they seem limited.
I have shared my current experience in this thread with a direct link to the conversation post here in order to provide more information to the extremely small amount we have: (h)ttps://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761056701?page=2#post-28
On the same day, the exact same ticket vanished. It wasn’t answered or resolved because it became opened after my most recent comment. I went to check any status at a later time and simply could not find by ticket, it had been removed. Blizzard are ignoring this issue and it’s disgusting.

4. Context From Old Forums

Greetings,
I’ve recently returned to playing Overwatch again and have been playing for the past week or two.
I started to equip / sort stuff from my hero gallery after finding that you have multiple slots and menus now.
I’ve got to Reaper and I knew for a fact I had one of his Plague Doctor skins. However, for some reason it’s not shown there anymore or has locked it self.
I did notice my Reaper was skinless during matches when I returned to playing Overwatch, but didn’t think much of it at the time.
I can see in Reapers skin list that it’s labelled as “Nevermore” and “Plague Doctor”. Yet, I’m thinking in the past it was just “Plague Doctor” listed twice with different colour. Is that correct?

I’ve asked in game but nobody seems to have heard of it.
Before I returned to the game, I had not played for 1-2 years.
Did the skins change? Were some removed?
I have no idea what’s going on or if any other items were / could be affected.

5. Complete Copy / Paste Of Original Topic

Everything located below this point in this main post, are all the key points from the topic I made on the old forums. Original = (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761056701
I hope it’s not too hard to follow, ask me if there is any confusion.

Click to expand: Warning! This is long.

CPOMendez
1 posts
Jan 19
I lost my Mercy Witch skin as well, any idea how this happened?

• My reply to CPOMendez

I honestly wish I knew, the google searches I’ve tried provide no information and the forum search function isn’t much help either. Just threads of similar experiences with no definitive answer or information.
I can understand how this might seem sketchy, with the context of such threads asking about high end cosmetics (I.e the legendary skins).
But there’s honestly nothing of the sort going on. We’re merely questioning why something is no longer accessible at the very least.
The fact there’s not been much of a response is kind of disappointing. Not even something along the lines of “You can’t get your skin back because -reason-”.
I know for a damn fact I owned the mentioned skin and for stuff to vanish after returning from a hiatus is bound to be questioned. @Readers, so where is the response, the information, just what is going on please?
Edit: I might end up moving this whole thread to one that see’s more activity. Couldn’t care for placing it in the wrong location. Information is needed and if this board doesn’t work despite it’s purpose being about game bugs. Then the better option would to be try elsewhere.

• Quote Break

Locuas
49 posts
Jan 19
same thing happened. lost a bunch of summer skins. they were elgendary too.

• My Comment

Just wow… Look at this. So many topics created all with the same or similar issues.
This was only 6 days worth of the “Bug Report” board. SO WHY IS THERE NO ANSWER OR INFORMATION.

Referrals To Old Forum Topics
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760996857
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760876905
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761016778
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761106241
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761016921
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761006855
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761026820
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760896827
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760896813
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761026715
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761096797
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761046737
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760976820
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761106009
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760976755
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761046505
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760946489
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761016422
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761096446
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760936446
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760956331
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760986346
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760946188
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761076267
    EDIT, added new topics that I see to list (Time span varies):
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760927091
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760877160
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761107084
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760937412
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761037259
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761087057
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761027254
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760957714
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760897741
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760897684
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761067638
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760877760
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760917701
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760987647
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761007513
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761068063
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759269511
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760878086
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761475982
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761108141
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760898173
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761736346
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761676290
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760896376
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761737006
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761647022
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761687044
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20762036126
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20762036185
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761106025
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761916173
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761896175
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761906022
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761876147 (Spanish)
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761747416
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761886018
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761846242
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761946354
  • (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761986450

jackwilson76
6 posts
Jan 21
YES I LOST ITEMS FROM LUNAR AND I CONTACTED THEM THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO I NEED ANSWERS AND MY STUFF BACK BLIZZARD PLEASE

jackwilson76
6 posts
Jan 21
Hello im jack and so far I’ve unlocked all skins from mostly every event but today I logged on and Sentai Genji and lunar d.va are locked I nearly cried but there’s not help and I know as a fact that I had those two skins we need blizzard

Azrael780
3 posts
Jan 22
I lost Hanzo’s casual skin after the patch a couple days ago. I created a board about it as well. Any ideas?

