[Classic Fresh] - KILL Edgemaster's

except putting weaponskill back in the game, as originally intended, is way cooler and fun.

1 Like

edgemasters do not prevent you from doing this, at all. They are a BiS piece if you choose the wrong race when you start your character…and you likely won’t attain them until you are well into level 60 due to the price. The people complaining about this just don’t like that they have to pay to get them, plain and simple.

i looked and didnt find any of this info, so unless you have a source you are just making things up.

I mean, you could just roll an orc or a human and the problem is solved…

but what if I need to unleash my inner gnomeee!?

You just defined the problem, not the solution.

1 Like

Weapon skill was always deemed too strong, that’s why it got removed in TBC and was replaced by Expertise…a stat more in line with the others.

Weapon Skill IS too strong, it’s soo good that even the best gloves in the game can’t beat Edgemaster. Weapon skill is so good that not rolling human forces you to use Edgemaster.

Um no. If you are playing a class that requires weapon skill, can wear mail, wants to swing at something in melee range, and are playing in wow classic, then you have two choices. Either pick the race that saves you a bunch of gold or pony up for Edgemaster’s. You know this going in. It isn’t some grand surprise. You can, in fact, plan around this item.

There are some aspects of the game that #somechanges make sense for. This isn’t one of them. K. Thx. Bye.

You do realize that expertise is basically weapon skill right? The primary difference is that they added expertise to gear and made it harder to max it out. By and large there weren’t pieces with WS on gear in Classic, but that was balanced by the fact that you really only needed 7-8 weapon skill. Expertise is still insanely powerful for melee classes. It is simply harder to max it in the current phase of available gear than it was in Classic because you needed far less of it to max it in Classic.

And again, this is your choice. You know going in that WS is powerful. You know going in that Warriors (because let’s be real, it is mainly Warriors that need Edgemaster’s) don’t have a talent to boost it. You know full well that each faction has a race that does boost it naturally along with the weapons those races will likely covet. None of this is a mystery.

So again, either pick a race / class that doesn’t require Edgemaster’s or pony up for them. It is truly that simple.

1 Like

Expertise is a super nerfed version of Weapon Skill.

Expertise doesn’t reduce glancing blow damage like Weapon Skill does, it also doesn’t increase your chance to hit, let alone adding 3% hit when you reach 5 weapon skills (that’s huge). All Expertise does is reduce your chance to be dodged and parried, it doesn’t increase your hit and doesn’t mess with glancing blow at all.

That’s why Weapon Skill is that good, that’s why people feed the need to roll human and that’s why Edgemaster is that good.

And yet it is still the primary stat anyone who is a melee class will look for until they cap it. Why? Because Dodge / Parry are still a base percent that can only be mitigated via expertise. Those ratings have an outsized impact on your overall dps if you do not mitigate them. Expertise is also more difficult to come by than Hit gear until later phases meaning your DPS is effectively capped without it.

Straight up, if Edgemaster’s was in TBC and was something along the lines 70 expertise, it would still be required even without expertise influencing glancing blows or hit%.

my ED night elf would love one of them 4 mace skill green bows please!

i hear ya, those mace skills are awesome.

You don’t need any piece of gear to play and aren’t entitled to it.

Warden staff was garbo but that Wolfshead Helm is still being used in TBC lol

Soon I’ll be back in gnomeregan. The MCP farm is eternal.

I agree.

Item level is boring.

Lol, no

Classic is all about items being bis forever that you get early on
And that is a good thing for the game

Heres some examples
Wardens staff (druid tanking bis entire game)
Hand of justice (every melee dps bis trinket until aq40)
robes of the exalted (pretty much bis healer chest until bwl)

please link some of the items you are talking about that have weapon skill, because there are already options in the game that exist for warriors to use

Maladath
hungering cold
muggers belt
Aged core hound leather gloves
ZG sword set

If they hosted with the crusade patch, there would be no weapon skill. The items and racials would be expertise.

Right but does that come with a lot more than just “no weaponskill” is that new scaling for stats etc?

For any new druids coming up, don’t spend any gold on a warden’s staff. Get an Impervious Giant or Unstoppable Force with a weightstone. If you’re going to be tanking anything more than a 5 man use your MCP’s.

If you really insist on having an armor weapon just get an unyielding maul.

Also, run far away from anyone who tells you that Bonering Helm is good.

don’t forget about the ‘enchant lesser block’ in the conversation. I think its great that lower level stuff can still be useful in the end game for 60.