Meme specs no more

Same. There are still plenty of good non BiS items for those specs to use.

the crit bonus given does not outweigh the poor dmg. We tested it with boomkin and 4 mages, boomkin 4 warlocks, boomkin w/ 3 locks and ele shaman. The buff plus Boomkin dps is still less than both a warlock and mage. That should tell you how bad they are

Ya if I play it’ll be like no spriests, rets, afflictions, boomkins, prot paladins, arms. If they wanna play that stuff they can stay in PVP no point in making challenging content more challenging by carrying bad specs.

1 Like

why are you such a negative Nancy wherever you go? 2416 posts of just nonsense, what are you doing with your time?

5 Likes

But why do they have to be meme specs? What’s wrong with a gentle tweak so they can compete? If the raid gets cleared why does it have to matter so much? If jack goes out and gets the gear from dungeons and puts the effort in and the group doesn’t need a healer why can’t he go Ret this week? Why can’t he play to have fun in the game he PAID for?

5 Likes

If they hosted with the crusade patch, there would be no “meme specs.”

Removing WBs will make meme spec damage more relevant and not as bad as compared to the rest of the raid. So it will be more likely to have meme specs because they will at least do similar DPS to other classes. The range of DPS will be squished, with a lot lower top DPS from warriors and rogues.

that is an interesting theory and I am curious to see how it ends up

You are delusional if you think that’s how this is going to play out. Longer fights, harder bosses, limited time frame to get loot before the next raid, more guilds will need to min/max this time around which means stacking top dps classes and specs as well as more warriors and rogues since they do not go oom. For all my fellow hybrids, I hope you are correct but I think you are on some seriously good stuff if you think more meme specs will be taken. It is going to be 10x worse this time around

1 Like

My guild’s top healer in AQ and Naxx was our Rdruid.

We are sweaty raiders that one shot all of AQ week 1, cleared Sapphiron and KT week 1 on our 3rd attempt on each, etc, so it’s not like the other healers were bad or anything. Just our Rdruid was a very very good player.

Actually for most of Naxx we ran with 2 rdruids, and the other guy wasn’t at the same level but he was still fine. Middle of the pack.

This is all true, but the even bigger impact on “the meta” will be removal of debuff cap.

Could be, could not be.

Less loot tends to favor not stacking. Who wants to be warrior number 10 when there’s even less loot to go around. Raid splits don’t solve that.

We still don’t know what kill times will be like. Mana could be a major or minor issue considering.

This is a good point, less class stacking to avoid competition and avoid loot drama potentially might leave a couple of spots open, that in mind I don’t see more then 1 maybe 2 meme specs if they add more

Could an ele sham be viable in a lock group now seeing as their threat and sustain will be much higher with no debuff limit and life tap for longer fights?

TBC pre patch talents would be too much to ask for in regards to SOM, but if they made a classic + server in the future with TBC talents I’m sure it would have a massive following.
As for SoM, at the very least if they could add some mana efficiency talents to the hybrids that alone could make them viable. Not damage abilities, just some mana efficiencies since fights will be longer In SOM. I love the meme specs more than anything, those one off’s made classic a lot of fun back in the day. Not so much PvE, but a good ele shaman or shadow priest were monsters in pvp.

2 Likes

No, removal of debuff cap won’t have a big impact at all.

I don’t think people understand that theorycrafters have already gone through iterations where classes have full ability to use their skills. It’s not like warlock theorycrafters purposely ignore the dots because of the previous debuff limit.

The fact is, warlocks do more damage with sbolt spam, PERIOD. There is not some mystery to uncover now that there isn’t a debuff limit. Throwing in dots is a waste of a GCD.

Removal simply allows specs like Spriest or Enh sham not push off better debuffs. In the end, however, their DPS is not so markedly improved to have any impact.

1 Like

It would make classic a lot more interesting if the meme specs were more viable. The best argument that i’ve heard against them is that without world buffs they’ll all be oom too fast to make their dps worth bringing. Prot pallies in classic would be huge if they could become viable.

4 Likes

They are 1/2 way there. No personal buff limit. Just need to have more than one available to be on a target then druid will be OP.

If they had Tier sets for each spec. I would totally play again.

Personally, I think this is probably the easiest, most viable, answer to solving the spec problem. Hard to balance the talent tree at this point but providing set bonuses for other specs would go a long way. Even tougher though now is that no one knows how the loot drops will be. Does it even make sense to give T2 Priest drops to a Shadow Priest vs. improving your Holy/Disc Priests? Probably not. These changes would’ve been a far better choice for a “standard length” Fresh Classic.

Would definitely be interesting and the bonuses can focus on the clear shortcomings of each spec, e.g., mana issues with shadow priests.