Azrael780
3 posts
Jan 22
I went on today and found it missing. I loved that skin. It looked so cool. Blizzard please help us, your our only hope.

Ahriman
179 posts
Jan 26
Bumping, still no support help for others from threads I’ve viewed. No acknowledgement from Blizzard in regards to a year old issue. No information or any answers as a result of no input from anyone in charge of OW.

Chi
76 posts
Jan 26
Yet they do nothing, i wont stop talking to them, they keep dodging it as much as they can but i will still talk about it, the game !@#$ed us up and they need to help us

Ahriman
179 posts
Jan 27
Bump for the start of today. Other users experiencing anything similar to this do feel free to comment here. There has definitely been threads I’ve missed and not added to the list (Excluding old or very old ones which do exist, use the forum search function).

YADO55
11 posts
Jan 28
Did u have a second account?
And if not stop trying to get free stuff cuz the events come back.
This gets ignored because of people trying to get free stuff and blizzard cant just add items to accounts they mentiond it some where in the forumes about june 2017

Ahriman
179 posts
Jan 28
01/28/2018

06:28 AMPosted by YADO55
“Did u have a second account?
And if not stop trying to get free stuff cuz the events come back.
This gets ignored because of people trying to get free stuff and blizzard cant just add items to accounts they mentiond it some where in the forumes about june 2017”

My Response: This is not asking for free stuff.
No I do not own other accounts, are you seriously trying to imply I would create extra accounts to fill a list? Seriously I know things need to be civil but you can just piss off.
Do your research, use what I’ve all ready given you.
It’s a year old issue that hasn’t been talked about, addressed or fixed.

• My Conversations with support
    To whom it may concern,
    See this thread for context: (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761056701
    This needs to be addressed properly.
    So please do not brush it to one side as if it was nothing which Blizzard support have been doing so to others.
    For a long time there has been issues with certain in game items vanishing or becoming locked despite all ready being owned. This has affected all platforms and if you used the forum search feature, you can see some of the oldest records go as far as last year. The extent of the issue is not particular clear either, by that I mean there is no way of telling what else might have been lost as a result of this issue.
    Recently, more and more threads are starting to appear on the bug forum. With an ever growing number detailing your almost non existent support.
    This really isn’t acceptable, more so because some players have recorded losing items that were a result of premium use (I.E used real money, also I am aware of charge back for loot boxes but that still doesn’t give them back what they lost). Or other items that were from exclusive events.
    Why has this not been addressed with even the slightest bit of acknowledgement at the very least? Please do not say it has, because evidently it really hasn’t unless you can prove to me and the rest otherwise.
    I’ve still got emails from certain people claiming the bug report forum does get addressed but in regards to this situation that claim is completely false. So not only has nothing been done in regards to this certain issue, but you’re also lying about things.
    So please, can we get serious now and actually do something?
    Even if you literally just admit you have no knowledge of how this occurred and lack the damage control to fix it.
    Regards,
    Ahriman
    6 hours ago
    This ticket has been marked as Answered.
    6 hours ago

-Name of Support contact redacted for privacy-
Heya Ahriman,
Specialist Game Master -Name of Support contact redacted for privacy- here, thank you for being patient in waiting for a response, I hope your day is going well :slight_smile:
In regards to your petition I can certainly see that this is a subject you are passionate about so I want to give you due justice with my reply. We here in Customer Support can’t investigate bugs in games outside of World of Warcraft which is a subscription based game and one customer service was given extensive tools to interact with the game world.
So when it comes to bug reports for OW our workflow is to document that we received the bug report and what it was about and then to forward you over to our Bug report forums as that’s where the Developers themselves go to see what’s being reported as a bug.
I do realize this is not the information you’d like to receive back but it’s the best answer we can give.
Best wishes,

