Solo Queue Never?

I am from Western Europe, we were told that posting on the EU forum is a pointless exercise as no one from Blizzard actually sees it. :clap: :clap:

It could be that the play style on the US severs is better, I heard the communication is better, no one really uses a mic on the EU server, could be the 60 different languages.

I would love to see a solo queue, many of the matches I play in QP involve 5/6 stack parties.

You are either just there to make up the numbers and the 5 stack doesn’t need you, they crush the enemy.

The 5 stack has 2 healers, they ignore you. :see_no_evil:

You the lone player, the 5 stack is full of trolls or terrible players, who don’t play objectively etc The match is a waste of time.

You are in a team of 6 randoms vs a 5/6 stack enemy and get crushed.

I am not saying you can’t be crushed or get a load of trolls when it’s 6 randoms vs 6 randoms but genuinely the matches without stacked groups feel more balanced.

It always feels like you lose when you are with or face a stacked group.

Or limit parties to 2/3/4/6 so there is always more than 1 solo player.

1 Like

To clarify, while the dev team doesn’t directly participate on other region’s forums. Each region has assigned community managers which help collect aggregate feedback to pass along to the devs technically. That being said nothing wrong with posting your feedback here on the U.S. forums of course.

Now as far as the whole solo queue versus team queue debate. The problem is considering how it affects matchmaking, we recently learned that the matchmaker takes a long time to develop and any changes would take months to vet out (as they are possibly planning to introduce role queue and an enforced 2-2-2 team comp in the standard rule set). And there would be some serious concerns to whether there would be any benefit to grouping up anymore if there was a dedicated solo queue in Overwatch. Heroes of the Storm used to separate their solo queue and team queue ranked games into separate ladders and it caused the team queue to have extremely long matchmaking times. Now they have combined both into the same ranked ladder (but solo queue players still have the option to the only pair with solo queue players), however, it is still causing long queue times for team queues in that game from what I understand. So realistically, for the purposes of finding matches quickly, I do not anticipate they will separate solo queue and team queues anytime soon in Overwatch.

1 Like

Agree. OW claims to be a highly competitive game, yet nothing is done about fairness when goes down to playing solo.

2 Likes

I thought you said you were from the Western Union for a minute there.

I am not aware of the population of heroes of the storm and neither that of overwatch but more players would equal quicker queue times? I would believe that OW has more players but I think not that many in Europe.

If you trial a solo queue then you have answers and facts on the matter, if it doesn’t work there’s always “we already tried that and it didn’t work”

I feel not giving players options on how they wish to play ends up being worse for the game in the long run but that’s just my opinion.

But it takes time for something like this to be built. Months in fact. The development team actually does extensive research before considering the possibility of such ideas.

If it was just a matter of giving everyone the option to play how they want, it would be in the game, but again, how does any change like this affects the whole community. Even I don’t have all of the answers. But from what I have seen from experience throughout the game’s development and changes to features, I feel given the current game ruleset, we may be looking at the best possible option.

Indeed it all takes time to develop and then to settle and level itself out but I would have thought some good extensive research is millions of players playing the game, the perfect guinea pigs, they upset some people with each patch anyway, you can never please everyone.

People might not even use the solo queue option and it will be obsolete upon arrival.

I see, an optimal experience for all.
They must have some stats on how many people tend to queue as individuals vs parties, in this case 5 stacks and I’d expect there to be vastly more solo queue individuals, without the figures it is pointless to question their choices.

maybe make some friends? I used lfg to find some players who still play regularly and befriended them.

From my experience LFG in Europe (I live there) isn’t that great, I play at 22:00-00:00 and it’s dead, search function finds 2 groups and then you have groups “RUSSIAN ONLY” “French speakers” etc

I guess I am the issue when it comes to friends, I play the game to get away from people irl to escape so like to play solo.

Well they could always add a solo queue and a 6 stack queue like they should but that wont happen.

It took them way too long to get rid of stacking characters for cryin out loud and now they are dragging their feet on 2-2-2.

I get not pumping out character changes quickly because you want the meta to happen over time (unless it is goats then you want to kill it with fire). but system changes should be something they should do quickly to help un(@#&$ the game

It may even be too late because of the drop in population

1 Like