Realm Connections -- August 20

And you seem to lack basic decency by constantly being arrogant with your own opinions. Stop putting people down and people will reply to you with less animosity.

We aren’t against mergers in general, there are many realms with low population players and these need all the help they can get. We just don’t want that effort being wasted on two realms that have very healthy communities and do not need the mergers. There’s a reason people play on these realms and not mega realms like Stormrage or Illidan or Area 52.

No one signed up for a mega realm to be created overnight like that.

7 Likes

Um, I replied to:

You simply make rude, and frankly, incorrect statements and assumptions about people.

Your sanctimonious crocodile tears while you insult others and make totally wrong assumptions falls in line with your opinions against realm connections. Just rude and wrong.

4 Likes

Hopefully the people of Proudmoore are more friendly than you, then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well… if you run around accusing people on Proudmoore of not being from there… they might just pat your head and move on.

Perhaps you are simply just prone to quick assumptions of others. There are people who play more than one character and on more than one server.

As someone who has been on Proudmoore since Vanilla, this is something I never dared hoped for, and I am glad to see it. I am a fan of the idea of server consolidation.

4 Likes

Agree makes no sense and sucks for proudmoore, KJ woulda made more sense than proudmoore, KJ and hyjal both west coast and both horde dominate .
Proudmoore is lgbt friendly server and they deserve to be left alone, blizz doing blizz things to piss off the community , nothing new.
and ya they should offer free transfers since they forcing a none lgbt server to merge with a lgbt one.
And hey tewa :wink: come to mal’ganis :slight_smile: huggles

Is blizzard engaging with their customers so hard for them to do?

What does that have to do with anything? Players don’t have access to the data Blizzard is using to make the connections. Announcing the connections too early in advance would just cause people to argue for no reason.

1 Like

Kaivax: I’m confused what exactly is realm connections?

1 Like

I hope you guys don’t forget Thunderlord is already connected with Azgalor/Destromath/Azshara…

Even the maintenance message in game fails to mention thunderlord…

Uh… lol

This gonna be fun

I have all my Alliance on Proudmoore and Horde on Hyjal so this is fine. If you are on either you would have noticed we are constantly grouped together anyway. Just makes it official.

2 Likes

The connections are happening Thursday, not today.

I have played Alliance on Hyjal since 2009- started on Hydraxis in 2008. I logged in the day after they announced this merge was happening and saw maybe 8 other people in Tradewinds Market. Our guild was one of the originals in Vanilla on Hyjal and as people have gotten older and had kids our participation dwindled. Our GM logs in just enough to keep ownership of the guild but most of the time it’s myself or my husband on alone in our guild. We tried looking for new Alliance guilds but Alliance on Hyjal is a deserted wasteland. I’m super excited to be merging with Proudmoore, maybe now we can find a guild again with similar interests. I’m not willing to pay to move all my characters off Hyjal and likely lose all my names after playing for 12 years- really I shouldn’t have to just to have people to play with. I think Blizzard is probably seeing that this is the case for a lot of Alliance on Hyjal- they just stop playing instead of transferring characters to a more active Alliance server. Blizzard should be balancing factions a bit more- ultimately it benefits game-play and obviously would help their bottom line if it prevents people from quitting because they have no one to play with.

Edit- I had renewed today on the excitement that I would have more people to play with. That’s over now- I was able to get a refund. Thanks for continuing to drive your players away.

6 Likes

For the most part I think the problem is the movement has become like door to door Mormons you can’t ask to leave because if you do you’re automatically a satanist.

Everyone is entitled to a society where they aren’t discriminated against, but they’re not entitled to be liked by everyone.

3 Likes

After processing feedback here, we took another look at Hyjal.

One of our goals with this project was to define “lower population” and then connect every realm that fit that definition (within reason and accounting for a few idiosyncrasies) to another realm or cluster of realms. While Hyjal does indeed fall into our list of lower population realms, we don’t think it’s so low that it will be detrimental to leave it unconnected at this time.

The Hyjal to Proudmoore connection has been struck from this week’s maintenance, and we’ll look at Hyjal again in a few months to see how it’s doing.

19 Likes

Thank you so much for listening to the players from Proudmoore and Hyjal both! And for letting us know!

5 Likes

Excuse me, USA players, I’m here just looking for some feedback or a definitely answer from ours devs: When we, brazilians players, will have something about ours probably connections? We just have 4 active realms and till here nothing about us, we have a lot of players waiting for that to buy realm transfers or not.
Thanks for read.

4 Likes

Why couldn’t you have left trollbane/malfurion alone too - we didn’t need to be connected. We were considered high population and weren’t having any problems.

I believe cancelling this connection was for the best. Even if Hyjal and Proudmoore aren’t as high and full pop respectively as players think, there are plenty of other realms that are definitely low pop and would benefit more from a connection. If you find Hyjal numbers still seem too low in a few months, you could connect it to a realm like Aerie Peak, which is its Alliance-leaning mirror image.

4 Likes

Playing as Alliance on Hyjal has been a miserable experience for years. Merging with Proudmoore not only motivated me to keep playing but to actually be excited for Shadowlands and potentially the opportunity to join an active guild and social community rather than playing effectively solo since Pandaria. Cancelling this plan has eliminated any desire I have whatsoever to remain engaged with this game after 15 years.

10 Likes