SoM tanking

Prove it to me, if it is so ironic. I will be waiting on your answer

We obviously define mediocrity differently, since you pretty much define it from my perspective, based on how you say you choose to play the game (on strict training wheels). But, have fun if that is what floats your boat.

And what I am telling you is, by claiming top speedrunner guilds that they are mediocre for using world buffs because speed runs are fun, that you automatically qualify for ignorance. That is like saying APES or Progress are terrible because they use world buffs, while unironically also having the best of their class pvpers, even having some Carry over to glad and r1 in tbc. We can do this though, what was your Main-Server back on classic?

1 Like

Hey, we just prefer/enjoy different things in the game. Have fun.

Yeah, you have a point there. But honestly, are world firsts really worth having to listen to Maitoz or laty for any period of time lol. There’s only so much euro-NEET screeching and magic disco a man can take

2 Likes

You embody what is wrong with the society. The amount of pure ignorance that you type, for a player that never played classic is astounding.

You never played a druid, nor saw one in a raid.

The reason they cant stack heals is because the engine didn’t allow it back then, not because of balance. Same for debuff etc.

2 Likes

You should see Druids in WoW Classic, they’re great at tanking. I tanked all the way up to AQ40 as a bear tank and had no issue. I would like to see Palidan tanking somewhat more viable COUGH COUGH taunt.

Yo this is part of retro gaming. People still play and compete in tournaments for Street Fighter 2, and its the same as it was in the 90s. Just because its an old game doesn’t mean it needs to be patched to be played in modern times.

1 Like

We do have a retro version of the game though in classic era. That game is there for those who want world buffs and very limited changes to the original game. SoM is for people who enjoyed classic, but realised that certain changes are much needed to make the game more vanilla like.

Mage boosting, wbuff stacking, warrior stacking were never a thing in vanilla. There wasnt a whole bunch of warrior dps back in the day and a lot of them played arms and believed it to be the better dps spec.

The game has been grinded down to the bone. The majority seem to want these changes because those of us who have put the time in to actually play wow classic know that the game we played had many major issues, mainly due to us as the players being too strict with the meta. But that is the way people play games now so the meta needs changes to accommodate for us as the players ruining a lot of the experience of the game.

boy if you’re getting an adrenaline rush from braindead classic raiding you have just about the most boring life imaginable

Literal bot replying to me on some retail nonsense toon. Imagine flaming classic but ur gonna play it again

1 Like

2 digit iq’er can’t differentiate between playing a game and mocking someone for a self proclaimed ‘adrenaline rush’ from the easiest content humanly possible. Absolutely hilarious

show any evidence for this whatsoever

Who was your main-server in classic

1 Like

I cant post link but you can google that quote from a dev back then :

World of Warcraft doesn’t currently support an unlimited number of debuffs, but such is something that could be possible through change to our code. However, such code change would take valuable programmer time, which is best used elsewhere for the time being.

This one is about debuff limit, but I know that it was the same problem for same buff/debuff applying to the same target.

1 Like

Funny thing is, stacking 5 hots on a tank would still be far less efficient / effective than 5 paladins just spamming flash of light.

The changes you are looking for are in the crusade patch.

huh that’s a good idea. Maybe we could bolster a new class to tank, so we have more tanking options.

How about shaman tanking? sounds wild I know.

Irregardless of design, players have discovered ways to optimize feral druids. To the point that having one in a 40 man team is optimal. Feral tanks with mcp are threat gen machines. Not to mention safe threat gen machines. For a warrior to match druid threat, they have to be fury prot, dual wielding, and popping cds.

1 Like

this post has a fixation on one certain aspect of gaming (and life, too) and that is, romanticizing what you “aren’t currently”
warrior will complain they can’t sustain themselves.
druids will complain they can’t be warrior tanks.
rogues will complain they can’t pve like they can pvp.
warlocks will complain they can’t be a mage and drop threat.
mages will complain they need a nerf…
hunters will complain their pet gets in the way half the time.
and priests will complain their healbots.
in the end, all classes suffer from one thing, and that’s analyzing it too far.
and in the end, all classes have positives and negatives,
you as the player in the Season of Mastery have to master which is your own maximum enjoyment, i think thats easily the point of this