Make a Bloody Decision Already!

Even though lfg exists for this.

6 months - 1 year to fix a single broken hero isn’t enough? and TWO times?

making new heroes. okay for quite along time now, we are going one stale meta to another. It does not matter if the meta is fun or not. Right, but why. Always the same heroes are seeing the sun light while other’s stay benched and waiting for the right maps. The reason the meta’s are running stale, whether it is Dive or GOATS is because the heroes that are in the meta are set. If however, they decided to go, okay lets re-balance and not release new heroes until we done with if done right and properly this will a) increase the rosters usability, b) existing meta heroes will not be benched because of it but rather be an equal options. c) After they are done as you said, it is easier to balance a hero when you have certain guidelines. I could go without a new hero for a year if they really put some work in it and re-balance it with 2-2-2 in mind or not.

PTR games are dead after 2 weeks online don’t think it’s a good move maybe only in a arcade game for a real global testing popularity and improve later if needed.

1 Like

just demand 5 v 5. it’s 6v6 in a 3 role game that causes all the problems

As a reminder, it sounds like they are fairly set on transitioning the game to a 2-2-2 restricted ruleset with role queue and role-specific skill ratings for the standard Overwatch game modes (Quick Play & Competitive). It’s not confirmed but they have stated that any changes coming to Overwatch is going to take a great amount of time in order to rework the matchmaking system entirely. For more details on this I recommend you see this thread:

1 Like

They would have to drastically buff and nerf all the heroes across the board to make this possible though, or you will never see some heroes played at all. You can be certain anyone who dares play anything non-meta will be reported instantly. How would they tailor heroes like Mei, Sym, and Torb, to compete with the likes of Hanzo, Widow, and Tracer for DPS slots? How would they make it so Zarya and Rein isn’t the optimal tank pick most of the time?

This also shows one other problem, the game will get a bit stale quick with forced 2/2/2. And with a dwindling player count, with predominantly DPS players, I’m not optimistic about longer queue times if the goal is to make people want to play.

It also messes up comp for hybrid heroes. I’m a Mei main who plays tank, usually swapping between Mei, Zarya, Hog, D.VA, Rein, and Winston. This would pretty much kill my motivation for wanting to play comp.

I foresee more people leaving before the match starts if this is done.

1 Like

I’d say you’re thinking is pretty realistic then and well thought out at this point.

You nailed it on the head. It’s either going to be the cost of heroes being released or maps and skins (and maybe events) going on halt.

I respect that you’re realistic and thought out knowing something would have to go (completely or at a way slower rate).

1 Like

just make a 222 arcade mode … people who wanna play spawnsimulator with 5 dps picks can queue for qp as usual.

They’re professional developers, that obviously means that they have to predict every consequence of their actions instantly and are never allowed to make mistakes or take time to figure out what the best course of action is. /s

1 Like

sorry they are too busy working on the SuPeR DuPeR MeGa GiGa SpEcIaL ToP SeCrIt PrOjEcT™ ® of theirs to care about making the game actually not shait. And I bet it will turn out to be something that’s just like the LFG feature-good at first sight but ultimately useless. mark my words

1 Like

I agree with everything you said. Every hero needs to be playable on every map.

You should be able to make choices and have preferences and while yes there will always be stronger characters because that’s how video games work :
They should all be comparable in strenght.

1 Like

This is impossible.

Some heroes are naturally more versatile than others, and others are very good at a specific thing (Bastion). Making “every hero work in 2-2-2” would homogenize heroes AND gameplay, and make designing new heroes pointless. This was attempted in HotS and that game is now dead.

We need MORE gameplay diversity, not less.

1 Like

You don’t say?

…How embarrassing. :^)

You don’t even have the excuse of being a child to explain your over-the-top whining.

Why would they? They will start the game playing the exact role they want to play.

I can see the pros and the cons for both sides. Would having 2-2-2 as an option for comp, meaning you can sign up for that specifically when you queue for competitive (you’d also have the option to engage in competitive as it is already), work?

No it wouldn’t. The lack of an enforced comp makes balancing this game impossible. As long as you can stack roles, balancing will always be bad.

Gameplay is already very homogenized too, because they always have to consider stacking roles in balancing. This leads only to certain heroes being viable in the game and lots of heroes that barely get played.

Mei acts more as a tank than hog does.

That is the problem.

1 Like

Well duh, that’s what this whole thread is about. The OP is complaining that they need to make a decision already. And they’re sick of hearing, “We’ve thought about this and this” and “This would take some time”.

We just want an actual answer, is role queue and an enforced comp going to happen or not? Just make a decision already and let everyone know and stop being so vague.