Demoralizing shout is bugged and it is why we have this AoE meta

Except you don’t even need a tank for aoe dungeon leveling. I was pulling all of cathedral with 3 mages, 1 resto druid, and 1 holy priest (holy nova). That’s probably the hardest pull you’ll encounter and no tank needed

Something is wrong because I remember it differently are my favorite threads.

2 Likes

The only place I’ve even heard of this supposed meta is here on the forums when people complain about it. I don’t think it’s really a thing.

The difference is that players know better now. Back then most warrior tanks didn’t know they were better of using demo shout over thunderclap.

According to the video I just linked apparently 3 and under, battleshout buff is better? O.o

Hi All,

We have identified a fix for an issue that was causing Demoralizing Shout/Roar to generate too much threat when applied to multiple enemies. In addition, we’ve also identified a fix for a separate issue that was causing Battle Shout and most healing spells, effects, and buffs to incorrectly split the threat they generate between enemies that had members of the buffed party on their threat list.

Hotfixes for these issues are going to be deployed very soon, at which time all of these effects will match their functionality in the 1.12 reference client.

47 Likes

Thanks for looking into it, Aggrend.

Surprising about Battle Shout in the reference client, but happy to have the 1.12 version in the end.

this some bs on gang

1 Like

Thanks for your hard work!

1 Like

Thisll be interesting. Even fewer tanks!

17 Likes

How about you leave the Demo shout alone, please.

14 Likes

Can you give a little more info on the battle shout change?

What was it doing vs what is it doing now?

6 Likes

Sweet! Keep finding bugs!

2 Likes

Oh, sillies.

14 Likes

oof nice

/10 chars

Ya the wording on the Battle Shout thing seems inconclusive.
Is it a buff or nerf?

I remember Demo shout being better on many targets, and Battle Shout being better when you could hit more friendlies than there were enemies.

Hope there is clarification!

8 Likes

Okay, that means it was set pre-nerf. Because I know it was nerfed originally during Vanilla. But it still generated decent threat even after the nerf, just not what it did before.

This was a bug in classic. Don’t fix it. #nochanges

Patch 2.0.1

Fixed an issue where Warrior "Battle Shout" was causing too much threat.
17 Likes

Okay, to clarify. Are you 100% sure this is a bug or the previous version of demo before it was nerfed in Vanilla? I want to bring this up, because right now, it feels like it was 15 years ago.

Unless I’m just remembering the parsing from pre-nerf. Obviously it’s been awhile, but the threat percentages looked right to me.

5 Likes

can you tell me why such a big deal was made about this

2 Likes