Will classic TBC kill retail?

hum, i don’t plan on playing classic much since i have beat every heroic/raid tiers in that expansion already long time ago. i am only really playing it b/c resil is a thing. outside of that, i can’t be bothered tbh. as to sl, well, i haven’t playing it much for 2 months now: i got aotc then i burned out big time. 9.1 better be the bees knees or i’ll probably take a break until next expansion and hope they friggin listen by then. /s

Well looks like not enough players quit classic, as there’s more people playing at 70 than systemlands. Also you made that up out of thin air.

The more you post the more convinced I am that you’ve only done this on LFR or as a paid carry.

1 Like

No, but I can assure you trying to convince someone who plays both Retail and Classic, that Retail is infinitely more complex, is going to get you nowhere.

Both are complex in their own ways. Neither one really tries to be the same thing.

I’m really not. Servers emptied out and were merged New Realm Connections are Underway

To quote a scholar of our time:

I’ve literally provided numbers that can be verified by 30 seconds of googling

2 Likes

So you get a post from July 2020 which was in reference to retail so you’re argument is that retail is dying? Well I agree!

Servers emptying out was because Blizzard made like 25 extra servers during the first two weeks of Classic because legitimately all of the first ones had 10-25k queues during peak hours, but not many people took the free transfers off.

Retail is more complex; you have a larger number of classes, possible builds, covenant systems a much more fleshed out system for raiding and dungeons…

This isn’t to say that Classic or CBC don’t have value; they both offer a more longform approach to the game then Retail does while also having a stronger sense of community both of which I can absolutely respect.

That having been said, while you’re dead wrong on the relative difficulty of normal nathria, I can at least respect that you’ve done some legit content.

Which wouldn’t have been a problem if they’d been able to maintain there populations.

It references wow as a whole. Cute that you think it only applies to retail.

Raiding and dungeons are definitely mechanically complex in comparison, but when it comes to classes and “builds” retail definitely doesn’t hold much against different spec setups you can get with TBC talent trees.

Man, I really hope you’re trolling because if you’re this dumb I just feel bad haha. There is absolutely no reference to classic in that post, and there was never any server connections until the release of classic TBC. Try again!

That is called an opinion, and it is subjective, not objective.

2 Likes

High number of people playing a game = game is good
Low number of people playing a game = game is bad

Should I go on?

No, please don’t.

1 Like

The thing with the talent trees is that they offer the illusion of choice; there may be dozens of skills to choose from but when you get down to brass tacks the number of viable builds for the content you are doing (IE raiding vs. PVP) it’s considerably more limited then you might think.

Kid, people were complaining on the forums that Classic was bottoming out by febuary.

1 Like

So now you’re not providing proof? Just you’re own experience? Just give up and stop responding to me, you’re making a fool out of yourself lol.

Not really though, you can spec Prot Paladin in a couple of ways that make it more offensive or defensive, AoE farming builds, warlocks as an example can put 0/2 1/2 2/2 in Improved Health stone that enables players to keep 3 health stones in their bag. Holy Paladin could path down into either Prot or Ret and take either some defensive or offensive stuff, or utility like more buff improvements. It’s actually pretty vast considering modern talents are so cut and dry.

I will say most people forget that the reason why talents were changed was because in Cataclysm they trimmed off roughly half of every talent tree and made it so you had to put all your points into the tree before moving over to the other specializations, which turned everything into super cookie cutter builds