Hi -Name of Support contact redacted for privacy-,
I would agree that I’m passionate about this, a lot of that though is quite simply because there is NO INFORMATION. Further more the sheer range of this issue contributes to why I’m trying so hard. People have lost money in the worst case scenarios and as I originally stated, there is no indication of what other items this has affected. It’s also got more and more frustrating to see new posts appear or more comments about the same thing - similar or identical issue and the extreme lack of support.
In response to your comment about WOW. Why does Blizzard choose to solely put all or the majority their resources into one game? Surely each game - especially if it has any option to allow in game purchases or to buy the game as a requirement to play - should have a functioning support department?
Alas I am sorry -Name of Support contact redacted for privacy- but with what you are saying about the forums and the procedure just isn’t true. The same thing has been said to other users who have tried to seek aid through support.
This has been around for just over a year, not one case was acknowledged properly. If you don’t believe me, here’s one from AUG 20th 2016!: (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748616889#post-1
Now this isn’t aimed at you -Name of Support contact redacted for privacy- as you’re just the messenger and as the saying goes, don’t shoot the messenger. But, the way some things are being handled by Blizzard by blatantly lying through their teeth as one example, is beginning to get sickening.
The answer you were given by Blizzard, even if it’s the best they could do, really makes it seem as though they do not care. At least that is what I’m starting to think now.
Thank you for getting back to me and talking which I do appreciate on your behalf. However, in terms of this issue and the way things are being handled, I feel Blizzard should do more then what they currently are doing.
I’m going to be sharing this ticket with the collection of threads I see to better provide information.
Regards,
Ahriman

Ahriman
179 posts
Feb 2
(Edited)
Just an update, after leaving my most recent response as shown above there has been no further action.
In fact, I went to check just now if there was any updates and the entire ticket has disappeared.
Why?

• My Comment
    So my ticket re-appeared after vanishing. What is even going on?
    Sadly though, was just a different game master saying the same thing. Go to the bug report forum.

I linked you to threads ALL READY IN the bug report forum.
    Let’s also not forget the 392 others or even more that have been posted here: (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/search?q=missing+skins&forum=22813881
    And as I keep saying, as old as a year. Proof, look at the dates: (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/search?forum=22813881&q=missing%20skins&page=4 and (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/search?forum=22813881&q=missing%20skins&page=3

Ƕzys
1 posts
Feb 7
same problem here and no solution at support.

Scuttler
1 posts
Feb 8
BUMP

Ahriman
179 posts
Feb 8
GOD DAMN BUMP.
Great to still see this getting ZERO attention. Despite the known list getting updated…

flygongaby
3 posts
Feb 11
Hey just to update you on my situation. A few days ago I got a notification saying that my ticket’s status was changed to resolved. I didn’t have the time to check if that meant anything in game that day. Today I logged in and after fixing some display settings (my mouse was off center), I noticed the “new” next to the hero gallery. When I went to check all the stuff that I had lost was there with “new” tags. I don’t know if the recent update fixed it or if the devs did manually, but yeah. I hope you and everyone else whose cosmetics disappeared get them back. Thanks for continuously spreading awareness about this issue and I will try to share my story and your’s as much as I can to hopefully resolve this.

• My Comment
    (Quoting Flygongaby)
    Hey just to update you on my situation. A few days ago I got a notification saying that my ticket’s status was changed to resolved. I didn’t have the time to check if that meant anything in game that day. Today I logged in and after fixing some display settings (my mouse was off center), I noticed the “new” next to the hero gallery. When I went to check all the stuff that I had lost was there with “new” tags. I don’t know if the recent update fixed it or if the devs did manually, but yeah. I hope you and everyone else whose cosmetics disappeared get them back. Thanks for continuously spreading awareness about this issue and I will try to share my story and your’s as much as I can to hopefully resolve this.

