Horde roleplay on WrA

I’m recently returning to the roleplaying scene of Warcraft, and my two main servers have always been Moon Guard for Alliance and Wyrmrest Accord for Horde, though it seems MG is much more active. Walk-ups seem very active on both sides, of course, but there seems to be much more guild activity on MG than I see on Wyrmrest. Not to mention, there seems to be less if any at all “One shot” rps found through the group finder, such as “Gilneas” and “Tribal” rps, which can be pretty fun for casually trying out a character or just passing time.

Am I wrong on this? Is there actually an imbalance in RP on these two sides? (Horde WrA and Ally MG)

I only really RP Horde side on WrA so I’m not really good for comparisons. I can only speak for Horde Wyrmrest Accord.

But no, nobody really uses the groupfinder for one shot RP scenarios like that. Instead scenes tend to happen ‘organically’ based on relationships formed IC or people hosting public events. It can be harder to find if you aren’t regularly RP’ing in certain places, meeting the same characters consistently, or not on any of the relevenat Discord/Tumblrs.

You might want to check out the following though!

along with…

I’ve seen them on Youtube, though. They seem interesting. I’m sure if you created some on the server and advertised it, you’d get some interested parties. It’s just not really a part of server culture.

2 Likes

We are trying to get this group going (WIAS) to get more one shots and story line RPs between guilds, or even just one shots for members.

I will admit I have been on this server since the beginning, and most of the story lines happen within a guild setting and not server wide.

1 Like

That really makes me feel better guys. I’ll be sure to check these events out! Thank you <3

1 Like

In my limited experience, it’s purely a matter of server population.

WRA has a slight Horde bias, but ultimately has active and even busy communities on both sides, with walk-up RP, guild RP and server events being active on both sides.

MG seems to have a similar overall population, but overwhelmingly focused on Alliance side, which by nature does lead to a situation where the Alliance RP scene is more bustling than any other RP scene in WoW, I’d imagine.

As a WRA main on both factions, I find Alliance and Horde pretty equal in terms of guild representation and regular RP. MG just has focused massively on Alliance, which naturally leads to an even busier scene!

At the end of the day, you will find what you’re looking for on WRA. It might just be a little bit less apparent and quieter than Alliance MG.

1 Like