Concluded [A/N - RP Event] šŸ”„ The Memorial of Flames

Only one day left!! We look forward to seeing everyone in Darkshore tomorrow evening. :evergreen_tree:

:tshirt: Fashion Tips :dress:

In line with headcanon kaldorei burial traditions, it is common at funerals or memorial events like these for attendees to don dark, earthy colors, symbolizing the return of fallen bodies to the earth so that new things may grow and flourish.

In modern-day Azeroth, the need for discretion and protection is great within its wartorn regions. Those nature-aligned color schemes previously associated with death are now particularly useful for traversing places like Darkshore undetected, blending in with the diluted landscape and appearing inconspicuously neutral to friend and foe alike.

4 Likes

Itā€™s an honor to be a part of this and I canā€™t wait !! :wolf::hibiscus: !! Seriously, itā€™s been hype!

3 Likes

Unfortunately Iā€™ve got other stuff going on this evening IRL but Iā€™d love to have attended- there in spirit, though! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hope to be there!

2 Likes

This event is tonight, beginning at the location below at 6:00 PM server time!

Quick reminders to participants:

1 Like

Hello Feyawen! Even though I am a bit late to the party, I have put your event up on the event calendar - I hope you donā€™t mind. Itā€™s a tool I created a while ago to help folks find events easier and to help us event runners to coordinate. I hope you find it useful!

If you donā€™t want your event on there let me know. Good luck with your event!

2 Likes

This sounds awesome will try to be there.

2 Likes

Shaha lorā€™ma, Lindiwe! We very much appreciate you adding this to the calendar! :heart:

1 Like

Probably a bit late to signing up to say something at the start, but Alice would like to say something if she can!

2 Likes

Sorry for the late notice, but I had a sudden change of RL plans and probably wonā€™t make it. If you donā€™t see me on by 5:45, please pass my speaking slot to someone else.

I hope it all goes great!

2 Likes

Added to the list, Alice! :heart:

1 Like

No worries, Aydriadh! We will keep an eye out and hold your slot until the last moment weā€™re able to.

At this point Iā€™m definitely not making the start, so feel free to drop me outright. Thanks for your understanding!

1 Like

Canā€™t be there but sent a message via ingame mail. along with a crate containing the last of the seed cups made with herbs and flowers from around Darnassus. Iā€™m sure at least some of the attendees will know what to do with them.

2 Likes

In the hours before the gathering, Feyawen organized the crates of seed cups they had received from Steepmaster Kunbo. She set them beside the barrels of moonberry juice in a copse of pines near the hidden inlet, where the folk could rest and relax in the aftermath of the memorial service. She smiled to herself and felt the hot sting of tears as she read over the Steepmasterā€™s letter. There was a rustle beside her as the other hosts arrived to check on her progress.

ā€œOur old friend, Master Kunbo and the Quilen and Cloud Teahouse have sent us seed cups. Made from seeds they gathered in Darnassus, during their visits,ā€ Feyawen explained as she dashed the water from her cheek. ā€œI will distribute them after the memorial, so the participants may sow new life here in Darkshore.ā€

4 Likes

In Spirit of the Dark Lady, Iā€™am there sapping folks and committing murders!

Also bump as its 12 mins till the event. (Heading to work)

1 Like

Attended on my Goblin Hunter, Ankessa! It was very busy and I ende dup not emoting much but, it was great to see the speeches being held and the reactions some made to said speeches! Thanks for having me, guys!

4 Likes

Exceptional event! Wonderful.

3 Likes

Wonderful event! The organizers are to be commended for their time and effort into putting together a cross-faction, multi-part event that went so smoothly! I have a lot of fun.

5 Likes

It was a great event! Iā€™m only sorry I had to leave in the first hourish, because new baby required attention :open_mouth:

Thanks for organising it you guys! :smiley:

3 Likes