New Realm Connections Inc

Edited title, supposed to be connections, not mergers.

New Realm Connections are Underway

World of Warcraft is best when you have a community of other players around you, and while numerous ways to participate in cross-realm play have been added to the game over the years, there are still many aspects of the experience that are realm-based. From your history with your guild to your interactions with the economy around you, a realm with a healthy population provides more opportunities, and it’s been several years since we last connected some realms.

We’ve now completed a comprehensive study of realm populations for every realm in the world. Over the next 2-3 months, we’re going to connect the low-population realms to other existing realms. This process will take place during scheduled maintenance, connecting a few realms each week, until we’ve connected every low-population realm in every region to a substantially larger population of players.

As this project unfolds, we will post notices in advance of each week’s connections in the appropriate regions and languages. During each maintenance period, everything will be automatically combined for the affected realms. When maintenance is complete, players on affected realms will log into Battle for Azeroth and find that they’re now part of a larger connected-realm community. At the same time, we’ll merge the appropriate realm discussion forums.

Please keep an eye out for notifications here as we proceed through this project. Again, we’ll let you know here in advance when realms in this region are about to be connected.

Thank you very much!

4 Likes

RIP my original stomping grounds of Thorium Brotherhood.

Presumably won’t affect us directly. Last I checked, WrA was still full.

3 Likes

Yeah from that way it’s described, it seems like their goal is to connect realms that are already connected to other realms.

:crossed_fingers: please don’t merge us with ED :crossed_fingers:

In all seriousness I think it’s more likely we’ll get attached to some other RP realms. Scarlet Crusade, Cenarion Circle, etc.

5 Likes

Imagine our collective power if WrA and MG combined to make a super saiyan server!

7 Likes

I think the Horde would do fine. But wow, poor Alliance…

Honestly dont even mind if this happens ngl. WRA and MG are 2 sides of the same coin. Just one heavily Horde populated and the other heavily alliance. Its not like we have rp-pvp servers anymore like ED (rip, all the good ones moved to Grobbulus) due to War Mode.

4 Likes

But the RP culture is so…different :sob:

10 Likes

Merge us with MG and ED, Blizzard, you cowards.

5 Likes

Yeah but…What would you rather be merged with, MG with the sin inn where the weirdos it contains themselves in 1 town, or the entirety of ED?

3 Likes

I’d rather be connected with all the tiny Alliance RP servers if I’m going to be honest.

Quick apology, I used the wrong word for the title. These are realm connections, not mergers.

2 Likes

If we get merged with a small server I effectively get 200 character slots to use as I see fit.

1 Like

The sin inn. Hands down.

Edit: Bold of you to assume MG is contained to one location.

100%, connect us with a bunch of minor RP servers, that’d make me happy.

I’m not AGAINST merging with MG, but I’d prefer not to.

I’d rather keep us separate from former RP-PvP servers though. There’s a significantly different culture between RP-PvE and RP-PvP in many cases, best left separate.

4 Likes

It could be neat to be connected with one of the smaller RP servers; I haven’t visited one in years, I’d be interested to know what their communities are like. I hope, though, that not too many people have deliberately chosen low-population servers to get away from the crowds, since it sounds like that won’t be possible any longer.

1 Like

I have no issue being connected with Moonguard but I don’t think they need to be merged with anyone because their population is healthy. I don’t think it will happen.
Smaller, quieter RP servers like Feathermoon are more likely options.

When did you play on TB?

This is great actually. This will help smaller RP servers as well as Alliance side on this server.

2 Likes

Based on the state of some of the smaller rp realms, connecting them would be like just connecting with a pve realm.