Asmongold mocks demo shout on stream

How can they nerf anything when that was the actual value in vanilla? What?

4 Likes

Wait, wait, wait. Forget the Asmon portion. Are they doing balancing on Classic classes that was not part of Vanilla? Seriously?

So many twitch streamer conspiracies around here. It was funny on launch day when asmongold beat the queue and was leveling people said it was because blizzard wanted free advertising, then when he DCs and can’t log back in for 6 hours asmon says it’s a blizzard conspiracy against him because they don’t like him.

:man_shrugging: it’s just goes to show how differently people perceive things.

Esfand got into his server, started talking to the guys on discord, and was taken aback that everyone else who was trying to log in at the same time was sitting in a 5k queue.

So does Esfand get “streamer priv” when he logs in, or is the queue system just completely jacked up and randomly letting people skip queue?

1 Like

Do you create any threads that aren’t streamer whines or doom/gloom posts?

2 Likes

No they are not “balancing”. The Warrior Shouts were generating way too much threat.

So this is a bug with Classic and not a holdover from Vanilla?

1 Like

It was a bug, it was not an accurate representation of threat in Vanilla. It was hotfixed yesterday. All is well now.

1 Like

Someone tweeted about the in game rain in some guy’s stream then my mom called and told me it was raining where she was.

True story.

7 Likes

Hm… I’m really only curious to see if there will be more “fixes” in the future.

Apparently it wasn’t.

So is it really a nerf then? Since that was how it was back in vanilla?

If something is not working correctly or is broken, then yes. To expect otherwise is silly. Some people take nochanges too serious.

Isn’t “fixing” something to make it more Vanilla like, actually in favor of #nochanges? Because the amount of threat the Shouts were generating were definitely not an accurate representation of how it was.

1 Like

No, it’s a fix to bring it in line with how it worked in Vanilla. It WASN’T working the way it did in vanilla. That’s the bug.

1 Like

it was like this in the streamer beta and it was this way until the nerf which means they didnt care about it.

Oh, believe me I am definitely not a “nochanger.” There are quite a few changes that I would like to see. This is more of an ongoing debate between my wife and I on whether or not Blizz will cave to qq and start class balancing in the future.

Yeah, no, I see the disconnect here. You were saying that the fixed value is the correct Vanilla value, therefore no nerf. You are correct.

1 Like

That’s all good and stuff.

But the title to that thread is misleading.

People figured out it was possible to clear dungeons by AOE cleave in Vanilla.

I’d say it was likely due to the high pop of dps, low pop of tanks, and the lack of a full toolset until 60.

Since your typical tank in a dungeon was likely dps spec while leveling in vanilla, there weren’t any real tanks until warriors respecced for raiding. CC wasn’t even needed unless you were undergeared for your level.

I don’t understand why people are upset about this. Famous players and guilds got things nerfed/buffed/fixed in the past too.