Idea to balance bap lamp

Idea to balance immortality
Make it a channeled ability, He can throw it but it only stays deployed for as long as the player holds down the bind or until destruction / timer runs out
So he can’t shoot or heal while immortality is deployed
Similar to how genjis deflect leaves him unable to shoot while deflecting
Making immortality more of a get out ability rather than a free fight/duel win ability

baptiste is overall too powerful to be able to have such a strong teamwide ability with no drawbacks whatsoever, especially when you compare it to pre powercreep heroes

my main point is that immortality is WAY too strong to have no drawbacks for using it

when genji uses deflect, it doesnt even provide full protection to him, leaving him vulnerable to CC, AOE attacks, beams, and attacks from behind, only applies to him, and removes his ability to fire while the ability is in use, and only lasts for 2 seconds

baptiste has NO drawbacks, and you can get around the low HP issue by just putting a shield in front of it, you know, like most team comps have lmao

1 Like

I… don’t see why Immortality Field is such a problem tbh… should it be his Ultimate? Deffinatly. Should it be a flimsy disc with one of the longest cd in the game further nerfed so it becomes utterly useless as a normal ability? No?

6 Likes

fun little baptiste fact

if bap uses IF before he dies, respawning resets the cooldown, which means that every time he respawns to recontest on 2cp or any other scenario, hes able to throw another immortality field, meaning that he can use immortality field basically every 15 seconds :))))

Prettysure they fixed that a while ago

nada, they havent fixed it yet

I’d rather change IF to the Fool’s Exp than have something like this happen, to be honest. But for discussion’s sake, I’d make it so that Bap doesn’t have to hold down E, just make it so that if Bap fires his gun at all then IF turns to dust.

1 Like

I think we should buff bap…and IF he’s kinda underperforming…

1 Like

Yes.

5 Likes

based, redpilled, chadpilled

1 Like

Lmaoooo amen :pray:

2 Likes

No!

6 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

I’ve always hated Yoshi. Merely looking him him makes me feel queasy, and he’s a guy that eats people and turns them into eggs. Disgusting creature.

Yeah theres absolurely no problem in an ability with power of an ultimate on cooldown.

3 Likes

Mario abuses him tho

1 Like

Good.

That’s messed up :skull:
It doesn’t show…hmmm

1 Like

Everything’s messed up in the Mushroom Kingdom. Bowser keeps trying to marry Peach. Mario eats mushrooms to gain power but they’re sentient creatures. It’s all wrong.

Behold! My true power…

2 Likes

Makes player and team immortal? Check

Used every fight because the cooldown doesn’t even matter with respawns and regroup? Check

Counteracts most ultimates and play making potential outside of high burst damage and hitscan? Check

Makes Bap one of the best anti dive heroes because not only can he make himself and/or his team LITERALLY UNKILLABLE but he can escape dive with his leap, and shift is enough to keep him alive through most poke damage.

Not to mention his weapon has the ability to duel and consistently win against most heroes because it’s just simply better.

Lamp is the real issue though. Shutting down play making potential in most situations sucks the fun out of the game. “Kill it” yeah you kill it when it’s around a corner behind a wall on a bus and still saving his team. It’s a support ult on a 25 second cooldown, and with the severe nerfs to ult charge rates a while back where zen and lucio don’t charge as fast having one in 25 seconds kinda strong. (Not to mention the rest of his kit is crazy strong so there’s barely any downsides)

1 Like

There you go. You’ve identified the issue. He has an ultimate tier ability on cooldown. As well as his actual ultimate.

I don’t agree with OPs suggestion, but it absolutely needs hard nerfs. Hard nerfs and a cooldown decrease to go with it.

1 Like