Discussion of Topics:
- Brief comparison of Baptiste if he fills into GOATS or other team comps
- “Be careful what you ask for” - Jeff Kaplan in regards to bring Brigitte to the game
- Jeff says its easy to force the meta to where its disruptive for many players in the community and they don’t want to try to do that.
- Jeff: “We think Mercy is not as dominant as she is now and is now balanced.”
- Jeff: “We have aggressively made changes to knock [Goats] 3/3 down, and specific characters who are enabling 3/3.”
- Jeff: “I am a huge fan of 2/2/2 comp and we believe this is the accepted way to play the game.”
- Jeff: “I think role queue is a great idea.”
- Jeff: “It took over two years to write the matchmaker, and if we want to pursue a role queue it will take months and months to implement a role queue, and we have people working on this now.”
- In its current state, the average queue time would go up to as much as 13 to 26 minutes in order to get a fair match in a damage role. So it is not as easy to solve. He did mention he could flip the role queue switch right now with these problems.
- It would be easy to balance the game if the game was restricted to 2/2/2
- “We would like to pursue a role queue and a 2/2/2 meta but its the scope of work required in order to make sure it works for everyone.”
- The psychological mindset of players on the PTR does not make the PTR effective to determine hero balance.
- Stylosa: “Who’s the best region Jeff?”
Jeff: “I will never answer that. I am taking that to my grave.”
- The development live ops team (Bill Warnecke’s group I believe) has an “emergency patch” ready to go if a balance change makes things in the game terribly out of whack but is not often taken advantage of. (35% Ironclad Bastion comes to mind).
That’s it, everyone! So, in summary, it is very likely one day we will get a role queue, but it will still take a very long time to make.
Jeff Kaplan has made additional comments about 2/2/2 & Role Queue in this thread: