No Balance Changes? Literally just delete SoM

If we wanted to play the same game over and over again we’d still be playing classic. This is hilariously half-assed.

17 Likes

While I do not agree with “just delete SoM”, I do agree that not doing balance changes is a massive mistake and they will soon learn that

15 Likes

It’s a terrible pointless plan that’s just going to result in more empty classic realms. We need less realms, not more. I tried to suggest a way of doing this that would be different and perhaps worth playing or survive long term. Until they do that… they’re just running in circles.

2 Likes

classic is fun because every class is so unique, if you want to play a copy paste of every class with different names for the same abilities play retail

13 Likes

Yes because giving a Spriest more MP5 totallyyyy makes them the same as a mage and warlock, and reducing mana cost for Boomkins and giving them a tad bit of MP5 makes them the same as Spriest, warlock, and mage, oh oh and giving paladins an increased threat modifier makes them justttttt like warriors. Oh yea and making druid HoTs stack makes them identical to priest, Rshamans, and Hpaladins. Yea you’re right, those changes make them alllll the same.

10 Likes

classic era servers are on phase 6 with next to zero population
that’s why we aren’t playing them
hope this helps

9 Likes

you play a hybrid you pay the tax, you cant expect to play a class that can fulfill multiple roles and be extraordinary at all of them

7 Likes

I really do hope they make some changes to the hybrid classes. I will probably play casually when it’s out.

1 Like

Making them viable does not make them extraordinary you dunce. Shall we google the definition of those two terms? Will that help you understand? No it probably won’t cause you’re too thick

11 Likes

if you feel like hybrids are too weak, don’t play them. like psychotik said:

somewhere along the road to retail, people forgot this simple truth

5 Likes

It’s not the same game, and it’s not half-assed. It’s just enough changes (mainly the raid changes and the quest xp bonus) to do exactly what they intend - get lots of subs for about a year. After that, maybe they will tweak a few more things (like class balance) and do it all over again.

Y’all need to stop acting/thinking like Blizz is your kindly uncle and realize it is a laser-focused for-profit company. Everything it does is in the interest of the almighty $. Whatever seems dumb/stupid/inept to you on the surface is, in all likelihood, simply a result of a ROI (that’s Return On Investment for the financially illiterate) calculation.

Start viewing everything first through that lens, and it vastly changes your perspective.

3 Likes

Which is why I’m suggested If they give us wrath classes with 60 talent points All the classes problems are solved.

And there’s no mean specs and it would shake up the metatremendously And with 60 talent points we would still be weaker so well we’re not gods.

2 Likes

Except the issue is that aside from healing they are so weak in other areas that they almost can’t is the thing, I’m not saying I want Ret Paladin to be top DPS, but what is wrong with wanting them to be viable enough to be allowed, your argument would be solid if the other specs on a hybrid could actually be brought and perform.

I feel like people assume balancing means they want retail levels of balancing, but we don’t we just want minor enough changes so the meta shifts enough to allow true player freedom, the true sense of being allowed to play what we want.

7 Likes

because if ret DPS doesn’t suck, then actual melee dps like rogues become less favored.

They already had their version, and if a Ret being a little more viable effects them that bad then frankly maybe the class isn’t that fun or that good.

Like I said I’m not sitting here crying out for us to be as good as other melee, or better, I just am asking for a small tweak to give us a chance.

6 Likes

Not really, you can see in tbc that the top dps classes are still highly favoured… But you still bring the hybrid dps because although they can’t hang with them on the meters, they pump hard enough to justify bringing and their buffs make up the short comings of their dps.

In classic their dps is so abysmal that they just aren’t allowed. Which goes back to what we are asking for. Small tweaks such as mana regen to help them last a fight. None of us are asking for the hybrids to top dps.

6 Likes

they are allowed, they just have to be healers. as it should be.
i’m sorry but if you guys want muh pally DPS, go back to that super fun and totally not boring TBC classic.

1 Like

So going off that, then warriors shouldn’t be allowed to dps and only tank?

7 Likes

warriors are not a hybrid class. they specialize in melee.

I also find it funny you keep saying go back to tbc when you have stated you didn’t even play classic lol

10 Likes