Thank you very much for the update. I will take a look into this for my experience and hopefully others that have experienced the same thing look into it as well. Which I do encourage just in case, so hopefully some of those people are still reading this topic.
It’s good to know that you got your stuff back at least. It’s possible the recent update might have resolved it but without no clear indication from Blizzard, we can only wonder.
In regards to the ticket status being marked as resolve, it could have just been the shoddy policy the game masters follow in support. I.E, leaving a sub standard and somewhat automated response and moving onto the other tickets they are tasked with.

• My Comment
    Just found another user I knew of that experienced this saying it is now resolved for them.
    (H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761597069
    Not entirely sure what is going on…
    I STRONGLY URGE ALL THOSE AFFECTED TO PLEASE CHECK YOUR HERO GALLERIES AND POST AN UPDATE. THANK YOU.
    EDIT to add my experience:
    It looks like this mystery thing hasn’t yet reached my end. So really not sure what made things better for Chi and flygongaby. We’ll see in due time hopefully and more so if others post an update.

ThePainUs
2 posts
Feb 14
Also missing a large number of skins. This needs to be resolved.

Aeryhs
15 posts
Feb 14
I too was directed to post a bug about my missing stuff after sending a support ticket.
I was going through my hero gallery looking at all the new Year of the Dog stuff, when I noticed that my Orisa puppy emote was locked. There’s been a few times lately where I’ve noticed that something was locked that I was so sure I had before, but my memory was a little fuzzy so I let it go. But I KNOW I had the Puppy emote. I remember opening it and showing it off to my husband and him being so jealous…and now it’s locked. Makes me wonder if the others I noticed before really used to be unlocked as well. I’m really upset. I buy a lot of loot boxes for events, and it’s really disturbing that things can re-lock themselves.

LawlOozyVurt
2 posts
6 days ago
This just happened to me. I paid for lootboxes and got the Genji “Baihu” skin from one and saved up some of my points to buy the Dva “Black Cat” skin. I had some gold currency left after the purchase. Played a couple games with them yesterday, but logged in today and the Genji “Baihu” skin is locked and my gold currency shows -“55”. How’s that even possible lol. I still have the Dva “Black Cat” skin. I have a video of me playing Genji with the skin yesterday and I have a screen shot of the “-55” gold.

Masterhalo12
2 posts
6 days ago
Same With Some Of My Emotes

MrAmazing79
230 posts
5 days ago
02/15/2018

06:35 AM
Posted by LawlOozyVurt
This just happened to me. I paid for lootboxes and got the Genji “Baihu” skin from one and saved up some of my points to buy the Dva “Black Cat” skin. I had some gold currency left after the purchase. Played a couple games with them yesterday, but logged in today and the Genji “Baihu” skin is locked and my gold currency shows -“55”. How’s that even possible lol. I still have the Dva “Black Cat” skin. I have a video of me playing Genji with the skin yesterday and I have a screen shot of the “-55” gold.

(Mramazing did a quote)
My guess would have to be a charge back on the loot boxes you bought yesterday that could of cost you to have -55 coins.

Ahriman
179 posts
5 days ago
My apologises for the quiet past few days. Who knew a minor chat suspension for a game would effect something completely different (Such as the forums).
I don’t have time to check back the past few days and update what I can tonight.
However, I will get to it as soon as I’m able so please be patient.
Thank you to the newcomers for sharing your experiences.

Ahriman
179 posts
5 days ago
Bump and comment.
Okay, I think we are back up to date.
I’ve gone back to 4 days ago on these forum boards and tried addressing all the topics I saw. I am sorry if I missed any but hopefully I had things covered enough.
As always, if anyone has any development on their cases. PLEASE UPDATE US HERE.

