Give paladins a taunt for seasonal fresh

ding ding ding. It was insane how much hate paladins and druids got in Era, there is no need for it. This dudes brain just lacks critical thinking. Paladins and Druid players arent asking to be the new meta, or top dog. They want to be VIABLE and COMPETITIVE. EI: Slight bumps where they can tank raids, where they are accepted as dps in raids

2 Likes

that’s just how it is for paladins in vanilla classic. believe me, i know. i played one 15 years ago. you’re a jack of all trades, so most of the time, people are going to want someone who can specialize for the important job of tanking. and your dps will never be as good as a pure dps class. so what does that leave? well, healing and buffing. that’s just how it has to be. you can still be ret in 5 man dungeons or PvP. I’ve seen it done plenty of times. maybe you should just roll a different class. honestly, we could use fewer paladins if I’m being perfectly frank. try a warlock for those DoTs.

1 Like

@Arielba any chance you want to chat? looking for people like you for a classic guild add me Subjektive#11758

Again, I’m fine with that, I accept that, but when it moves from that to borderline toxic harassment I think that is when it becomes unfair and not right, don’t belittle someone and make them feel less because they want to have fun, especially in a BG or a dungeon.

I mean, you may be missing the strength of paladin healing. I imagine without world buffs, pally mana efficiency will really shine.

—-

But also, there’s no real point in making assumptions as to what experience people have based on a forum avatar.

Anyway, you’re probably right that we won’t be getting a taunt for Paladins, but it’s an interesting thing to consider imo.

This is in the crusade patch.

This is a great idea, adding better seals for rets, the mana regen on heal, crusader strike, and maybe a seal of martyr would all be great additions.

too bad it’s not inline with SoM’s design goals of added difficulty.

I can’t help but agree heavily with this, because then a Ret paladin plays with warriors in the same playground, the better geared will do better where as right now a better geared Ret pally simply still can’t compete, top that with a Ret paladin would be hard pressed to even get loot because the meta dictates they either have low priority, or won’t even see the raid as Ret.

Unfair to warriors? The class that gets the tank spot AND the top dps spot?

In a normal cycle, sure. Maybe not the case with 8 lockouts a phase

Again All this could be solved all of the classes problems could be solved if they just give us wrath classes With 60 Talent points.

Yes paladins especially rets, need major buffs as they are not powerful enough and most players agree.

If they are to add TBC like balance to prots, mana on heal received and crappy taunt, I will roll prot pala.

Only reason I would do it… for a third time. I mean, yes, I’ve done prot pally in classic and release despite not being popular pre-TBC, but it’s just annoying without a taunt and mana on heal received.

Spiritual Attunement is what we really need. With Seal of Command and the right gear on you can actually put up some decent threat, could even sprinkle in some Kings spamming. The taunt would be helpful for sure still.

Sorry but I want a better version of vanilla with all classes viable! Period the way most classes work in vanilla are boring so make it fun!

1 Like

all classes are viable.
what you want in every spec to be good at PvE dps, including PvP specs.
which is silly

Yeah that’s actually how wow should always has been. Kinda silly how some classes underperform in pve and some others in pvp

Press X to Doubt.