Genji is below orisa and bastion in GM

This describes none of the heroes, btw.

Good.
20 characters.

Since no one posted itā€¦

Yeah, itā€™s a bit sad at this point, people want to play something but canā€™t, and this is not just a couple of people, itā€™s a really big amount, Genji has always been popular but now he is just not good enough to make you having fun worth it (if you are even going to have fun using him in his current state), Itā€™s insane to me that people still think that he is good or even OP because there is a large number of players who like playing him, when will people realize that popularity and strength are two different things, of course, people are going to play what they like in gold, they donā€™t play to win most of the time, they just play to have fun, people literally said that he is going to be in a good place after the ā€œbuffā€ he got, when most Genji players said that he will be worse, but will just feel a little bit better, people said that ā€œlook his pickrate is risingā€ when it was barely getting to 1% right after the change, you just canā€™t ignore him at this point, there are countless Genji players who are here on the forums giving out very good and balanced ideas, some even got as far as to make a working workshop code that will work with their proposed change, and it usually plays great, I donā€™t understand why the commuity is so anti-Genji, they will come with pickrate when it is about Sym or Moira, but when it is Genji itā€™s somehow not an issue that he is there, people have such a double standard when it comes to this and it makes me so disappointed, especially when you have countless Genji mains advocating to change and help those heroes who straggle, but when it comes to Genji they get not backup from the people that play those heroes and are all for buffing weak heroes, even when Genji is at a worse state, just annoys me to see people ignore him after claiming that they are saying that heroes like Sym needs a buff.

Well, that was a bit of a rant wasnā€™t it lol.

3 Likes

Do they really listen?

You ever cry tears of joy at only three words?

2 Likes

to be honest, you can play any hero and still win until mid diamond. And even then, it wonā€™t be as nearly difficult to play those heroes until you reach high masters.

1 Like

Well at least genji got changes this year that reflected the desire of less blade bot and more midfight

2 Likes

And it definitely helped him a lot.

This goes the same with those people who main those heroes. They advocate for their heroes but they dont advocate much for others. Getting tired of when every other hero thread gets a ā€œbuff thread,ā€ no one complains and stays on topic. Sure whatever, im not opposed of it. But when theres a genji thread, especially how weā€™re not asking for much, you guys always, and i mean ALWAYS try to bring up the ā€œwhat about my hero(es)ā€ card and change the topic to another thing.

This is getting annoying how i only see genji threads get this crap but every other hero thread is fine. I dont see other people in other hero threads advocate for others as well. Whats wrong with that? If its a general heroes thread, then this would make sense. But everytime its a genji topic thread, this happens.

3 Likes

Helped him out in his actual power level and viability? Debatable.

Made him feel better to play? Absolutely. I think that was kind of the point of the change

1 Like

Pickrates donā€™t matter but when one of the most popular heroes in the game drop below to 4.77%, thatā€™s a massive issue. Everyone who played Genji gave up on him.

Pretty sure itā€™s not based on ā€œ1 day statsā€ but rather on culmative data. In other words, the week is a 7 day interval. It does not start on Sunday. Itā€™s based on the information that was gathered throughout a 7 day interval.

1 Like

thats what happens when perception is greater than reality

bc its important. very very important. if a hero has been bottom for months/years they take precedence over the new low hero who has been picked a lot more throughout time.
Until OW 2 comes out what little dev time we get is more precious.

2 Likes

only happens when the post only gets 3 comments. i still havent seen any buff thread like that tho

lol what? have you actually read any of them? someone always says no

and tons more also saying NO. just like genji. so whats your point? If you actually read those threads tons disagree with not only suggested buffs/changes but in general.

specifically DF and mor are so vitriol at points and ā€œskillā€ is used so improperly

2 Likes

They doā€¦ repeatedly. But I guess we can ignore the countless buff and calls for reworks on Orisa/Bastion/Reaper/etc. posts and focus our narrative on this single thread about how Genji has finally touched the bottom of the barrel. That sounds better, yeah.

1 Like

This rarely happens on these forums lol

Also when Moira was in a mediocre state, tons of people more specifically Genji in 2019 were all over the forums spamming posts about how overpowered she was and were trash talking all of the Moiras, even til this day it goes on daily lol. They never once spoke about how weak she was, and even recently when she got nerfed, people continously say she is overpowered.

Heck even now people constantly say Moira is fine when sheā€™s not.

The Top 100 Reaperā€™s since like 2019 were mostly dia/pla players, barely anyone talks about Reaper on these forums, until his changes recently, which didnā€™t even buff him, it just made him worse than he already was.

Orisa getting any sort of buff is deemed ā€œoverpoweredā€ by streamers and then their fanbase comes raging about it, then when the buff goes live nothing really changes.

People talk about Symmetra being broken and overpowered all the time

People say Bastion is too easy and should never be good

Sombra apparently ā€œruins the game and should never be goodā€

I see more negative threads about said heroes than good ones, maybe Iā€™m coming to the forums at the incorrect times, but all Iā€™ve been seeing for the past month are mostly buff Genji threads.

2 Likes

I do read those threads, so nice assumption. More often than not, thereā€™s people echoing the sentiment instead of pretending the hero is fine when they clearly arenā€™t. They usually take the conversation seriously, but most people with Genji suggest removing something unnecessarily to ā€œbalance it outā€. The amount of people Iā€™ve seen suggest removing dash reset for one point of damage is astounding.

1 Like

He is a niche pick right now and that is okay lol

1 Like

ā€¦and just because he is thereā€¦ letā€™s buff him and ruin every other possible game mode and other ranks right? The game IS NOT ONLY THE HIGH RANKS.

2 Likes

Most of your post I could just say ā€œdidnā€™t ask lolā€ since it really has no substance to the topic, youā€™re just pointing out that some people dislike certain bottom tier heroes which I could easily counterpoint about how people also LIKE those heroes into a discussion that would lead nowhere but letā€™s just look at some of the posts today pertaining to ANY game balance (Iā€™m not going to list every single one since I donā€™t want to make a monster post although I think I came pretty darn close, but feel free to use the search function). All from the ā€œlatest tabā€ at 6:48 PM EST going from top down.

As seen from just today, the majority of the balance talk around here is for the trashcan tier heroes, which does include Genji. So yes, you must show up at some magical hour indeed for you to be this blind to forum balance discussion. Posters DO bring up the underperforming heroes often. (Sorry for the late response, I wanted to wait until near the end of my day to make sure there were a decent amount of balance discussion threads)

6 Likes