If you can go back to August 2019

nice job/ideas.

Me:

Added content after Naxx rather then Seasons. Free mounts (different looks) for each class. Easier rep grinds for faction mounts. More endgame content for people who don’t have time for raids.

3 Likes

Resist the opening night urge to create so many servers so that they don’t end up dead later down the road. Create a few servers per region with adaptable layering technology and faction balancing which locks new character creation after a certain point.

1 Like

I would add all the SoM changes

I’d changed all the tactics of raids and dungeon’s and made em a little dynamic too, so those pesky people who played private servers and knew how to ‘beat the game’ would have felt what it was to ‘try’ again. the Pvp ranking system would have been put to the token system like it was before classic BC realise (obviously though with needing at least Exalted in wsg etc for purchase of the Epic gear)

Also go heavily on banning bots or gold sellers and would have had a zero tolerance to in game abuse, to create a non toxic environment. :beers:

2 Likes

yeah the bots were/are out of hand. I would also like to see Blizz do something about players who just randomly abuse others.

1 Like

PER-FACTION login queues on every server.

NO LAYERING.

NO SERVER TRANSFERS.

#NOCHANGES

5 Likes

This would be a change.

This would be a change.

:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I probably wouldn’t leave 1.1 lol

Vanilla did not have paid server transfers originally. People rerolled if they wanted to migrate.

Yes, the per-faction login queues would be a change

An alternative would be no x-realm BGs. That would quickly balance factions on a per realm basis.

In fact, I forgot entirely that if Blizzard took the #nochanges approach to x-realm BGs to begin with, then faction populations wouldn’t be a problem at all.

Faction populations are the biggest problem that exists in TBC, and they’re 100% a direct result of Blizzard’s foolish modern day meddling without thinking through the checks and balances.

1 Like

I’d start with the honor system in place from Phase 1, with a total 12-month timeline for all phases. I’d add 25% 40% bonus XP to quests, and make World Buffs not apply within raids.

I would have played a warrior or rogue instead of a shadow priest. LMAO

Mid-2006. During Vanilla.

1 Like

Yes, around 18 months after the game originally launched

The key word in my post is “originally”

Classic is based off of 1.12.

1 Like

I already made a thread that answers this.

yes

yes

yes

Lists changes and then says #nochanges. lol

• No world buffs.
  • Buff meme specs because why repeat the same nonsense of vanilla.
  • kill bots

black lotus randomly in other herbs
hunters getting full benefit of wbuffs at the start
chrono boon at the start
nerf mage boosting

But with that being said. Id play a fresh replica of what we just had. The funnest part for me was consuming content with every other player from 1-60. And then making the power creep of phase 1 into phase 2.

Nowbuffs slow raid prof plus 12 month life cycle is recipe for disaster

I’d just leave it as is, but actually roll a gnome warlock as was my original plan and not get in with that toxic guild master I had the first 2 months of Classic. That’s what I care about, hence my excitement for SoM.

Add in Hyjal and Uldum zones (uniquely designed for a pre-cataclysm Azeroth), some more 5 and 10 man dungeons. Create a playable Scourge faction + exclusive death knight and necromancer classes. No nerfs or removal of content like SoM, but instead add more stuff. Flip the meta on its head, get people interested in trying new things and approaching things differently.