Realm Connections -- August 20

That would actually be a pretty good change for the realm lists but I feel like they’re just outdated spaghetti code that Blizzard doesn’t wanna fix or improve anytime soon because it would take “too many resources” and “isn’t high on the to-do list”.

I’m like 99% sure that server caps are much higher than some of the biggest realms but still display as “Full” to deter new players from attempting to go to them. Maybe they don’t have the tech to deal with larger realms? But that wouldn’t really support the fact that some realm groupings are like 5 to 6, and I think there’s a 7 realm linked group?

At the end of the day, I’m glad Hyjal was the realm picked to be linked with PM. I’m not sure if it’ll shake up the raiding scene at all with Temerity being a great guild but now competing with Formality for serious progression raiding recruitment but it could also help other guilds potentially recruit as well.

PvP for the most part would be unchanged outside of Warmode memes but I think the few of us on PM that enjoy and play with Warmode on would welcome an actual source of Horde players to play with outside.

1 Like

I wonder if my server is not in the list, will my server be available for play during this planned maintenance period?

Has worked that way typically, i.e. you should be able to play.

1 Like

Retail seems to be dying and rightly so. Only us Classic players are keeping the game alive.

1 Like

Interesting how you say “This process will take place during scheduled maintenance” as when you schedule extra maintenance you can still say it is scheduled maintenance as you have scheduled it.
When I saw “scheduled maintenance” I assume it to be Tuesday not some extra scheduled maintenance you added.

You completed a comprehensive study of realm populations for every realm in the world why have you not just listed all the server merges you are going to do?

I would gather that is opposed to unscheduled maintenances that may occur randomly. While it may seem superfluous to read, stating that they will be scheduled ahead of time as opposed to just surprises lets people know they will have some warning. Whether it is a day or a week.

So far, they have been scheduled at least a day or more before they occured.

I have to disagree here, I feel Hyjal was an inappropriate realm to pick. I say that based off of a few things: realm population, past aspects of realm competition, and the AH. On either realm raiding has never had a problem in finding raiding guilds to join, PVP groups were never an issue bc players who wanted to actually push rated PVP would find one another, but the AH of both realms is different and when they merge it is gonna tank both realm’s economies and I am speculating that the cost of stuff is going to steeply drop. It just doesn’t seem like it is going to go over well tbh. There are other realms that would have benefited so much more in connecting to Proudmoore than Hyjal. And Hyjal gains practically no benefit from being connected other than seeing some new faces at The Great Seal.

Ironically, Temerity transferred/faction changed to Hyjal Horde from Windrunner Alliance (iirc it was Windrunner realm). They have a long standing of competitive raiding. They literally made the move to escape a dead/dying realm in hopes of keeping their raiding devotion alive. Now it’s really ironic that it wasn’t implemented sooner, it would have saved a lot of frustration for many players. I wouldn’t even be shocked if Temerity decided to swap back to Alliance after the connect, as the Proudmoore population vastly outnumbers the Hyjal population which in turn leads to more opportunity.

Please DO NOT merge Proudmoore with Hyjal. Proudmoore has a built community, and our sever population is already high. Making it any larger will create queues for Shadowlands, and adding another server culture will weaken the community we have built for LGBTQ+ players. PLEASE do not do this.

4 Likes

I mean, that’s how the first king becomes a king. By proclaiming himself one. Do you not understand how kings work?

1 Like

I do agree that the balance between Horde and Alliance numbers will still be tipped in the favor of Alliance even with this merge. But I think you can be a little more relaxed about the AH economy stuff. We still have 3~ months before a new expansion releases and atm people aren’t really concerned with farming BFA mats and consumables. The tier has been over and things are already at their stagnant points. The players will have time to adapt by the time Shadowlands comes.

Instanced PvP is unaffected for obvious reasons, I was only talking about outdoor pvp in Warmode. It would be much more convenient to KNOW what horde will be out there instead of having to go out and possibly get thrown into a phase with leftover Tich players. Nobody wants to be phased with Tich players.

Other realms definitely need this attention more than Hyjal and Proudmoore. Like I mentioned before, it almost looks like a typo in the blue post to have them even in the list and then say “low pop realms”

I know nothing of Temerity’s history so I won’t give an opinion about their past decisions but I don’t think it would make sense for them to swap ally, horde in general is already the premier raiding environment for top-end progression, I don’t think they’d be in danger at all. Quality raiders willing to move to Hyjal already wouldn’t concern themselves with possible Alliance opportunities, if anything it would be more a possibility that some Proudmoore guilds/raiders would just swap to Horde-Proudmoore so they could leech off of Hyjal’s success.

And while I believe this also won’t cause any “Queues for Shadowlands” issues, I keep my standards low when it comes to Blizzard tech working as intended so I’d like to say that’s also not a real issue or at least a high priority one to think about.

1 Like

To echo what several others have said… Why Proudmoore and Hyjal? Both realms have healthy populations albeit are dominated by one Faction. But addressing low population realms was always the big thing with connections. So…connecting two high population realms(with Proudmoore being way bigger than Hyjal at that) just seems…unnecessary.

Why not help the numerous low pop realms instead of us? That’d be the logical thing, at least in my opinion.

That said, for what it’s worth, I’m not against the connection entirely(as I do know a few cool folks from Proudmoore) and Hyjal is a chill realm and I know we’d mesh fairly well. But again, it just seems pointlessly unnecessary.

What I am worried about though… Stability. How is this massively increased traffic going to affect our gameplay. Lag, Queues, etc… And, being a avid lurker of the CS forums, have yall solved the gold issues? Cause I won’t lie, I’ll be livid if I’m missing a lot of my gold after this connection. As anyone would be.

To end though, once again to echo others… Why Hyjal and Proudmoore? Please give us insight into this decision. I’m not against it, but it just seems pointless. when other servers are in much more dire need of help than either of our realms.

1 Like

Thanks Kaivax for the great news. I was the one that asked for the connections at Blizzcon and Gorona is joining my server. So glad to hear it!!!

1 Like

Depends what King you are talking about. There have been plenty that have been appointed by their people. But i digress, are you still going on about this? Fact is, he removed the line cause he knows its silly.

Is is just me or does anyone else feel kinda uneasy that people seem to assume Proudmoore is going to suddenly be a bad place simply because another server is being merged??

Also Proudmoore is stupid over the top alliance server we need a stupid over the top horde server like Hyjal to balance it out more.

I mean it took less than 30 minutes for someone to post a trans-phobic comment in this thread. The community that Proudmoore has built has reason to be concerned.

5 Likes

Sargeras + Illidan next. Do it!

Just kidding. I don’t think there’s a good reason to merge high and full population servers with each other, especially with an expansion coming up soon. You’re just begging for auction house problems and queues.

I suppose if you’re planning to eliminate CRZ and bring back the PVE/PVP server difference, you could want some kind of faction balance on PVP servers, but weren’t these PVE servers?

3 Likes

I need to see this sketchy screenshot now.

1 Like

Gods no.

I’d prefer Cael/nagrand just so I can get the rest of my toons in guild here without having to pay for it.

But no, my horde OCE are on Dath’remar.

Wow progress is usually annoying cause it didn’t update population numbers ever since legion, BUT for your question it comes useful, cause it still has the old labels, pre warmode, and yes, can confirm they both were pve before warmode came.

Eliminating crz would be good, especially now they’re doing so aggressive connections they will have a decent population around in the world, no need to have 7 realms together artificially any more.