TiP54
7 posts
5 days ago
(Edited)
Hello,
OP was kinda enough to find my post and direct me here.
Here:(H)ttps://us.battle(DOT)net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761906022?page=1#post-5
is the link to my original thread. I’ll also repost the text in this thread.

Hello,
Yesterday (Tuesday 2/13) at around 1-130am central time i opened a crate which contained Valkyrie Mercy skin. I don’t play her too much, she is my 6th most played character across all game modes. I’m pointing this out because when I logged in to play today I did not have the skin unlocked. I took a screenshot of just the skin nothing around her ((H)ttps://gyazo(DOT)com/8fc5bb09257943cccb8c4e95bcd8048d) I know this isn’t really proof, but I wasn’t taking it to provide it as proof. I simply took it to dump it in my Discord channel to share it with my friends.I will gladly provide any other prevalent info you might need.
This sucks. Sucks even more because Blizzard has straight up ignored it.

• END OF TOPIC IN OLD FORUMS

6. Recent list of known threads (Also see links connected to this topic)

Any new threads I see from today will go here, please also check linked topics by expanding topic details at the bottom of this main post.

• https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/unlocked-skins-being-locked/30167
  • https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/my-legendary-skins-are-missing/49299
  • https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/what-face-my-skin-for-mercy-went-away-after-new-year-even-end/47886
  • https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/mei-skin-is-missing/67216
  • https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/missing-skin-bug/95247
  • https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/missing-skins-and-intros/99100
  • https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/really-bad-things-in-hero-gallery-can-randomly-re-lock/94884
  • https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/skin-locked-a-month-after-purchase/106405
  • https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/credit-and-uprising-cosmetic-issues/106316
  • https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/missing-item-from-the-collection-after-update-22-05/111765
  • https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/missing-skins-poses-etc/111725
  • https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/skin-missing-help/111152
  • https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/unlocks-are-missing/110572
  • https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/owl-skins-are-gone/109572
  • https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/missing-every-skin-i-earnt/116075
  • https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/skins-missing-from-my-account/116614

7. Video Evidence

This section would be dedicated to any video footage or evidence that you guys are able to share. Anything would be really helpful and it will be much appreciated.

• User Dark and an Xbox player, shared video footage detailing the Soldier 76 Alpine skin being locked despite being owned in the past which is shown via replay.
    https://youtu.be/kTztQ8cJ44w
    Some time had passed and unfortunately a debate occurred on his original topic by a certain user who was protesting everything being faked. Dark kindly made a follow up video which is this one.
    https://youtu.be/QZ9PKtnWBvA

8. Photo Evidence

This section will be dedicated to any photographic or other image based evidence you guys may have. Anything would be really helpful and it be much appreciated.

12 Likes

Since the Year of the dog event I have had some problems related to loot boxes and cosmetics. Unlike you I’ve not had a break from the game.
I get duplicates from the event, however, I do not get any duplicate credits, nor do they end up as “new” in Hero Gallery. Just 5 minutes ago I got Tracer’s “Rose Skin”, but I already had that. So I checked the Hero Gallery and there’s no “New” marker next to Tracer.

As far as I know I have no problem with locked stuff tho. But I’d figure I’d post about my problem here instead of making a new thread since the bugs are similar.

Just finished quoting and editing the old topic into the post above. These god damn new forums are a nightmare. That was pretty frustrating to go through and have to do that simply because I couldn’t leave parts in their own posts for the reason originally stated in the recent edit note.
Also, great work that you still can’t use links. It was so stupid that again I had to do more extra stuff that should have been taken care of. I had to go through every link and replace h from https with (H).

Bump.
To try and keep relevant.

I’ve had the same problem. I lost multiple skins and have lost currency numerous times and have even had negative currency. I hope they can resolve the issue soon!

