When is 2-2-2 coming?

Any ideas when it’s coming

5 Likes

Hopefully yesterday :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There is no confirmation on any in-game features to introduce a role queue or a 2-2-2 team composition ruleset for any Overwatch game mode yet. The last news we had on this was with recent interviews with Game Director Jeff Kaplan that they are looking into the possibility and that the development team was working on rebuilding the matchmaker to adapt to the obstacles role queue would present.

I myself personally wish there was follow up news on this, and hopefully changes to Competitive regardless of what they are, do come soon.

3 Likes

if the leak is true, owl gets it in stage 4 (august). i doubt live game will get it at the same time as they probably will gather data from owl stage 4 to further tweak things. i would guess oct/nov for live.

or they could go full yolo and release both together.

1 Like

It’s definitely coming somewhere between right now and never.

1 Like

Is this what it feels like to be chosen when a dev responds to your comment? :stuck_out_tongue: I kid.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed for it is all, that’s just my opinion.

No time soon.
There has been no official announcement saying its coming.

My goal always will be to make sure to deliver what information is available to us. Otherwise rumors could go off in any direction.

1 Like

If only it was possible to make a hundred clones from you and create an “anti false rumor squad” with it that would act here at any hour on every posts that need it …

Please don’t include it at all.

Its not me you need to appeal to. I myself strongly support 2-2-2. Too many games are being lost in the hero selection screen at the start of both my Competitive and Quick Play games and it feels awful. If you have a better idea to get players to work better together, then please share.

6 Likes

Well allow me to insert my foot into my mouth if I was helping spread lies.
My goal is overwatch to have a resurgence, so keeping the community civil is the part the rest of us can play if we hope for success on both sides of the fence.

OWL can do forced 2-2-2 without needing any changes to the game

Each player can simply agree to their role and stick to it, as paid professionals with tens of thousands of people watching

Hopefully never.

1 Like

Wow I envy that. I play on EU servers and I constantly seem to get 2/2/2 comps even in QuickPlay. I just miss the good old 6 DPS or 5 DPS and 1 healer in QP.

I don’t think adding a 2/2/2 lock will help because I doubt many people like being forced to play a role without being unable to switch. If I’m feeding as one role I can switch to another. I’ve had games where I went DPS instead of having 2 tanks and we won.
With locked roles you are unable to flex and that is a big nightmare for me because I’m a flex player.
If 2/2/2 lock does get added to the game I will never play competitive again. I absolutely hate being limited to one role.

I think there should be more rewards or something that cause players to put more effort and play different roles to win games instead of not bothering.

1 Like

You were not spreading lies, but there has been a lot of talk about 2-2-2 in the last month (especially with the Overwatch League leaks about Stage 4).

Problem is 2/2/2 needs balance changes. Just suddenly locking it will turn into orisa non stop in owl too. Atm the way they beat orisa bunker comps is with 3-4 dps, which will no longer be possible.

It’s hard not to get caught up in a rumor that is offering balance and consistency , although 222 or not I’m in this with you guys for the long haul…so don’t screw it up! I kid

what i mean is that the game needs balance changes before hitting live, and they may use owl league as their guinea pig.

Yes absolutely it’s not like Jeff’s eyes shine when people even talk about it. This game is in need of 2-2-2 and hero bans as soon as possible before it’s too late.

1 Like