Why its hard to take SoM seriously

There are people that legit invested their whole egos into this fresh, it’s been breathtaking to behold.

5 Likes

I love SoM. I’ve been able to run normal dungeon groups no problem unlike Classic.

1 Like

Lol what are you talking about?

I hear ya there. It’s just a game.

1 Like

tf? how did you do rank 14 4 times? what do you do irl?

1. Unnecessary classic realms.
  2. Pointless/stupid changes.
  3. Ironman mode on a MMO; lul.

After this gimmick runs its course, maybe one day we can get a version of classic hosted with the crusade patch. Now that would be exciting.

2 Likes

Why?

The av mace isn’t even as good as MC 2hander and BWL leaves it behind completely…

So you’re okay with pve’rs getting purples rained down on them with ease every week but pvp’rs are suppose to fight in green gear?

2 Likes

nobody says “it’s just a game” when his team is winning.

3 Likes

Why take it seriously? It’s the second rerelease of a 15 year old game. Enjoy the journey, have fun without having to worry about getting the next level, skill, or purple item drop.

6 Likes

that would be even worse than SoM as it is now… lol

2 Likes

That was me. What I said IS going to happen. We can all enjoy the show till then, but any “som” blizzard makes is always going to end up being the same way. All they have to do is rerelease 2019 with boost nerfs and delete world buffs upon lock summon and gg, the game will last it’s shelf life. I mean literally the only reason I’m playing is because fast rank, which coincidentally kinda kills the game in a few ways. Kek

2 Likes

I think I see your problem.

2 Likes

Agree with this thread.

The early PvP sweat is not good for the game.

It woulda been interesting (and tbh a similar power curve as R10 PvP gear) to have the T0.5 set available at the start but not ranking yet. That way people would at least be doing dungeons and stuff out in the world again instead of sitting in AV.

I farmed AV lastnight to get honored so that I could have a few free blue items for when I hit level 55 lol (neck, belt, cloak). It’s cheesy as hell. Unfortunately it also feels like a bit of a waste of time to do dungeons when I could just put my time into ranking, since the rank 8 legs and rank 10 helm/shoulders are better than anything you can get in dungeons, including T0.5. I am still undecided if I want to do that though. But at the very least I will make sure I have DJB and TUF as soon as I hit 60 hahah. Totally ridiculous.

Ranking is still a real commitment though. You’ve gotta dedicate yourself for weeks, even with the accelerated RP gains. So I may delay my push to later. Probably ought to do more PvE and gold grinding so I can secure cheapish edgies early… I think that’s the play. Edgies will only get more expensive, while ranking later will be a little easier than it is right now.

1 Like

Yep all the changes in MC are invalided by easy to obtain rank gear. Having ranking on release was a MAJOR mistake that was also screwed up beyond belief.

This season is effectively ruined already. No one is doing MC because of ranking. Only 3 guilds have cleared it.

It seems weird to go to the trouble of making a bunch of raid changes to early raids and then make them less valuable by adding dire maul, rank gear, and T0.5 gear on release.

5 Likes

This clown is delusional at the very least. Has no idea what a video game even is. Literally thinks people who rank shouldn’t be able to bring their gear into raids lmao.

Well only level 38 and reading some of these threads make me not want to waste anymore of my time and just cancel sub which I most likely will be doing after I make this post

4 Likes

From the videos of watching people do MC, it also seems like its more work to prepare for it with consumes, which probably destroys the incentive of early raiding.

It’s Chocolate time! :chocolate_bar:

Yep, the only people who wanted a hardmode mc coincidentally are the people still lvl30-40 as well.

3 Likes

Yep the vocal minority ruins the game for everyone again.

Literally no one wanted harder raids in classic outside of retail Andy’s who don’t even play classic but complain about it on the forum.

People just wanted fresh with fixes to things that sucked in classic.

These are the things people actually wanted:

1. Remove WBs in raids (which was one of the good changes done). WBs ruined classic more than anything else
  2. Faster pace
  3. No P2 from classic (i.e. ranking without BGs open) which made tons of people quit because they couldn’t quest or do anything open world
  4. Revised ranking system (not the messed up system we have in SoM)
  5. Bug fixes to fix vanilla bugs still in classic (warrior flask, etc)
  6. Mage boost nerfs (one of the other good changes in SoM)
  7. BG fixes in classic (fix AV so it isn’t Drek or Kek)
  8. Faster leveling (good SoM change)
  9. Botting crackdown
  10. Exploit fixes from classic (BRD pickpocketing for gold, solo DMT runs)
  11. Maybe some gear stat fixes to fix some of gearing in early classic
  12. Better professions (make crafted gear more relevant)
  13. Faction balance enforcement on servers (i.e. prevent people from making characters on a faction if that faction is overpopulated on the server)
  14. Small nerf to melee power since they were too strong in classic
  15. Small buff to meme specs to make them more relevant
  16. Dual spec (although I don’t think this is a good idea in classic myself)

What almost no one wanted:

1. Harder raids (as evidenced by very few raiding and clearing MC)
  2. Dire maul in P1
  3. T0.5 on release (rogue set is P4 BIS and too strong for P1)
  4. Ranking in P1
  5. Degenerate ranking system with double decay
  6. Giant mega servers (20k players) with no layering where you have to fight over every single quest mob (the zones in classic are not meant for 100s of people to be questing at once)
  7. NAX level consumes required to clear MC
13 Likes

It’s just the easiest way for Blizzard to release fresh.

They probably have an intern working on SoM

1 Like