Is it just me or are druids the best 5 man tank in the game?

Just to add to this, they also have to be on that mob’s threat table to add to the threat modifier of BS for that mob.

It’s just you. Druids are for baddies.

Shaman tank best tank

Unfortunately the only place you can farm a Warden Staff is the AH using a sack full of gold. Prices should be down a bit as all the rich speedy boys and girls already got theirs, but in the end its all about looking for a good deal.

AoE threat from buffing with battle shout is divided amongst the enemies in combat just like healing threat and buffing with anything else is. So nowhere near the effectiveness of consecrate.

That’s how it was working when classic first released, which was a bug and not how it was supposed to work. In 1.12 it worked as I described and they indicated in the Demo Shout nerf thread that they’d be fixing buffing and healing threat, including battle shout, to work the way it did in 1.12

Probably not wrong. Better threat and they take less damage.

That is not what I read from the blue posts you linked. That looks to be describing a bug of spliting threat with a target where the person you buffed was not in combat with a target but a party member was. The split should only be based on enemies the buffed target is in combat with.

Trying to think of an easier class to play than warlocks and I honestly can’t.

On the contrary, druids are a class usually played by veterans because they probably have by far the highest skill cap in the game, by the very nature of having 4 or even 5 different forms that all must be utilized optimally, while balancing 3 different resource types.

No other class has an entire other dimension of gameplay to master

You can simply look up how people used battle shout threat on a fight like Nef to hold threat on all of the adds while everyone AoEd them in actual 1.12 to see that the mechanic worked the way I described in actual 1.12. That is how they intend for it work in Classic. That is how it’s supposed to work. That was not how it was working when classic released.

Also note that they did not nerf it until 2.0.1 and you can see in the patch notes of 2.0.1 that battle shout threat was specifically nerfed. If it was not a powerful way of generating threat in vanilla, you likely would not see that note in the TBC patch notes. https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_2.0.1

Druids tanks do the same dps as ret pallies in dungeons?

Oh yeah aside from Swipe early on at level 16, they get their version of Defiance 5/5 early in the game as well. They also do damn good damage while tanking. Seen them top the damage meters while tanking more than once.

Just because its threat is divided doesn’t mean it wasn’t the best tool on the warriors arsenal for aoe threat. You already pointed out its threat with buffing 5 people and even more with pets.

If battle shout did not split then tanks wouldn’t have bothered with shield spikes, force reactive disks and dynamite for aoe threat.

Also if threat was not split what about healers? Their aoe threat would be absolutely insane.

editing out the rest of the post since I think the claims about how it didn’t split were probably wrong based on the description in an actual threat guide from vanilla and a wiki post + it was explained now at the end of this thread: Nerf Battleshout Spam

Paladin tank is the best tank for 5 mans. With 31 points into prot. You get so much reflective dmg. And 11 points into holy for consecration it works insanely well.

I’m a priest, this is my forum troll.

Yep, and they also get instant plate armor values at 40 whereas warriors have a few levels gearing plate

I mained a prot pally on ND so they have a special place in my heart. But in classic dungeons there are far too many mobs with agro dumps ie abominations in strat to seriously consider them as even 5 man tanks which is tough for me to admit. They also can’t force reckoning procs for agro which is a further nerf to the class for tanking

Ah. I stand corrected. Priest are even more braindead to level and play until you’re holy

Leveling holy with 5 in spirit tap.

Yikes…

It’s called masochism. Get with it.