[N Event] Assembly of the White Tiger

IC : Orā€™grak OOC : Sojudk
Fallen War-sage of the Warsong and Harbinger of the Unholy arts for the Ebon Blade.
Martial Strategies. : "Warfare of the Raiders."
War Poetry and Similar Works. : "The Hunter and the Wolf."

I thought Iā€™d use a few videos to bump the thread in place of relevant things to say.

2 Likes

Do you guys plan to host more? I would love to come to the next one!

I havenā€™t decided if Iā€™ll do it again after this. I suppose it depends on reception. Iā€™m certainly not opposed to doing it multiple times, however.

1 Like

A bump to kick off the new week. Hereā€™s a video on Chinese swordsmanship.

1 Like

Hello! I have put your event of the event calendar. IT is here if you want to check it out for correctness: šŸ”– [Bookmark] Roleplay Event Calendar

Cheers! :cow2:

1 Like

Excellent!

1 Like

For no reason at all I have decided use one of my Nelves for this bump. Also hereā€™s a Hema video.

I wanted to leave a short reminder for any potential contributors to apply on the thread so I know who to expect; for efficiency. Also hereā€™s a Nami Ryu video; about as short as this very post.

Behold! Another bump to kick off the new week. Also another Nami Ryu video.

Got nothing to say again. But what I do have is Tendo Ryu.

Iā€™m running out of videos I donā€™t have to look hard for to bump the thread with.

ā€œThey may be tubby around the midsection but they are strong men with fast reflexes & incredible balanceā€. Sounds like Pandaren to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMANOt2Jw88

Sumo may not seem like a martial art at first glance, but think about learning how to withstand a charging opponentā€™s impact with thousands of pounds of force ā€¦ & those are the humans. Now think about a Kul Tiranā€™s size compared to a Pandaren ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve always had an appreciation for Sumo. There was an old documentary I saw that showed a bit of how they train; the dedication involved is pretty impressive overall.

Came across the segment from an old video on Katori Shinto Ryu. This one shows the sword drawing kata, iai and batto; distinguished here by starting positions.

Thereā€™s a group that hosts a monthly Jedā€™hin tournament. OTOH Iā€™ve always thought that there must be some wrasslinā€™ going on in Valley of the Four Winds even if only on the down low.

A demo of either one might be a fun presentation for someone to make in the Martial Techniques category.

I just really wanted to share this somewhere.

Iā€™m pretty sure I put this in the last thread as well. A compilation of Zatoichi being awesome.

Found a video of Sumo training.

There were two others but theyā€™re close to an hour long.

Another bump to kick off the new month. Weā€™re mere weeks away now. Also hereā€™s some videos of Shinto Muso Ryu Jo.

On a related note Steelpawā€™s Imperial Tournament is the day before the Assembly. Feel free to check that out.

I swear it is only a coincidence that Iā€™m pushing it on one of my Steelpaw characters.