🔖 [Bookmark] Roleplay Event Calendar

This is a calendar created a number of years ago to keep track of the happenings around our server (and others).

The fancy coding and apps allow ANYONE to fill out a Google Form to submit an event to the calendar INSTANTLY.

This calendar stays as up to date as we (the community) make it.

The calendar and submit form can be found here sites.google.com/view/warcraftisastage/home

Want to add it to your own Google Calendar?
Click the “+Google Calendar” button at the bottom right. Then it will show all the events in your home timezone.

I am happy to answer any questions you need, add reoccurring events, or help out in any way I can so that we can get more people to your event… you can find me by in-game mail, the website above has my BNET and Discord info, or just hit me up in this thread.

This calendar is a part of a larger project that I oversee called Warcraft is a Stage. You can find info for that here:

11 Likes

Ishnu’alah Lindiwe!

I recall your posts on the old forums, and I wanted to let you know you can actually integrate Google Calendars into these new forums.

The steps are below, if you’re interested!

Steps to Insert Google Calendar
  1. Go to Google Calendar. Select a calendar on the left and click on the tree dots next to it to open your Settings.

2. From settings, click on Integrate Calendar.

3. Copy the embed code that is shown.

4. Paste the code into your post! I used your calendar as an example below!

Here is the code if you want it!

<iframe src="https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=lindi.kitty%40gmail.com&ctz=America%2FNew_York" style="border: 0" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
6 Likes

It hates me because I dont’ have enough rep to post links. But as soon as I do I will embed it for sure! :slight_smile:

For now we can use your embed!

3 Likes

Then I will edit my post to reflect the calendar example first - at least until you’re able to install it <3

1 Like

Thank you! One day I will get all my forum rep back, but I ain’t as young as I used to be and time is not on my side for these things.

1 Like

Weekend reminder that this exists!

Just a reminder that this is a tool that exists! I am going to make a little more effort to get more events on there. Mostly for myself and my own tracking purposes. :cow2:

2 Likes

I have updated the calendar with the following events:

A-RP Harbor Games
A-RP Lions Share Monthly
H-RP Old Time Revival Monthly
H-RP Forsaken Speakers Caravan
H-RP THE SHADOWTUSK GREAT HUNT!
H-RP The Kosh’harg Festival
H-RP GILDED IVORY MARKET Monthly
A-RP Ironforge Craft Fest
N-RP The Brightmoon Faire!

All the links are on their calendar descriptions. Hopefully, I can update each week on Saturday evenings - but sometimes I am too sleepy :sleeping_bed:

3 Likes

Looking great!!!

Thank you for all the work put into keeping that running and making it cross-realm! That helps so much! <3

1 Like

Yes, thank you for the hard work on the calandar! It is most appreciated, and I love seeing all the events in one place. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

AH, yes… if anyone sees repeat events on there that no longer run let me know. I am just a little moo and can’t keep track sometimes :leaves:

2 Likes

So glad to see this is still being updated and maintained. The new additions look fantastic. Happy roleplaying everyone :performing_arts: :heart:

2 Likes

Bump for the spread of useful RP info.

1 Like

<3

I pm’ed you on discord some corrections!

1 Like

I have updated to include the following events:

H-RP FORSAKEN SPEAK OUT!
N-RP THE MIDSUMMER REVELRY
N-RP QUILEN & CLOUD TEAHOUSE
H-RP THE BLOODHOOF STORY CIRCLE
H-RP FRIENDSHIP FUNDAYS

The following recurring events have been been removed as I have been told they no longer run:
H-RP Soup Night
H-RP Horde Supply Caravan

If these have been removed by mistake, let me know and we can put them back up!

Looking for confirmation on the following events:
A-RP Shrouded Dawn Patrol
A-RP Troubadour Night
A-RP Feather Tavren
A-RP SU Pet Battle Class
A-RP Council of Bishops

I can double check with Nemp about the pet battle class! I don’t think she does it anymore, at least not the last time I talked to her about the pet stuff when she was giving some tips on running some pet battling events. :slight_smile: future events…in the planning

1 Like

Two updates for the calendar in August please.

Another “Speakers caravan” on 16aug 7pm server, meeting in Karnum’s glade in desolace. WM on.

Another “Forsaken speak out” on 12aug 7pm server, meeting in Crossroads, WM off.

Updated!

Added/updated a few events to the calendar this week:

• Speakers Caravan
  • Forsaken Speak Out
  • Brightmoon Show
  • Anniversary Party
  • Jac’ Bartending
  • Quilen & Cloud Teahouse
  • Northern Campaign
  • The Memoral of Flames

I have an IRL show coming up in mid-August that I have to rehearse and prepare for, so I likely will not be able to do major updates to the calendar until the end of August. You can submit your own events though by visiting the Tumblr page and clicking on the ‘submit event’ section.

Side note: the Tumblr also lets you submit a post if you are into that sort of advertising.

Yes, I know some of you hate Tumblr, but I am too lazy to code and host a webpage.

:cow2:

3 Likes

This is awesome!

3 Likes

Quick update:

I have moved the calendar from a Tumblr to a Google Site! View it here: sites.google .com/view/warcraftisastage/home (remove that space though)

In addition, a couple of friends and I have started a community to support guild interactions and dicemaster based open events. See that here: [Next Event: July 5th] 🎲 Warcraft is a Stage Community

The Tumblr still exists, so if you prefer that way to look at the event calendar, feel free.

I am not going to be plugging in events over the next couple of weeks due to that IRL show I mentioned earlier, but there is a way for you to submit your own events to the calendar!

:cow2:

2 Likes