2-2-2 should have been forced from the start

2-2-2 would be fine, but what if we just put a limit on dps heroes? 3 max? half your team consisting out of one role would be more than enough

By all means, inform me of what those “variety of reasons” are and I’ll actually consider your opinion. But in the meantime, I’ll leave you with this:

Speak for yourself, because I and MANY other players do use the Looking for Group system and have had success in doing so.

And as far as what Jeff has to say about 222 Comps, he doesn’t get to decide the direction of Overwatch - the players do.

There’s no way, how can that be true? Great question and I’m glad you asked. Simply because that’s where the money comes from and at the end of the day it’s a business.

I can totally see them changing heroes to better fit their role as a result. Nerf support and tank damage output, buff the off healing like Zen and Lucio, etc. It makes sense if roles are going to be more strict, they should nerf the hybrids and make them more like their actual role.

how do you know forced 2-2-2 won’t come?

are you okay? i’m not sure whats so funny about wanting a game to be fun.

They want to do it through role queue and that’s taking months to make rather then a simple lock 2-2-2 every game which could be done right now.

The deal was altered. Pray it isn’t altered any further…

Not to say that is my opinion, but I had to fill in the line.

1 Like

Alright… I love it…!

2/2/2 is gross. Better hope your 2 dps can play a hitscan if you need one. Better hope you don’t get two offtank mains. Better hope you don’t get 2 dps who both want Genji, because lord knows there aren’t any Genji one tricks out there. Better hope you get an Ana healer, otherwise you won’t have a main healer because who wants to play Mercy or Moira? etc.

1 Like

People think 2-2-2 is going to save their butts. Enjoy having Roadhog,Wrecking Ball, Symmetra, Torb, Brigitte, and Luico type BS in y’all’s games. Because this community deserves the worst things possible. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Right now the chance of getting screwed over by a 4-5 dps main team is much higher than not having a Pharah counter or Main Healer player in 2/2/2.

If Pharah counters and Main Healer shortage are really our biggest concerns with 2/2/2 Role Queue I am pretty sure that it will work out just fine.

1 Like

Have you ever played a match with a Roadhog and D.va? Those are two offtanks people like to one trick. It’s super fun when the enemy team has all their ults every fight.

1 Like

It’s funny, because the very thing that is destroying this game since dec. 2015. is the thing you egomaniacs find to be fun. But, ok, keep conflating preference with objectivity.

Even though I can play Main Tanks as well as Off-Tanks:
Yes I have.

It is a lot of fun to eat 1-2 enemy Ults every single team fight :stuck_out_tongue:

Also they are taking several month to implement this system properly.
Maybe there will be something to prevent Off-Tanks or One-Trick of the same hero to be matched on the same team?

TRUTH. Its always been the case that if you cut a healer or a tank, you are looking to lose.

It’s not going to be the solution to the problems of overwatch community. You will end up with people doing duo queues. widow + hanzo or hammond + hog and they wont be the DPS or tank you NEED atm and people will still ragequit and throw matches. Also it will LIMIT your team options to adjust to what the enemy team has. Maybe you have a teammate the can solo heal or tank enough to hold down the role by themselves and the other person would be better to help dps but won’t be able to switch roles. 2-2-2 is not the end all be all solution any more then 3-3 or 4-1-1 is.

1 Like

lol thats brave. Very brave indeed.

i mean you could of at least said that instead laughing like a creep.

I am sorry, but what else is there to do? I mean, that stands out on its own. You can’t tell me that OW is or was ever in a good place. You were conflating fun with something that is one of those contradictory designs. Some of those designs have to go. It doesn’t have to be hero picking liberty, but something has to.
At least try to have an honest exchange, this whole thread you are steering into a certain direction. I like free switching, but I am approaching this with a cool head. It’s very frustrating to do that and be met with someone who is basically doing the “me likey this” thing, trying to dismiss the opposing argumentation by bait and switch (“oh, sorry, I didn’t realize you DON’T WANT TO HAVE FUN IN A VIDEO GAME”).