Is forced 2-2-2 gonna be added to quickplay

You can go to arcade to play any hero you want.

We simply disagree on the best direction for the game. Me saying it’s better for player development and you saying you just want to do whatever you want are contradicting viewpoints.

You’re not going to agree with me and I’m not going to agree with you. But role queue would not effect your ability to play what you want, it would only effect the quality of team composition.

I’m not sure why you’re against having a balance team comp vs 4-5 people all wanting to do the same role most of the time. But to each his/her own.

2 Likes

They will only add forced 2-2-2 IF they add role queue. This way you will have an option to set your favorite role and then start looking for a match. And based on this you will be matched with other people, 4 being on different roles than you and 1 person with the same rule.

I don’t see the problem in it because this way YOU WILL play the role you want no matter what because IT IS THE ROLE YOU QUEUED AS.

The only thing that could happen is that the other person with the same role as you picks the exact same hero you wanted to play.

Right now in QP if you’d like to play hero X there would be 5 people possible to pick the exact same hero. With a role queue and forced 2-2-2 which will most likely be implemented together there will be just one out of 5 who is playing the same role as you and is “allowed” to. So only one more person contesting the same hero pool as you which you will 100% play as long as you didn’t pick another role you want to play as if you don’t want to play it.

Like seriously, I am also kinda suspicious of a forced 2-2-2 but a role queue will not harm this at all. They will probably add a flex role queue where you just fill.

nah thats usually not how role queue works

you get to pick a couple roles, or all 3, and rank your preferences. You might not get to play your role one game, but usually will the game after, for instance.

did you read what i wrote down?

I hope they do it as a separate mode, or at least in Arcade

QP/Comp/2-2-2/Arcade

or

QP/Comp/Arcade(2-2-2)

for point A

jeff already said in interview that role que would come with 2-2-2 so no youd always get to play the dps if you chose to play dps during que, or tank or support or whateer you wouldn’t be forced to play support if you didn’t role que as support…

as for point b ehh that would probably be the only issue… but I mean its quickplay theres gonna be a widowmaker so still shouldn’t be an issue.

i’m fine with role queue, i’m just worried of forced 2-2-2 being added because jeff keeps comparing forcing 2-2-2 to removing hero stacking which they did in quickplay.

i’m not talking about role queue. if 2-2-2 if part of role queue thats fine. but i don’t want 2-2-2 forced in quickplay .

There is game modes already for people like you. That game mode isn’t quickplay, and people like you are why quick play is terrible.

1 Like

i’m terrible for wanting to have a consistent fun game mode that isn’t limited to a weekly rotation like arcade?

1 Like

Except that isn’t what you are asking for. Quick play is currently as consistent as any arcade mode.

Currently if you want to learn how the game is really played, you have to play Comp. There is nothing in the game that facilitates learning the game, especially for healers/tanks. Cause Quick play is often 4-5 DPS who are ‘learning a hero’ AKA how to respawn.

and what if you aren’t trying to play comp? your assuming that anyone who plays quickplay is only playing it to prepare for competitive. and limiting the current quickplay to an arcade mode is a bad idea, because arcade modes constantly rotate meaning your not gonna be able to play quickplay the entire time.

1 Like

What if you aren’t trying to play comp, but still want at least a tiny attempt at team play and group composition? There is nothing for that. Limiting current quick play to an arcade mode isn’t a bad idea. A bad idea is to keep QP as is cause it does nothing to teach people how the game is played.

yes it is. because again arcades constantly switch out meaning that quickplay isn’t gonna be available all the time.

if you want a tiny attempt the game already tells you when you have too many or not enough of certain roles. and forcing 2-2-2 isn’t a “tiny attempt”

1 Like

You wouldn’t care though. Cause you are having a ‘fun chill and relaxing’ gameplay experience right? So you don’t need the team oriented gameplay that 2-2-2 would create.

This is just LOL.

Even with forced 2-2-2 there is no guarantee that they will try playing as a team. It however does facilitate it much easier. 5 DPS comps in QP aren’t ‘playing as a team’ or ‘teamwork’ it is “Hope my DPS is better than theirs”.

Go play arcade. It accomplishes TDM much better.

Because its a team game, that plenty of folks have been playing wrong for so long, they dont even understand what they are doing is killing the game off.

do you not understand the problem? the problem is not being guaranteed the play the same game mode all the time. making it part of the arcade would be a problem.

yeah it wouldn’t fix anything. it would not change the mentality of people for insta lock dps. you would HAVE to rely on them to change their hero. and of you ended up getting a hanzo main and widow main then you can’t really do anything about it.

YOU DON"T UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM. the problem is that quickplay being part of arcade would make it temporary. not available all the time. do you not get that?

1 Like

Okay. Why is your way of playing the game more important than mine? You are the one who doesn’t understand.

It would change things. Cause good tank/support players are what runs the game. You can get terrible DPS and still win. You can NOT WIN with bad Tanks/Healers.

Not my problem if it happens?

ok, well that wouldn;t really stop people from “playing the game wrong” like if your 2 dps choose to play hanzo and widow and refuse to switch. and people who couldn’t get the role they want would “soft throw” or just suck at the game.
or heck people already report symmetra players for player her. if 2-2-2 was added than that symmetra player would get even more toxicity because they are literally taking up a dps slot.

Who cares about team comps in QP. Game mode literally makes plats play against Top500 players stacking with friends.
It really doesn’t matter what people do. If one team has better players it will win even with 6 DPS.

1 Like