1 Like

You cannot bump in your own post though. It is suck that you lost some skins. But I suggest you format your post, so people can read it normally… Right now it is too long and so confusing to read.

1 Like

How would you suggest formatting it please? Forums aren’t normally my thing.

It’s only that long because I could not add each persons comment as their own new comment just like we’re doing now. This was because of the “You must wait for others to participate in order to comment” dumb rule. It does suck that yeah I lost something, maybe more then I thought.
But, what sucks the most is the sheer age and in some cases severity of this issue. Yet nothing has been done about it.

Bumping posts is actually banned in majority of forum.

You can use * this style to make bullet point for chat:

• It will look like this

And use line break and bold to make heading:

1. Like this

Use double enter to make your paragraph clearer. Don’t overuse underline and italic words. Only use it for, for example: link, keywords, heading.

And put a Table of Content so people know what to look for. Right now I cannot read all of it because it is too confusing.

Possibly related/ helpful:

Gotcha, I will try and tackle this as soon as I’m able to. Hopefully with your advice and that of linkdude240’s tutorial it could look better. Thanks.

Huh, you may have been a complete tw@t in the other topic but this could be of use formatting my major post better. So I’ll thank you for that at least.

Huh, you really are unpleasable.

Oh well. I gave you tools. I gave you alternatives. Officially not my problem anymore.

I though i was going mad. This has been happening to me and i’m not pleased. I purchased some loot boxes because i knew i wouldn’t be playing much. I got the two skins from last year that i wanted. the Chang’e skin and the Luna skin for Mei. I go to Mei’s gallery and notice that i have LOST the Chang’e skin. It’s locked itself. I actually have video proof of me getting the skin and the Luna skin immediately after.

This happened on Console by the way. (Xbox). How do i fix this? I’m not buying the skin again.

2 Likes

I would assume this is where we would post for a similar problem? Missing some skins as well as emotes and victory pose and have been unable to resolve the issue through a support ticket. I’m a console player (PS4) and that didn’t seem to help make the issue any easier to figure out.

1 Like

Don’t worry I thought the same myself when I returned from hiatus.
It’s okay to report this whether your PC or Console because with the knowledge I do have is this issue does effect multiple platforms.

I’m not sure yet what a fix is and Blizzard / OW are yet to respond AT ALL.
I will be trying to maintain this topic when I can so I would probably suggest favouriting, following or bookmarking this topic if you’re able to.

Also, are you able to share your video in any way if possible please? Would be pretty good evidence against this bug.

Yes, this can most definitely be place for people like yourself to share an experience like yours and Errorless. To my knowledge what is initially going on for a reason unknown to us. Is there is some bug that is causing cosmetics and maybe even gold on a long shot, to vanish or become locked despite being purchased all ready.
As I said above to Errorless, this is a multi platform thing and unfortunately contacting the support will do NOTHING. The only support we have at the moment is everyone else experiencing this issue and the reported topics. With what I’ve looked at these past couple months I’ve tried to gather within here, so at this moment in time this topic has the most information on the issue as far as I am aware.
So if you have any development or know of any others experiencing this. Please do direct here so that it can be better documented.

In regards to sizeable main post, I will try re-formatting the entire thing when I am able. Sadly this won’t be yet due to events and personal things in reality. BUT it will get updated at some point, that I can assure.

Yea I lost my casual hanzo and my alpine soldier as of March 1st 2018 when Xbox servers were going under maintenance I logged in not knowing found out everything was down than i signed in and yes those things were gone along with some currency that I don’t really care about but what makes it worse is that I paid $10 for the loot boxes and everything was taken away as if they were never opened I tried getting a refund and apparently Xbox can’t give me it because “it’s a problem that is on the developers end and they have to fix it” and I contacted blizzard support and they said they couldn’t do anything so what’s the point of support if neither of them can do anything I have proof I had the alpine skin and that now it is gone it’s a YouTube video that I posted for proof and I can’t put links or anything because everytime I try it says that I can’t so If you wanna see proof the video is called I lost some overwatch stuff the YouTube name is Gabriel Atkins I was extremely tired when I posted it so sorry about that I hope this gets fixed because it’s pissing me off that I only needed the new hanzo skin for the blizzard world update and I would’ve had every skin for hanzo

