Can we please have role queue?

“Role lock doesn’t work in LFG, so let’s make it a default part of matchmaking”

Brilliant.

2 Likes

thanks for proving that you have no idea what you are talking about, next.

1 Like

Enlighten us then, oh knowledgeable one.
I think you’ll find you are the one that doesn’t have a clue if you honestly think forcing people into a more restrictive version of what LFG allowed will work. Explain how it’s different to LFG rolefixing and maybe

1 Like

Because 6 stacking works so well above plat and you can totally 6 stack in GM… Wait it isnt that good in Diamond/Masters, in fact its actually TERRIBLE? And you CAN’T go higher than a 2 stack in GM? Well damn…

because LFG is useless at ranks where compositions and teammates actually start to matter

Agreed.

Why is it useless? Is it because no-one uses it… because it sucks?
It is thus a failure and this is the point.

1 Like

Yeah, but LFG is pretty different to role q. The teams are made for you, which counteracts the garbage that is stacking and everyone gets to play who they want to (like LFG, but you will have to wait much less than LFG). It is literally a stronger and better LFG. I think the big issues are whether we should make a role q queue and a freedom queue and q times, but I think both of those are super solvable.

So from what I can tell, you tend to avoid stacks and you don’t have to wait for a group that has an open role for you.
In exchange you get stupid queue times which you say are solvable
My response is one question. How do you propose to solve queue times

Bearing in mind that roleQ doesn’t guarantee a good comp, Forces specific comps (which is a problem LFG didn’t have) and restricts agency.
Lets just ignore that for now and answer, how would you fix Q time issues.
I’ve heard of MatchQ and I disagree that this fixes them to an acceptable degree

1 Like

Below GM, the queue times would be 5 minutes max at decent times in a decent region, but a way to fix it is a role preference queue and although that wouldn’t be perfect it’d still be better. Before assuming queue times would be longer than 5 minutes, you’d have to atleast try it. Queues in GM rarely get over 5 minutes long already. (This has been corrected, q times would be 13-26 mins)

I’d prefer a D.Va, Hog, Widow, McCree, Brig, Lucio comp compared to 4 people who main the same hero/role.

Going off blizzard stats DPS players would have to wait 20 minutes

And a populated rank.
Now This is unnaceptable. This is straight up almost denying the right to play based on where you live. Even for me (OCE) I would be queued into NA 200 ping matches on the regular. This isn’t just or fair for players.

You’re entitled to that opinion, doesn’t fix much in my opinion

1 Like

Doesnt this already happen?

Then you havent played at a rank where compositions matter/people playing what they play best.

And you can’t swap at all. Overwatch has that. That’s another reason why role select is unnecessary.

Also perception is messed up for characters. Brigitte was considered a DPS for a bit, People consider Ham a main tank… I think Soldier was considered a Healer for a bit if I recollect. It’s a different spin on the characters that keeps this game alive…

Cause honestly it doesn’t have much else.

1 Like

Its a reason role q is MORE necessary. The freedom and randomness of matchmaking has undermined the ranked experience so much its disgusting.

I’m sorry, what?
You’re not serious right?

Played a tournament once. That count (not a joke btw)?
But seriously, I’ve played with higher ranked friends in QP and everytime I do we play proper comps. It doesn’t fix much.

The removal of such freedom would undermine the “overwatch” experience so much it’s disgusting.

1 Like

I’d argue the maps and how they work do a worse job than the hero selection.

Don’t forget hard counters and the prominence of CC

No one uses the freedom tho. They pick who they want and HEY we’re off to the races. This ‘freedom’ and ‘creativity’ BS is so underused in ranked, its pointless to have it at all anymore at this point.

No. Your logic is flawed. It is always better to have an option than none at all.

1 Like

Yes it counts, but you also werent put with random teammates who refuse to work with you and may play the exact same heroes as you or anyone else on your team?

But you can still swap HEROES, and there shouldnt be a reason to swap roles because everyone is on the role they are best at or the rank that the role belongs to.

^from the interview with Jeff …

2 Likes

To clarify kreecher’s citation. It should be elaborated that role queue times would increase if they simply “switch it on”. Right now they are working on rebuilding the matchmaker to minimize this impact.

As a personal speculation, I am anticipating that if any form of 2-2-2/role queue was added, it would have a metered system like what we have seen with Mei’s Yeti Hunt and similar to how League of Legends runs their competitive role/lane queue.

2 Likes