Reminder: Symmetra has a 2.8% pickrate in OWL

Meaning, she is present in a game 2.8% of the time.

Lets just go out on a limb and say that roughly .3% of the time she’s just being used to get out of spawn faster (as that is a common occurance), this brings her pickrate down to 2.5%, now lets look at maps!

(These are the only maps being played right now)

Blizzard world - 0.3%
Busan - 1.4%
Dorado - 1.0%
Havana - 0.5%
Ilios - 0.9%
Kings row - 0.3%

Lijiang Tower - 23.1%

Oasis - 0.7%
Anubis - 0.0%
Volskaya - 0.4%

Lets think about this a little more… seems like she’s a situational pick only used on one or two maps!

This is the whole reason she was reworked.

Source: Stats Lab (beta) | The Overwatch League

26 Likes

She’s very strong on her maps. Not so much on other maps. But yes I do remember them using that reasoning. Is it safe to say the rework failed?

4 Likes

at this point its WELL KNOWN that the rework was a failure.

This only solidifies it.

23 Likes

Why go out on a limb? What are the actual stats?

Really?! That other thread says MOIRA’s pick rate is lower then that, and there’s only like 7 supports😂

2 Likes

What’s so special about Busan? That is like one of the few koth maps I never consider using her on…

3 Likes

well its not really out on a limb, as the mean of her total pickrate -lijang is 0.3%

1 Like

At least she has her niche
some heroes like gengu have a 1% pickrate

sparkle tried genji and threw the whole match, that’s the last we’ve seen of him

6 Likes

“shut up and be happy with Lijiang” - people probably

14 Likes

Yeah and honestly she feels too good on those maps as well.
Like, if I pick sym on hanamurua attack and our team uses the teleporter… we’re going to win. On lijiang we’re most likely going to win. But then pick her on… idk… havana… and you have about 0% chance of winning. Just seems really unbalanced if you ask me.

2 Likes

It is about as balanced as my chicken wing only diet.

2 Likes

Yeah… Symmetra rework failed, the community has known this one for a good while by now :frowning:

3 Likes

IDRC about OWL stats and honestly this number doesn’t bug me at all. She’s been used more than 9 heroes. That’s great, but again I have to emphasize that IDRC about OWL stats. I care about balancing the ladder.

Sym is in a fine place in OWL but needs a bit of help on ladder. That’s my stance.

2 Likes

just pointing out that if shes on there its actually being used because it measures teamfights not appearances

comparing her to some of the more used dps (teamfights | win rate) - with and without draws

mccree 428 48.3 | 401 50.6
mei 289 48 | 262 50.9
tracer 438 44 | 394 47.6 (interesting considering shes most used)
echo 162 48 | 145 52.5
ashe 268 46.1 | 231 51.4
symmetra 37 40.5 | 36 41.5

and as far as maps i only see teamfights listed for dorado (1), lijiang (18), hanamura (10), havana (1), nepal (3), gibraltar (3) - hence the 36 above

her winrate on lijiang is 56.5 (her most used map)

on hanamura its 20…though i cant tell if that was att or def (one of the few flaws ive seen on that site as that context does matter especially on sym given most people would say her niche would be defensively)

i wouldnt draw too much from any of her numbers quite yet…36 teamfights total is pretty low…only like 4 teams used her for more than like 1 map it looks like

but for the sake of transparency/accuracy - those are her numbers

1 Like

Jeff: “Bring me my bat…”

just like 2.0

she was amazing if you had the right map, but useless otherwise.

I’m not sure about that. The only time symmetra was picked on blizzard world was to set up a TP going out of spawn, and we never saw her after that… yet she still shows for that map

not on list i just gave…no blizzworld to be found

teamfight win rate comparison tab

I honestly have no idea where that it, honestly.

It’s just more proof of how the rushed rework failed. Transforming her into a dps without raising her lethality by much was not a smart move.

Be glad she’s actually played sometimes and not with the trashcan friends Hog, Bastion, Torb, Junkrat, and Genji…