The dire status of low pop servers - A plea from Felstriker

We need help.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Felstiker and the community that resides there, but there comes a point where enough is enough.

At the launch of TBC, the server started with 5 guilds, this has now whittled down to 3 with the news of another guild transferring off coming yesterday. Groups are getting more and more difficult to fill with each player that transfers off the server and there will be a point in the near future where this will become an impossible task.

When will Blizzard acknowledge the issue of low population servers and offer a solution to the clear mismanagement of server population?

4 Likes

They’re doing a sweep of all their games to make sure there’s nothing offensive in them instead. That’ll be $15 plus tip.

5 Likes

sorry but you get no help unless this problem can be shown to effect horde more than alliance players.

Haha a little difficult when Felstriker is 0:100 in favour of the alliance!

Deviate stands with you friend.

They’ll do what they did in Retail, server mergers so long after all the players quit that it isn’t a problem anymore.

Rubs hands together
SORTED

2 Likes

Please don’t try to “fix” this. Heartseeker is awesome as a server with NO ONE as Horde. There are plenty of servers with good populations you can play on.

So why not transfer to a more populated server?

If you don’t like low population servers you shouldn’t play on them.

who is going to pay for raid-wide character transfer??

Shouldn’t have gone felstriker m8, yojamba and arugal were both available and Yojamda didn’t even have queues. You should have seen this coming given your server has been lowpop for the last ~2 years and swapped earlier like everyone else.

So my solution is to pay $35 AUD per character to transfer off the server? I understand that is an option but for many its not palatable to do that for that many characters.

Blizzard have allowed Arugal and Yojamba to succeed by adding layer upon layer to them, while doing nothing to support struggling servers.

You’re correct in saying the server has been low pop for two years, but there was always enough players to be able to raid and dungeon. It’s coming to the point where the population is not sustainable.

I understand that this option exists in a paid format currently, but many players have multiple characters and just saying pay the fee for every character is a bit of a cop out. This should have been addressed long ago by Blizz!

Blizzard have always said they’re keeping an eye on low pop servers and looking to fix the issues, yet nothing has been done to date.

1 Like

Blizzard says a lot of things man, you should’ve known better and transferred ages ago rather than expecting them to do anything. Felstriker was almost dead during classic at certain stages and they didn’t do anything.

Last night (5 pm EST) , THALNOS had 10 Allies on (/who), the population went up to 13 around 8 pm EST. I saw 3 Horde in Shatrath the whole time.

Anathema stands behind you also. Blizz needs to step up and take action! We’re losing friends at an alarming pace and the sad part is they’re not transferring they’re just quitting. Quitting because they refuse to give a company that doesn’t care about them more money. Sure we play an out dated version of the game but we still pay the same amount of money as a retail player to keep our account active yet we’re treated like second class citizens.

1 Like

Blizzard said they were going to connect every low pop retail realm IN THE WORLD to a substantially higher population. They said it would take 2-3 months to do this.

That was 12 months ago. They never even came close to finishing that project. I personally wouldn’t hold out hope that the low pop Classic realms will ever receive help from Blizzard.

2 Likes

The raid.

I was starting to think i had imagined this. Embarrassing how swept under the rug this was.

1 Like

Do we actually know if any servers were merged at all? Felstriker and many others would have been perfect candidates for this yet nothing was done!

We all understand that there’s a paid option available but for many that means moving anywhere from 2-7 characters! At $35 a pop seems a bit steep for an issue that Blizzard could solve!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.