Genji is below orisa and bastion in GM

They do… repeatedly. But I guess we can ignore the countless buff and calls for reworks on Orisa/Bastion/Reaper/etc. posts and focus our narrative on this single thread about how Genji has finally touched the bottom of the barrel. That sounds better, yeah.

1 Like

This rarely happens on these forums lol

Also when Moira was in a mediocre state, tons of people more specifically Genji in 2019 were all over the forums spamming posts about how overpowered she was and were trash talking all of the Moiras, even til this day it goes on daily lol. They never once spoke about how weak she was, and even recently when she got nerfed, people continously say she is overpowered.

Heck even now people constantly say Moira is fine when she’s not.

The Top 100 Reaper’s since like 2019 were mostly dia/pla players, barely anyone talks about Reaper on these forums, until his changes recently, which didn’t even buff him, it just made him worse than he already was.

Orisa getting any sort of buff is deemed “overpowered” by streamers and then their fanbase comes raging about it, then when the buff goes live nothing really changes.

People talk about Symmetra being broken and overpowered all the time

People say Bastion is too easy and should never be good

Sombra apparently “ruins the game and should never be good”

I see more negative threads about said heroes than good ones, maybe I’m coming to the forums at the incorrect times, but all I’ve been seeing for the past month are mostly buff Genji threads.

2 Likes

I do read those threads, so nice assumption. More often than not, there’s people echoing the sentiment instead of pretending the hero is fine when they clearly aren’t. They usually take the conversation seriously, but most people with Genji suggest removing something unnecessarily to “balance it out”. The amount of people I’ve seen suggest removing dash reset for one point of damage is astounding.

1 Like

He is a niche pick right now and that is okay lol

1 Like

…and just because he is there… let’s buff him and ruin every other possible game mode and other ranks right? The game IS NOT ONLY THE HIGH RANKS.

2 Likes

Most of your post I could just say “didn’t ask lol” since it really has no substance to the topic, you’re just pointing out that some people dislike certain bottom tier heroes which I could easily counterpoint about how people also LIKE those heroes into a discussion that would lead nowhere but let’s just look at some of the posts today pertaining to ANY game balance (I’m not going to list every single one since I don’t want to make a monster post although I think I came pretty darn close, but feel free to use the search function). All from the “latest tab” at 6:48 PM EST going from top down.

As seen from just today, the majority of the balance talk around here is for the trashcan tier heroes, which does include Genji. So yes, you must show up at some magical hour indeed for you to be this blind to forum balance discussion. Posters DO bring up the underperforming heroes often. (Sorry for the late response, I wanted to wait until near the end of my day to make sure there were a decent amount of balance discussion threads)

6 Likes

No, im not referring to the people who disagree. I’m referring to the people who ALWAYS, and i mean ALWAYS do this in genji threads:

“WhAt AbOuT mY hErO?” card and try to devalue the genji thread onto their own hero(es).

Im not expecting everybody to agree with me but I dont like how there will be a genji thread and every single time, theres always at least ONE PERSON pulling the “what about my hero(es)” card on us but i dont see that at all in other hero threads. I always see it in a genji thread.

5 Likes

clearly not well since in pretty much any topic for the heroes listed there’s always disagreement esp with any doomfist. i’ve yet to see the cases you say exist.

Can you send me a forum link or topic I can search that proves your point?

fixed for doom

fixed for mor

fixed for brig

literally every character has had that bought up.

1 Like

they gave up like its honestly painful watching their streams

god damn

1 Like

There’s never disagreement to the point of calling their mains greedy and ungrateful because their character got a measly duration buff to an ability that helped in no way, and no one asked for.

There is always going to be pushback from a community, but “we’ll have to tweak the shield gain on ability usage for Doomfist for this” isn’t the same as “we need to remove Dash reset, put Double-jump and Wall-climb on a cooldown, and make Dragonblade unboostable” for one point of damage.

There is always “But what about Symm? Bastion? They’re worse, fix them first!” in Genji threads. Every time. You simply cannot have an actual discussion about what’s good for the hero with people here, as no one cares to listen.

1 Like

thats a huge false assumption

not whats said at all.

and in tons of other hero threads. stop assuming its only genji

you mean like you not listening to others? you clearly havent been

1 Like

Decent on second point anubis with the long narrow approach.

Because only genji mains want a strong genji. Everyone else hates the annoying jumpy bugger.

No character deserves to be dumpstered simply because they’re disliked. I disliked Brigitte, but I never wanted her dumpstered.

Sadly that’s not true. If a character isnt fun for people to play against they will quit. Release brigitte and moira saw people quit this game in the thousands.

Unfun =/= overpowered. Release Brigitte and Moira were unfun because they were overpowered. Genji is extremely weak and preys on mistakes to succeed - that’s why he’s unfun.

He needs a buff period. Even his recent buff didn’t help that much. I so wish he was like now what he was like last year about this time

1 Like

I don’t think thousands of people left the game because of Moira

She wasn’t even meta. Brig on the other hand…

No. Genji is unfun because of his stupid kit.

1. Double jump. Always jumping, annoying to aim at.

2. Dash. Another mobility ability, plus a ranged kill shot with no real counterplay other than “don’t be low hp”. Feels bad to die to this.

3. Blade. Combined with jumping everywhere and dashing. Could not be less fun to play against. Feels bad to die to this.

He’s not fun to play against. Even when you do get a shot without him jumping he reflects your own shots back at you. Honestly let him stay dumpster forever outside of pro play.

1 Like

That’s a pretty funny joke ngl