New Realm Connections are Underway

World of Warcraft is best when you have a community of other players around you, and while numerous ways to participate in cross-realm play have been added to the game over the years, there are still many aspects of the experience that are realm-based. From your history with your guild to your interactions with the economy around you, a realm with a healthy population provides more opportunities, and it’s been several years since we last connected some realms.

We’ve now completed a comprehensive study of realm populations for every realm in the world. Over the next 2-3 months, we’re going to connect the low-population realms to other existing realms. This process will take place during scheduled maintenance, connecting a few realms each week, until we’ve connected every low-population realm in every region to a substantially larger population of players.

As this project unfolds, we will post notices in advance of each week’s connections in the appropriate regions and languages. During each maintenance period, everything will be automatically combined for the affected realms. When maintenance is complete, players on affected realms will log into Battle for Azeroth and find that they’re now part of a larger connected-realm community. At the same time, we’ll merge the appropriate realm discussion forums.

Please keep an eye out for notifications here as we proceed through this project. Again, we’ll let you know here in advance when realms in this region are about to be connected.

Thank you very much!

147 Likes

Thank you for letting me know! That’s fabulous! I’m excited to make some new friends :slight_smile:

Update 2021: Wow these people are hardcore! I think one of these realms has a mythic raid team that is already 3/10m? I am going to message them and say I want to come with!

Update 2 of 2021: There is a person trying to advertise paid carries on Black Dragonflight alliance. Good luck lol, we don’t usually do that here.

31 Likes

Noice /char

4 Likes

Finally! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Which unlucky cluster will be paired with Rag?

81 Likes

Hmm is all I’ve got. I don’t want more cross-realm. That is why I chose my current server. (Low pop)

48 Likes

Hopefully Velen, there are a lot of people on Ragnaros and we need some people!

4 Likes

Yeah, the game is dying, we all know that.

22 Likes

Yawn… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I cant wait to make new friends

9 Likes

Could you please update the realm list while you’re at it? I mean, something like having realms that are grouped together listed in actual groups? Something to let people know which realms are grouped with which without having to check an external source.

129 Likes

Yes, finally, thank you

4 Likes

Bad move. Id like a free server transfer for 10 toons if the one im on gets too laggy, thanks. Actually nevermind, if this becomes idiotic theres other games im willing to go to.

23 Likes

You can’t just merge the low pop servers with the higher ones?

4 Likes

Hello megaserver…

14 Likes

So…we’re doubling down on CRZ, then.

Sigh.

I was SO…SO hoping that this wouldn’t be the case. I kept thinking after the demonstration of players embracing closed realm and just scrambling for it in Classic, that maybe?

But no. We’re just gonna keep slamming more and more people together who are not on the same realm. No merging…just more CRZ. I’m am seriously disappointed.

55 Likes

Personally? I prefer the quiet realms. Yes, I know this is a MMO, but I prefer to have my questing free of “WILL YOU JOIN MY GUILD???” :slight_smile:

32 Likes

One can dream :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Great… But you’ve been giving us 12 hrs notice (or less) for major changes this year. Could we get at least a week’s notice that we’re going to have out servers screwed up this time? A month would be better really.

12 Likes

The question is…do you want more Horde…cause this is how you get more Horde

8 Likes