Would you rather?

Play vanilla again with Wrath talents and skills? No skills available past 60, so no commanding shout, Seed of Corruption, ect.

Or

Play Wrath with vanilla skills and talent trees? Again no new skills past 60 since they don’t exist.

none of those options is especially appealing.

if you do the wrath trees, there are so many +% damage or healing or damage reduction talents that it will choke a yak, and if they were simply deleted and the base abilities tuned properly from the start; the game would be better for it.

the problem with a lot of those talents is that you absolutely must take them.

there are other mistakes in the designs in all 3 versions of classic wow, vanilla BC and Wrath, this being increased range or area of effect of abilities… huge
mistake.

TLDR, none of the talent trees are all that great and they all need things fixed; where to start is the problem.

Additionally certain stats are far too powerful in classic (all 3 versions) Mostly Attack power, feral attack power, spell damage and healing , and bonus healing; (wrath spell power) these stats are insanely over budget.

further, ill take it one further; bonus spell damage should have never included healing and healing should never have included damage; also the bonus healing or damage associated with talents that scale strength or attack power in wrath are a big mistake.

other stats like MP5 and spirit needed better scaling, they should have been far better stats.

there is so much wrong with wow in terms of that kinda tuning

Nether, wrath is an AOE spam fest and removing seed of corruption will not change all the other AOE abilities being in the game. Thunderclap will still do tons of threat and be AOE and paladins will do absurd threat as will druids.

Mages will do arcane explosion spam and groups will just AOE everything down. Making classic/vanilla even more of a joke than it is. You would be able to solo tank most of the raids due to all the cooldowns and would only need a second tank for very specific fights and still need tanks for 4h but I think you could get away with less tanks due to ranged taunt and glyphs to make taunt never miss.

Wrath with classic talents and skills sounds like pain, no ability to AOE in an expansion designed for massive AOE and not enough tanks to pick everything up due to raid size.

Vanilla (and everything in it) is bad…like really bad. I’d not play wrath at all if it had crap vanilla talents.

I might consider playing vanilla if they revamped the entire talent trees, and fixed gear itemization so over half of it doesn’t get DE’d.

Level 60 with TBC talent trees, okay.
Level 60 with WoTLK talent trees, nah.

talent trees didnt exist in vanilla

I would get down on that for sure.

Id rather play a version of retail with same class design, but the game being polished like classic is and not a complete dumpster fire.

I’m still excited for wrath though.

Are Wrath talents pretty meh or something?

1 Like

As an example, Blizzard nerfed Resto Druids by moving Insect Swarm and Feral Charge from 11-point to 21-point talents. Feral Charge was buffed to give cats lolshadowstep, but Insect Swarm is still a totally unremarkable DoT (for soloing/PVP).

Blizzard also mangled the Feral tree by trying to make players choose whether they wanted to be Bear (PVE), Cat (PVE), or Cat (PVP). Instead of the more ‘generalist’ approach for Vanilla/TBC, WoTLK Feral is more ‘specialized’. I, for one, hated it so much I dropped Feral entirely and was Balance/Resto and Resto/Balance for Level 80.

I for one didn’t mind ‘cat’ or ‘bear’ choices in WOTLK. I’m a cat DPS, but consistently get asked to tank, because TBC talents allow me to tank even though i’m primarily a cat. In WOTLK, i can just be like ‘nope, i have cat talents, can’t tank’.

My issue with WOTLK feral is a generic buff to weave into our rotation, Savage Roar. It should’ve just been a talent that increases damage while in cat form by 30% at all times, rather than giving us a ‘Slice and Dice’ talent like rogues have. Thats the least they could do after making cat absolutely terrible in Vanilla, and still making us power shift in TBC.

I also hate the new cat form model in WOTLK.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.