Host Classic With Crusade Patch

If you’re going to keep rehosting classic, how about a version with the crusade patch on it? All you need to do is disable the new profession, races, and portal to outlands. Now THIS would be a version of classic that might actually survive long term. As it stands though, you are just creating more shovelware realms.

“You aren’t good enough? Aren’t dedicated enough? You don’t get the gear. Period. Stay in Outlands.”
-What you’re saying isn’t specific to classic. Feel free to stay wherever you went since you haven’t posted in months. :+1:

“World’s first rank 14 takes skill and dedication.”
-Dedication maybe but certainly not skill. It’s just a time sink. He who has the most hours to waste is most rewarded.

“I’m not entirely sure what you’re asking for here like are you saying have it be a permanent prepatch?”
-YES.

“In this thread people who never earned rank 14 cry in an attempt to get the system changed so they can.”
-The rank system was garbage. Just own it. There’s a reason why it was deleted with crusade.

“all i want is the ability to que anywhere so i can farm while waiting. Also, horde and ally all in the same que, stop these 40 minute que timers, just mix the teams”
-If queues are fast there’s no need to queue from everywhere. Also, crusade has mixed BGs now, on all types except AV.

“What about the new areas in Azeroth?”
-The new quest areas would be a positive.

“part of me wonders what will happen at the end of the season of mastery though”
-It is believed they will dump the characters over to the original classic realms but Blizzard has made no official announcements yet.

“Drain, your bad opinions aren’t this important.”
-They didn’t need to split the playerbase for SOM either, but it still happened.

14 Likes

No.

You aren’t good enough? Aren’t dedicated enough? You don’t get the gear. Period. Stay in Outlands.

6 Likes

This would prevent the bracket mafia (created by boosting company’s exploiting the PVP system) and all the harassment, abuse and exploitation that was an issue in wow classic that didn’t exist in Vanilla (from my own experience) so fully agree.

1 Like

If you think that you have never been rank 14.

World’s first rank 14 takes skill and dedication.

2 Likes

Good enough for what? Playing the same class everyone else is?

Dedicated to what? Raid logging or afking in BG’s for R14?

Gear? What gear. Half of Vanilla’s gear gets sharded. Itemization is absolutely terrible.

Most people will, as you’ll see when your “Phresh” Vanilla servers are dead in a week.

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure what you’re asking for here like are you saying have it be a permanent prepatch?

I mean personally I think they should give us Is wrath classes With 60 talent points instead of 51.

With the prepatch honor system, wouldn’t you have everyone decked out in R14 gear within a month?

I agree 100% with Dreamsphere, as one of the very few who still plays Classic, I’d rather play Outlands then this ‘fresh Classic’ if you’re not selling it to even us die hard classic players, then you will indeed see your “Phresh” Vanilla servers dead in a week.

it’d take some real ‘significant change’s’ to make this work.

In this thread people who never earned rank 14 cry in an attempt to get the system changed so they can.

1 Like

I look forward to people like you eating crow very soon. (but more likely you will just slink away and never post again)

2 Likes

we shell see . although chances are I’ll post with a different char next time, I made many comments over the years but the character selection seems bugged and it made me post with this on, so who knows you might be right :joy: :rofl: :rofl:

Burning Crusade Classic is already dead not even 5 months in. Why would we want anything from that game. There’s maybe 5 realms worth playing on.

In every sense of the word, Vanilla/Classic WoW is better than World of AFK in Shattrath. No fresh realms won’t be dead . TBC will keep on dying because it sucks just like all wow expansions

4 Likes

all i want is the ability to que anywhere so i can farm while waiting. Also, horde and ally all in the same que, stop these 40 minute que timers, just mix the teams

yup, that’s is why I said it. I saw the change they made and how it solved the problem, they just need to implement it into Classic SoM and Era

LOL. Crusade/Wrath are garbage. It’s funny how people kept clamoring that the burning crusade is the best version of wow before BCC released. It’s dead. There’s 5 realms that have respectable populations. Rest of them are slowly moving to 99/1 ghost towns. Crusade/Wrath and garbage and the first step towards retail. Do you even play it lol?

Classic is true world of warcraft. There’s a reason why they are releasing these fresh realms. BCC and retail are so dead and reviled.

1 Like

Again. It’s dead. Go check realm pops on Ironforge.pro. Put NA. Look at the realms. Look at faction balance. Play the actual game. It’s people raid loggin and afking in Shattrah. The world is dead.

There’s no changes/fixes to take from it. It took an MMORPG and made it into instancecraft just like retail. Except it’s less instances. It’s a dead game that’s getting deader by the day.

Classic wow is an actual MMORPG. 5 months in, it was booming. 5 months in. BCC is already on it’s last legs. The new phase was just introduced to stop the bleeding and already failed miserably.

Crusade introduced great things. Boosts/Store mounts/Flying/a miniscule world that no one even spends time in. It’s crap. Please go back to it and don’t suggest its garbage here.

3 Likes

They would not need to disable new races. just professions and portal. For this version you are asking for. Alliance keeps shaman and horde keeps pally. I am a NO change player. but this is not that bad of an idea. Just like the merge seasonal servers p6 to main server so the p6 raids never die out. Fresh meat every year to keep the farming and gear grind going.

1 Like

just play tbc

ok thanks.

2 Likes

Thank you.

Keep everything TBC away from Season of Mastery, please.