1 Like

I lost my police d.va skin and oni genji skin… How can this be fixed ? (I’m on ps4)

1 Like

I also lost police dva and oni genji. I played hero’s of the storm and got both skins and used them for a long time and recently I received police dva in a loot box but it wasn’t a duplicate and when I went to genjis hero gallery I saw that I had to buy it for 1000 gold. I have no idea when they were locked back up since I domt use those 2 skins very often. Was it a bug in some update? Also this happened with my dance emote on Lucio but he’s the only one.

2 Likes
Reply to Dark

Hey Dark, thanks for getting in touch.
Sorry to hear that you, like many of us have been effected by this unknown issue. I can offer some partial insight into assisting you with that being to my knowledge. Loot Boxes that have been purchased can sometimes be issued a charge back. Now I don’t know the full details, but what happens is the loot boxes are ‘refunded’ and as such any credits or items earned are taken away. I believe it’s one reason why players can sometimes have Negative Gold. I know it’s not the information you are looking for but I hope it’s something new that you may not have known. Also this could be the cause to the loss of your items as it is one thing that can happen. However, please note that this could most definitely be the same and unknown thing effecting the majority of us which IMO seems to be the main culprit.
In regards to the video I think I may have found it. Is it this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTztQ8cJ44w
If so then thank you very much for sharing this, it’s insanely helpful that we now have video evidence of such an occurrence and to anyone reading this. Please DO provide footage or images if you are able.
Would you mind if I added an evidence section to my main post and have this link there please Dark?

Reply to Memes

Hi Memes, thanks for getting in touch.
Unfortunately with everything that I’ve learn and experienced so far. We have no fix. One of the main reasons behind this is because for some completely nonsensical reason, Blizzard and OW have done NOTHING about for the past 2 years.
So I am sorry that I can’t fix this for you as I really wish I could get this resolved for all of us.
However, I will be continuing to try and document this as best as I can when I’m able. So I would recommend in bookmarking this topic and please let me know of any updates or development for your case. Thank you.

Reply to Nortio

Hi Nortio, thanks for getting in touch.
I’m a little confused as to why Heroes Of The Storm is being mentioned. But, what I can work out of what you are saying is that in your case. You’ve lost 2 skins and an emote. Sorry to hear that dude.
I highly doubt that these losses were a result of a recent update because of the sheer age to this issue which we could tell from reported cases.
Also as I’ve mentioned previously this unknown issue does effect everything in the hero gallery. So it would be okay to assume that the emote vanishing is a result of this frustrating bug.
Please keep me posted of your situation and I would suggest saving this topic somewhere, possibly bookmark.

So dudes and dudettes.
I was finally able to reformat the entire post. Sorry it took some time getting round to it but as I stated this was because of events and personal stuff.
Hopefully everything is easier to read and understand now.
Please do tell me if you are unsure and I am open to any suggestions. If anything can be done to bring attention to this bug / issue or make things better for this topic then please do say.
I will continue to document this as best as I can and I would really appreciate it if you could share this. It needs to be brought to the attention of OW once and for all. By doing this we might finally get a much needed answer because one thing I noticed was that some bug report topics with a lot of traction prompted a response by the Devs.

As always, thank you for your patience and time.

1 Like

An emote that I was sure that I have unlocked was locked as well. Since I generally pay attention mostly to skins and only some notable emotes, I am afraid to find out if there are more that have been locked that I haven’t noticed.

1 Like

Happened to me too now - well or at least I just realized it now. And definitely gold skin missing too:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/still-no-reply-random-re-locks-in-hero-gallery/86496