OW2 and symmetra

Ok this isn’t about if current symmetra needs a rework or not. This is about symmetra in OW2.

The argument I see for sym not getting another rework, is how really she’s a niche hero that at best needs minor buffs to be better. Whether or not I feel like thats a good enough reason for not getting a rework is not important. But here’s my question.

If OW2 will get rid of 2CP, then what will happen to sym?

A large portion of maps that she works somewhat good on is on 2cp. So what’ll happen to her when that’s gone? Is it really fair to make her that niche? I mean why make a hero for months that only works on what 2 maps? Maybe more if you count certain sections where you can use her? Why go through that trouble to make her that useless?

And I like sym. But I feel like some minor buffs won’t make her good enough for when OW2 comes out. Especially since it won’t look like the new push mode won’t really help her all too much.

I hope the devs give us more insight to which characters will get major changes for OW2. Especially for sym who will be greatly affected by the removal of 2CP.

6 Likes

My theory is that they will probably buff her speed to make her faster overall. In theory this would make her better at attacking and pushing.

Other then that I am not too sure, maybe another rework. Or of course, nothing at all.

It could. But is it enough to compensate the lack of maps she can work on? Don’t know but it is nice to see more dps heroes getting mhhh this type of class passive.

I think it would depend on how much they buff her. I will say that the faster she can get level 3 beam, the better she would be at pushing. In addition to faster TP deployment and turrets.

Could work. Wonder what they have in store. Let’s hope they say something. Would make people less worried. I mean I’m not someone that wants any hero to be bad.

Even…Doomfist and

…RAT!

1 Like

Indeed, Sym can be taken in many directions. Some good, while others not so good.

1 Like

This.

I think syms kit is fine in itself, but it’s to slow, make it slightly faster.

I also hope they will make her teleport more sturdy and reduce CD to encourage more active teleporting.

1 Like

depending on what you define as a rework, she doesn’t necessarily need one to alleviate her problems which legit are caused by devs simply not giving her good enough numbers and devs trashing mechanics that weren’t very problematic in the 1st place.

I think she’ll be reworked into support. They even briefly mentioned during Reddit AMA last year.
She won’t ever be viable in DPS slot - her kit is too support/utility focused.
Same with Sombra. They won’t work well in 2/2/2 enviroment becase it’s better to have more damage than utility.

1 Like

I’m not suprised if they do nothing Sym and be like “oh. She’s trash. We really did not expect that.”

I’ve tried the archives events with her and she is honestly quite good against the AI units.

I find her in an interesting spot because of her utility. Like Brig and Mei, she can be quite a boom or bust character. I do think her kit is actually quite versatile but I feel that players don’t understand how to play her.

For example, people keep complaining about her weak beam but:
Her beam is not meant to be her primary form of attack. It’s meant to be used as a Barrier buster beam and Tank buster beam first. Hitting a Barrier as a priority is a good choice in many situations since you regain ammo, gain levels and help your allies by removing/damaging the Barrier. When it gets to level 2 or 3, that’s when you can start melting Tanks and Supports.

Her turrets and orbs are suppose to damage enemies before she ever reaches beam range so you should be dealing with a weakened enemy before they even arrive in beam range.

That’s why they have to be careful when making it too powerful because she’d turn into a duelist when she’s more of a trickster that always tilts the situation in her favour even before the enemy gets to the objective.

Symmetra was barely usable before her whole kit was nerfed by 20% or more. She is worthless now. And why would we expect anything to change? OW2 is PvE content it has nothing to do with the multiplayer. The only reason anything would actually rightfully start being fixed and balanced in the game is because the garbo leadership under Jeff is coming to an end.

1 Like

i feel like a more detrimental change to her would be making all tanks ‘brawlers’

shes not in need of a rework rn, but when all tanks are brawlers? maybe

but ig we’ll have to see how the tanks get changed

Her best maps aren’t 2CP, but payload maps. El Dorado and Hollywood tend to be her best performance maps. When she had six sentries, Gibralter also performed well for her.

She’s situationally useful in Lijiang.

As for OW2, it’s far too soon to get an immediate response. Several characters are likely going through some re-tuning and re-works. It won’t be clear until OW2 beta starts, or we get some information direct from the developer’s themselves.