#mergeEarthenRing

I would say it depends on what you are looking for. I’ve been on this server since pre-BC release but never got into the RP element of it.
M+ will always be what it is. What I tend to see is when a group of people perform well, they will generally try to group up together when trying to push into higher key levels. I’m sure the same could be said on any server. However those same people DO help others with their keys. Just don’t expect them to take you to a 15 if your only experience in M+ is a 10, especially depending on affixes and role. Its 5 man content but you can’t carry a healer or tank 90% of the time.
Raiding is hit or miss Alliance side, I can’t speak to what happens Horde side but if you are looking to raid there are only a few guilds who push content. Horde generally has a larger population to pool from when looking at mythic content.
Population has been a problem since Cata but if you are looking towards next xpac then you’ll not have to worry about server queue times.

1 Like

As for what Zilla brings up… This is a game, guilds are communities, which may or may not be a group you get along with. Realms like ER have guilds and members that have known each other since the game was released. Making assumptions on what is expected of other people for your own benefit is mistaken. If you are truly interested in transferring I would talk to guild leaders/officers before transferring. See if you like what they have to say and if their guild fits what you are looking for from the game.

2 Likes

The only person twisting anything here is you. You came in with unsolicited hostility and are now on the defensive here because of it. You have provided no evidence of anything, and have contributed nothing meaningful to the conversation, only toxicity. This is simply bitterness on your end, if not an attention grab. Wouldn’t that be ironic?

Anyway, the purpose of this convo is to try and help the server. If you’ve nothing helpful to say with respect to the people that wanna stay and make it work, please put your money where your mouth is.

2 Likes

but…we have layers…

/s

It bothers me immensely because I started on the server back in 2010 and had some of the best RP experiences of my life.

But the server is dead as dead can be. Every few weeks I’ll log on and go around Stormwind, but it’s always empty. So sad, considering this server used to be full of people 10 years ago.

I’ve moved over to Wrymrest and Moonguard. I sat around and waited on Earthen Ring for years hoping for a revival, but all my friends and guilds moved on.

Eventually, I did the same.

1 Like

News on this front. Merges going out soon, apparently. Merge Earthen Ring!

4 Likes

So happy about this! It’s been hard trying to find people to connect with since coming back.

3 Likes

100%.
Earthen Ring absolutely needs to be merged. It’s absolutely sad to see how long Earthen Ring has been left as quiet as it is. I really do hope that ER-US does get merged with some other RP servers, if not with a few normal servers.

5 Likes

I really hope ER is up for the merge this summer. I really was hoping for a blue post response to our thread.
Fingers Crossed!

1 Like

I tried having a friend play this game November 2018. He never played wow,I was really hype. After a little game play time (( without him, getting him extras like big bags)) I noticed right away that there was no one anywhere in stormwind or ironforge . without meeting people in the game or having a community or population was a big turn-off for both him and I that got brought up eventually. He didn’t play more than few weeks … I couldn’t blame him. If it merged :crossed_fingers:I would try again with him and another 1-2 ppl. Shame it’s taken this long

1 Like

I know that we are Sisters of Elune / Cenarion Circle are hoping for a possible merger with you folks, if they decide to merge us! We have a pretty small (but reasonably healthy) RP community, and are definitely looking to grow it a little bit, and get a healthier AH going.

Best of luck to you folks!! And much love from CCSoE :heart:

4 Likes

Merge to Cenarion Circle/Sisters of Elune! We’d be glad to have ya.

2 Likes

Let me add my voice here!! I would love to see another rp server join CC/SOE. I rolled a Horde and an Alliance here to check things out and I was saddened to see it so quiet. And not a single TRP3 or MRP in all those I moused over.

If you cannot get a connection to CC/SOE by means of a Blizzard effort. I invite anyone to join us by battletag. We are a pretty friendly group of folks and in need of more rpers, raiders and Mythic runners!

1 Like

It pained me to leave this server after 10+ years, but the population just dwindled too far down. I would give anything to have a tight-knit decently sized, but niche community again like ER used to have back around MoP days and earlier.

If a merge can help with that, I’m all for it and would come back in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Anyone know yet if we are on the new list for mergers?

Also, I am building a guild here of casual people, a place to hang out and maybe do stuff now and then! All part of making this server great again! I am almost always down for some RP, random or otherwise! My guild isn’t RP focused but there are a few of us here!

Never give up hope! :slight_smile: See you all around sometime!

1 Like

No, we’re not on the new list of merges. But there’s more to come. I’m still hopeful. And you might wanna connect with Barbro if you’re lookin’ to get into some RP.

3 Likes

We are buddies already!

3 Likes

I think that there’s cause for hope for a merge given that they are merging other realms. I know I’m crossing my fingers.

3 Likes

Thanks for the shout Xenkore!

Really hoping we are included with an upcoming realm merge, we could really use one. …Or two or three other smaller realms. I really hope to see a larger and more robust population on ER before too long!

3 Likes

we may not get merged or connected cause we are a medium pop server in the eyes of blizz but we do need this to happen

2 Likes